Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 10:41   #31
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
does anyone know what is the MAX size of the tweeter that can be accommodated in the sail panel (near the power ORVM button)
The fiesta's stock sail panel can easily accommodate 20mm tweeter. Some 1" can also be squeezed depending upon their casing size and dome profile.

The fiesta stock locations accept 5 X 7" speakers. Putting the bigger speaker is of no use as the grill / perforation in the door pad is quite small which will restrict the drivers output. Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.

Last edited by Autophile : 9th August 2009 at 10:52.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 10:59   #32
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Fixing my infinity tweeters on the ovrm took some effort . The ovrm pods are designed exactly for the stock tweeters, I'm sure your luccent's tweeters wont fit in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
The fiesta stock locations accept 5 X 7" speakers. Putting the bigger speaker is of no use as the grill / perforation in the door pad is quite small which will restrict the drivers output. Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
+1. I had mentioned this earlier on some other thread, If you look at the grill on the door pads you will have a better idea. 5.25 fits the best else you need to find 5X7's.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 01:31   #33
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
does anyone know what is the MAX size of the tweeter that can be accommodated in the sail panel (near the power ORVM button)
Frankji, on 6th you were going to book it tomorrow.
Is it Booked ? where's the Sweets and yeah Hearty congrats
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 09:53   #34
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Frankji, on 6th you were going to book it tomorrow.
Is it Booked ? where's the Sweets and yeah Hearty congrats
Yes, the booking was done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1419927
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 00:46   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Which 5x7s are you planning to plonk in, FM?
You sure are gonna love the mids. The 5x7s are real thumpers.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 00:57   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Hey frank this might just help in 5x7's
Polk Audio - SR Series - Mobile Speakers
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 01:05   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
Sir, i kind of did not get this one.

Did you mean the front mid basses in the rear?
how would that help in centering the front image?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 01:07   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

My recommendation: JL Audio ZR570-CSi (zr570csi) 6" x 8" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Putting the speakers in the rear parcel shelf helps in centering the front image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Sir, i kind of did not get this one.

Did you mean the front mid basses in the rear?
how would that help in centering the front image?
Strange to hear this

Maybe some new technology which we all here do not know. But I think Navin Ji might be knowing it...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 11:17   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Strange to hear this

Maybe some new technology which we all here do not know. But I think Navin Ji might be knowing it...
One probable explanation - though Autophile might have a different explanation - I can think of.

When the driver and passenger are sitting in the front the driver is closer to the speaker on the right and the passneger to the speaker on the left. If we use TA to align the front speaker's delays to suit the driver the passenger will get a really wierd image.

Hence if we make a compromise setting for the front image the image will come from the center of the dash.

Now if the rear right speaker was firing towards the left front passenger and vice versa the output of the rear speakers (in some cars - mostly sedans) might center the image for the front passengers.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 11:22   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now if the rear right speaker was firing towards the left front passenger and vice versa the output of the rear speakers (in some cars - mostly sedans) might center the image for the front passengers.
I can tend to agree here but what will happen when the sound is coming from the back. Which will disturb the listener by creating a back sound stage.

If one is hell bent on putting speakers in the back. I would use BPF to reduce the localization of them. Like using them for vocal part and no highs and maybe a bit midbass.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 11:33   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
One probable explanation - though Autophile might have a different explanation - I can think of.

When the driver and passenger are sitting in the front the driver is closer to the speaker on the right and the passneger to the speaker on the left. If we use TA to align the front speaker's delays to suit the driver the passenger will get a really wierd image.

Hence if we make a compromise setting for the front image the image will come from the center of the dash.

Now if the rear right speaker was firing towards the left front passenger and vice versa the output of the rear speakers (in some cars - mostly sedans) might center the image for the front passengers.

Thanks for the explanation navin ji. But what about the tweeters in that case?
Won't there be an odd sound stage ( a front sound stage from tweeters and more like a rear sound stage {not fully rear} from the mids. )

IMO its better to compromise a bit on the driver than try out this combo as the output just might not be as good. ( but would love to hear a car with one such combo )
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 11:58   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
... Like using them for vocal part and no highs and maybe a bit midbass.
That's exactly what Pio's FIE does - throttles down the mids and highs from the rear. They have had that for the last 15+ years. Try using the Fader after setting FIE - you can figure out what is happening.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 13:32   #44
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I was talking about putting a pair of coaxials in the rear parcel shelf and feed them little power (fader can be used). It really helps in centering the front image which other wise is not great.

It is car dependent so it can work in one car but might not work in another. Hope it helps.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 13:50   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Thanks for the explanation navin ji. But what about the tweeters in that case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
It is car dependent so it can work in one car but might not work in another. Hope it helps.
Like JB said it is car dependant.

In most cases a good pair of front components (esp the bigger 3 way sets some of you are using) is more than enough. JB solution will work better for lesser systems.

It seems to work better for some sedans better than htachbacks. This might be becuase of the angle of the rear glass of the sedan vs the hatchback - I really do NOT know. I speak purely from emperical experience. I have not used any rigid mathematical formule to simulate this (though with todays powerful computers I am sure some of you will have the wherewithal to do this).

For example it worked well in my Opel Astra but not in the Contessa. It might also have to do wth the bass system employed. the Astra had a simple Aperiodic bass while the Contessa had a transmission line (ducted into the cabin). I found in the Contessa that the rear speakers robbed the overall sound of it's timing.

I would not try this with a hatchback though. Cant give a reason except that it is my instinct (which is as often wrong,as it is right).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finalized Audio for Swift VDi Prabhu In-Car Entertainment 4 16th August 2009 13:08
A-star or Spark? EDIT - Finalized Spark ritz830 Hatchbacks 67 18th July 2009 09:17
spark or palio for 3.3 lakhs? Edit - Finalized Spark ritz830 Hatchbacks 37 13th December 2008 16:12
Finalized Swift: How useful are Rear Sensors? lambuhere1 Hatchbacks 3 12th July 2007 22:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks