Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 10:10   #196
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Good to see 5 X 7" to 6" adapter plate included it will make the installation easier and stock.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 10:40   #197
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,500
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

So Frank, when are you going to install the Alpine speakers. I like to see Install pics.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:32   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Thanks a lot frank. Ordered them right away. Will get them for 19-20K!!

Meanwhile waiting for the ICE to complete for your car.
great! they look very very impressive. now it's their turn to do what they are supposed to. I am sure they will sound awesome.
Don't know what to expect, since I have never heard this set.
Expect to be blown away if the reviews online are anything to go by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
AAhh. That's the kind of porno i like these days.
They look S--y Franky. Congrats. Now just waiting to see your review on these baby's. Please have them installed fast.
Thank you sir. I keep getting the urge to open the box and gaze at the midbasses and crossovers again and again and hold them in my hands , but I have packed the set and kept it far from eyesight, since I have a powerpoint presentation to make tomorrow and there's lots of work left!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Good to see 5 X 7" to 6" adapter plate included it will make the installation easier and stock.
A huge package. This is one of the few Alpine products where you get a lot for your money.
Will this 5x7 adaptor be used as an actual spacer? Or just a guide to build a thicker spacer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So Frank, when are you going to install the Alpine speakers. I like to see Install pics.
The install was supposed to happen this week before my outstation trip in the weekend. But I have a feeling it wont. I would KILL for it to happen before the trip. Or else I am taking the Volvo
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:34   #199
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

Will this 5x7 adaptor be used as an actual spacer? Or just a guide to build a thicker spacer?
Just use the supplied spacer don't bother making a new one. It has threaded holes for which alpine has supplied screws to fit your speaker and it is strong enough.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 13:56   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Yes, and if the magnet is touching the glass or something, we can always build a thicker mdf spacer behind this one, still using this adaptor as the mounting point.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 18:34   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Woa Frank.
They look very tempting.
Congratulations.
Can't wait to see install pictures now.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:13   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Franky, just 1 request from a BPL (below poverty line) Fiesta customer from down south. Please click a snap of the stock HU back panel. I want to know if there is any provision behind for pre-out, sub-out etc. You might be pulling out the stock HU one of these days, so please remember my request. Thanks in advance.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 16:59   #203
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I can confirm that there is no Pre-out in the stock HU. I have one with me which i had pulled out from a similar car
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 18:16   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Sathee, please dont let me down. I am thinking of a better quality music retaining the stock HU. Franky please, dont avoid clicking the back panel, what if there is some hope, atleast a hole where we can pull out some wires !!
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 18:31   #205
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sathee, please dont let me down. I am thinking of a better quality music retaining the stock HU. Franky please, dont avoid clicking the back panel, what if there is some hope, atleast a hole where we can pull out some wires !!
hole to pull out wires?? where are you planning to pull the wires from?

As sathee has already confirmed the aren't and pre-outs. But your next option is a line-out converter

Example:

Name:  51s45MGIBVL.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  38.8 KB
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 18:50   #206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
hole to pull out wires?? where are you planning to pull the wires from?
I guess he may be planning to do something like this, being below poverty line (or above geekdom line)
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 19:19   #207
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

I am sure ideas will flow for a DIY project if the basic things are revealed. I dont want to pull out my HU only to check the rear. If pre-out is not available, we should create one from the unit, I have people whom I can trust on such things.

Frankly, I cant find anything wrong with the quality of music output that comes from the stock HU. An upgrade from the chinese speakers and may be a 4 channel AMP if required would change the whole scenario. Add a sub too, if one wants some DINK CHAK !

I wish I had that tree which Franky has in Mumbai ! Count some leaves and place an order on crutchfield or amazon or whatever comes first !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 19:45   #208
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

I wish I had that tree which Franky has in Mumbai ! Count some leaves and place an order on crutchfield or amazon or whatever comes first !
when did he tell you his secret
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 21:59   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Woa Frank.
They look very tempting.
Congratulations.
Can't wait to see install pictures now.
I am dying too. Sadly, we will be seeing (and me hearing) the install only next week. Sad no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Franky, just 1 request from a BPL (below poverty line) Fiesta customer from down south. Please click a snap of the stock HU back panel. I want to know if there is any provision behind for pre-out, sub-out etc. You might be pulling out the stock HU one of these days, so please remember my request. Thanks in advance.
BPL is a funny word and you're a funny man!
I am pretty sure there are no preouts in the stock Ford HU, and I suggest you scrap upgrading your system keeping this head unit. I mean, it looks good, and gels well with the dash, but the expandability of this head unit is pathetic, and so are the tweaking options. No EQ, no subwoofer control (of course) and no HPF/LPF (naturally!)
I would say, get the new HU and be done with it. As if you have steering controls etc to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
I can confirm that there is no Pre-out in the stock HU. I have one with me which i had pulled out from a similar car
Roger that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sathee, please dont let me down. I am thinking of a better quality music retaining the stock HU. Franky please, dont avoid clicking the back panel, what if there is some hope, atleast a hole where we can pull out some wires !!
You can't. Even if you did, it would sound crap, as compared to a 7-8 k head unit with the same equipment, due to reasons mentioned by me in the earlier reply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
hole to pull out wires?? where are you planning to pull the wires from?

As sathee has already confirmed the aren't and pre-outs. But your next option is a line-out converter

Example:

Attachment 187776
Line out converter, most often than not muddles up things. Sound might just get worse if you dont use a good LOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I guess he may be planning to do something like this, being below poverty line (or above geekdom line)
No bypass surgery on this current head unit please. It's just not worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am sure ideas will flow for a DIY project if the basic things are revealed. I dont want to pull out my HU only to check the rear. If pre-out is not available, we should create one from the unit, I have people whom I can trust on such things.

Frankly, I cant find anything wrong with the quality of music output that comes from the stock HU. An upgrade from the chinese speakers and may be a 4 channel AMP if required would change the whole scenario. Add a sub too, if one wants some DINK CHAK !

I wish I had that tree which Franky has in Mumbai ! Count some leaves and place an order on crutchfield or amazon or whatever comes first !
I gotta go count some leaves. I am back. WHICH ONE OF YOU'll STOLE MY TREE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
when did he tell you his secret
I own a TREE???
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 22:47   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

What's happening, Dantachikitsak-ji? Anatomy class in one thread, botany or horticulture class in another one?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finalized Audio for Swift VDi Prabhu In-Car Entertainment 4 16th August 2009 13:08
A-star or Spark? EDIT - Finalized Spark ritz830 Hatchbacks 67 18th July 2009 09:17
spark or palio for 3.3 lakhs? Edit - Finalized Spark ritz830 Hatchbacks 37 13th December 2008 16:12
Finalized Swift: How useful are Rear Sensors? lambuhere1 Hatchbacks 3 12th July 2007 22:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks