Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 16:26   #76
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It's a mind blowing job. Absolutely fabulous.
Thanks.

-----------

Prices for the carpc components

Intel D945GCLF2 4900
Corsair Value Select Ram 2GB 2100
500 GB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD 5900
Belkin F8T016 bluetooth dongle 800
Centrafuse 6000
160W DC-DC with Startup/shutdown controller 4800
Rcjoycon USB steering remote 1500
Globalsat Bluetooth Gps 5000
Honda Double Din Console 10000
Cables/wires/Distribution Box/fuse Holders 5000
OBD Serial to USB connector 5000
Logitech DiNovo mini 6500
LCD Screen 12000

I had brought the case with pc, OBD and LCD (from iride.in) in 2007 as a complete package; I have reused certain parts in this project.

Last edited by netarchie : 4th September 2009 at 16:27.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 16:36   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Thats quite a sum. 10k for the DD console ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 16:50   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post

Prices for the carpc components

Intel D945GCLF2 4900
Corsair Value Select Ram 2GB 2100
500 GB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD 5900
Belkin F8T016 bluetooth dongle 800
Centrafuse 6000
160W DC-DC with Startup/shutdown controller 4800
Rcjoycon USB steering remote 1500
Globalsat Bluetooth Gps 5000
Honda Double Din Console 10000
Cables/wires/Distribution Box/fuse Holders 5000
OBD Serial to USB connector 5000
Logitech DiNovo mini 6500
LCD Screen 12000

I had brought the case with pc, OBD and LCD (from iride.in) in 2007 as a complete package; I have reused certain parts in this project.
Total seems to be RS 69500, How much of this you reused and how much you had net cash out (sorry for asking this question, if you do not wish to answer it is okay).

did you spend any money for the harness, fixing, assembly, labour etc ?
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 16:52   #79
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats quite a sum. 10k for the DD console ?
I know ;-) My experience with the damage the dash took while fitting the lcd in my fusion made me do it .

With this DD console, I could fit my lcd screen without damaging the Dash/console as it was a straight fit (No sticking,cutting ect.) and removing it whenever I want!
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 17:03   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I know ;-) My experience with the damage the dash took while fitting the lcd in my fusion made me do it .

With this DD console, I could fit my lcd screen without damaging the Dash/console as it was a straight fit (No sticking,cutting ect.) and removing it whenever I want!
Did you get it from your local dealer or import it yourself ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 17:20   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Centrafuse 6000
Where did you get Centrafuse from? iride has started selling at Rs 3110!!
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 17:23   #82
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Total seems to be RS 69500, How much of this you reused and how much you had net cash out (sorry for asking this question, if you do not wish to answer it is okay).

did you spend any money for the harness, fixing, assembly, labour etc ?
I was dreading someone would total that !! just kidding.
The LCD/Obd/cables/Case was reused. I guess the net should be minus 20,000 odd thousand.
Sorry I do not have the exact figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Did you get it from your local dealer or import it yourself ?
The guy who helped me with the fitting sourced it for me. His story was that the going rate for console was 14,000/- (march 2009) and was not easily available. Only select few dealers could source it ect.ect. anyways I did not bother to check!!
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 21:46   #83
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Where did you get Centrafuse from? iride has started selling at Rs 3110!!
Ya, got mail from iride about that !! I got it directly from fluxmedia when they were selling at 50 % discount, around 125 $, I guess.
I might again have to pay more if upgrading to 3.0
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:28   #84
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Came across your thread only today, its a really neat installation and loved the OE looks. Real neat install.

I am also in first stage of carpc for my swift. Hope to finish it soon, and i am collecting ideas now . .

cheers
Sri
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:01   #85
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
The guy who helped me with the fitting sourced it for me. His story was that the going rate for console was 14,000/- (march 2009) and was not easily available. Only select few dealers could source it ect.ect. anyways I did not bother to check!!
Dealers = honda dealer or some other accessory dealer
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:47   #86
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Came across your thread only today, its a really neat installation and loved the OE looks. Real neat install.

I am also in first stage of carpc for my swift. Hope to finish it soon, and i am collecting ideas now . .

cheers
Sri
Thanks Sri, And all the best for your carpc install.
Nisarg has done a carpc in his swift, you may find many ideas and information there. Look at it if you have not already done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
Dealers = honda dealer or some other accessory dealer
Yes, right, dealers = honda dealer
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 14:19   #87
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 706
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Yes, right, dealers = honda dealer
dint you get your stock stereo exchanged with them or is it with you?
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 23:40   #88
BHPian
 
netarchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 397
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
dint you get your stock stereo exchanged with them or is it with you?
No, I have my stock stereo with me.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 11:44   #89
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 250
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Thanks.

-----------

Prices for the carpc components

Intel D945GCLF2 4900
Corsair Value Select Ram 2GB 2100
500 GB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD 5900
Belkin F8T016 bluetooth dongle 800
Centrafuse 6000
160W DC-DC with Startup/shutdown controller 4800
Rcjoycon USB steering remote 1500
Globalsat Bluetooth Gps 5000
Honda Double Din Console 10000
Cables/wires/Distribution Box/fuse Holders 5000
OBD Serial to USB connector 5000
Logitech DiNovo mini 6500
LCD Screen 12000

I had brought the case with pc, OBD and LCD (from iride.in) in 2007 as a complete package; I have reused certain parts in this project.
Worth every penny spent. Your install made me re-look at the city for second car. Initially I had sidestepped it as I really disliked the OE stereo that comes with it. Kinda tacky as compared to the rest of the machine. With this, it fits right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I was dreading someone would total that !! just kidding.
The LCD/Obd/cables/Case was reused. I guess the net should be minus 20,000 odd thousand.
Sorry I do not have the exact figure.

The guy who helped me with the fitting sourced it for me. His story was that the going rate for console was 14,000/- (march 2009) and was not easily available. Only select few dealers could source it ect.ect. anyways I did not bother to check!!
The central console is from Honda City MT E version, which they had launched without the ICE initially but now discontinued. The spares should be still available. Got this brochure from the dealer which had detail of the MT E interiors and this was there.

Das
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 11:53   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default

Thats an awesome setup netarchie. Very impressive indeed.

As for the PC, did you consider the Mac Mini setup? Its very compact and comes loaded with Mac OS. Also, it is pretty much powerful irrespective of its size and you can install windows 7 in it via bootcamp. But I dont know if it would have helped you in reducing the total cost of your setup.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The CarPC / Carputer Thread gigy In-Car Entertainment 851 21st January 2014 09:18
ANHC SMT or ANHC EMT with Caska HU alam86 Sedans 19 16th September 2013 15:59
ANHC and DIY CarPC monty9991 In-Car Entertainment 54 26th March 2010 20:36
My Baleno (I)ride - CarPC / Carputer install spadival In-Car Entertainment 40 21st March 2009 03:04
Honda Civic VTI - CarPC + PowerBass/JBL ICE stapi In-Car Entertainment 17 20th October 2008 10:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks