Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2009, 14:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
If anyone here knows someone at Finolex, please find out if they need a freelance marketing consultant I would write kickass marketing copy for their cables- more so if they are in the mood to introduce a new sub-brand or as someone suggested, Finolex 'auto' cables.

I will be happy with 2% royalty on all sales of this new brand!
Was this discussion not of finolex 'auto' cable to kicker?
i am sure people were not thinking finolex 'home/general' cables.

By the way you are definitely doing a neat install.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Was this discussion not of finolex 'auto' cable to kicker?
i am sure people were not thinking finolex 'home/general' cables.

By the way you are definitely doing a neat install.
Lol no here we are talking about finolex home/general cables only . They dont make any auto cables as such .

And thanks for the comments though the pics you saw are of no more use as we have changed the setup to new car now

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
What all amps do you plan to put and what gauge finolex do you have ?

I have 7mts of 35mm and 4mts of 25mm L/T cables with me

And I plan to Power 1 MONO and 1 2 Channel amps with it .

Plan was to use distribution block . 35mm from battery to DB then after that we will be using 25mm one for ground and for powering amps .

Last edited by ankit_chd : 20th August 2009 at 14:42.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest to power the above amps with finolex for the time being. After that when you get the kicker replace it. And after that post a review of the same what difference you felt and then share it here.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:50   #64
BHPian

any difference btw Finolex and L/T ?
Old 20th August 2009, 15:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

But i am using finolex 2 guage auto cable for powering my amplifier. they do make many auto cables and due to its specification they are to be used not home cables. they are oem for many auto companies as well
Auto Cables

Last edited by gigy : 20th August 2009 at 15:04.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
But i am using finolex 2 guage auto cable for powering my amplifier. they do make many auto cables and due to its specification they are to be used not home cables. they are oem for many auto companies as well
Auto Cables
Gigy, from what they've written on the website, Finolex auto cables are meant for use as battery cables or ignition cables, as they are more robust and not affected by acid, water, heat etc. Since flexibility is a key feature of any cable meant for ICE installs, these cables are clearly not purposely designed for use with ICE. I think Flexible Cables might be a better fit for car use. But LBM/other installers can better suggest which Finolex sub-brand to use.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
any difference btw Finolex and L/T ?
Except color nothing !!! both are equal graded cables. If you want a premium brand you can use LAPP. They are made in Germany. I would be miles ahead in terms of quality even if you compare it to any audio brand. But it will be hard to find. Cost is approx twice of finolex / L&T / Havells.

Quote:
Gigy, from what they've written on the website, Finolex auto cables are meant for use as battery cables or ignition cables, as they are more robust and not affected by acid, water, heat etc. Since flexibility is a key feature of any cable meant for ICE installs, these cables are clearly not purposely designed for use with ICE. I think Flexible Cables might be a better fit for car use. But LBM/other installers can better suggest which Finolex sub-brand to use.
Difference between the finolex battery and the flexible cable is that the battery wire will have all the strands are parallel but the flexible one will have multi-strand construction which offers the flexibility.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 20th August 2009 at 17:03.
Old 20th August 2009, 21:04   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Sir, sorry if I missed this part, but can you please clarify for me are you commercially involved in car audio in any way? Sorry if you have mentioned it earlier
Well, I'm involved with cars and I am involved with audio. Also I'm commercially involved with them. But my commercial involvement is limited to buying the product from the seller.
Hence, I'm also commercially involved like the rest car and audio buyers in India . Wonder how the question comes up every now and then.

Last edited by bharti22shresth : 20th August 2009 at 21:09.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone here knows someone at Finolex, please find out if they need a freelance marketing consultant I would write kickass marketing copy for their cables- more so if they are in the mood to introduce a new sub-brand or as someone suggested, Finolex 'auto' cables.

I will be happy with 2% royalty on all sales of this new brand!
any benefits for the end users too Rishi ji?
Old 1st September 2009, 13:05   #70
BHPian

Mods close this thread please as I have changed the car . So all the setup has changed and I added new stuff too so .........

I will again start it by this weekend when we finally complete the setup in the new car .
Closed Thread