Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th July 2005, 17:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
<<<Sony XPlod CDX-F5510 (MP3/CD/AM/FM - No cassette player)
Infinity 6002i rear speakers
Sony 4" front speakers>>>>

Strykers system seems to be the one I wld recommend. Infinity is a JBL brand (sort of like our Lexus) but it depends on the kind of music you listen to.
Lets put it this way, if you like 50cent, JBL's your choice. If you like Dave Matthews, go for Infinity..
and if you like Peter Iilych Tchaikovsky locate a Contessa with 3 10" subs in a Transmission Line (The trunk was almost all used up with the TL)....wonder where that car went...sold it in 1996.

Sam, does Infinity still make car speakers with EMITs.

I'd recommend Styer's combo too. Although I'd see if the Baleno can take 5" in the front.

Since the rear speakers are usually for rear fill and in a deck they are very close to the rear passenger's ears I would reommend the Infinitys for the rear even if you prefer JBLs in the front. It might cut down on the "brilliance". 4 JBLs (front and rear) might sound too bright esp with the rear JBLs bouncing of the rear glass.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2005, 17:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

...and with the brighter speakers in the front the soundstage will also move to the front which is what most listerners prefer (concert hall effect).

Although many will tell you to use the same brand all around I beleive one must not be afraid to experiment. start with the HU. add front speakers. add rear speakers. optionaly add amp. then add active sub.

remember in a car there are a lot of odd surfaces (hard glass and soft seats) most speakers are not heard on axis (with components you are able to control this a bit better) and road noise masks the midbass to lower bass.

as a caeveat to my earlier post while it can be true the the high frequencies will bounce of teh rear glass also note that the rear tweeter is alomsot 90 deg of axis for the front listener. The tweeter is firing up towards the roof while the listener is in the front. this will mute the high frequencies coming for the rear.

Last edited by navin : 29th July 2005 at 17:17.
Old 30th July 2005, 10:19   #18
BHPian

A car is no place for a good audio listening session, is it?
And about the fitting issue, do Altos have the plug and play kind of arrangement. My head unit has a all the wires hanging. Do I need to get something else? I haven't really looked under the dash of my car.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 30th July 2005 at 10:25.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 19:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey

My setup on my Baleno is:

Pioneer 5750 Head unit CD/WMA/MP3 (no cassette)
Pioneer 6990 6"x9" 5-way rears (the best rears!)
Sony 4" fronts.

This should fit in your exchange budget pretty easily. If possible, try for components up front. Well worth the extra money.
Hi v1p3r - Its hard to type ur name
You seems to be the person who can solve my problem !

Anyways can you please tell me as to where all u have pioneer labels/stickers grooved on ur Pioneer 5750 HU? I am planning to buy the same but I am too skeptical abt Its Genuinity. Have you faced any problems soo far? please let me know as how much did the pioneer 6990 speakers cost you? and what kind of sound you get. and also of front speakers, for how much and what abt bass treble?
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2005, 19:33   #20
Team-BHP Support

pioneer apparently is available officially. follow this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...342#post113342
Old 31st August 2005, 13:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Sam, does Infinity still make car speakers with EMITs.
Absolutely. The Kappa 6X9s have EMIT. It's what I use in the Lancer

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st August 2005 at 13:54.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 14:42   #22
Team-BHP Support

only the 6x9? wondered if I they had 6" (for swift) with EMITs too? lovely drivers those EMITs but the EMIMs were even better
Old 19th October 2005, 13:28   #23
BHPian

I have the stock round rear speakers on my Vxi. If I decide to put in oval 6"x9", does it involve cutting the rear deck metal? How difficult is this job, and how do I ensure against rattles?
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 13:32   #24
Team-BHP Support

filcord is this a swift door? if so no you cannot put 6x9s in a swift door.
Old 19th October 2005, 14:21   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
I have the stock round rear speakers on my Vxi. If I decide to put in oval 6"x9", does it involve cutting the rear deck metal? How difficult is this job, and how do I ensure against rattles?
I am assuming this is a Baleno. Yes if you put a 6X9 you will have to cut the rear deck metal. Unless you have experience using metal shears and blowtorches, i would not recommend you do it yourself.

If a prefessional installer is doing it, you could ask for a new baffle board to be made out of MDF. I do not recommend mounting the speakers directly to the metal of the rear deck. Also some damping material can be used. (cheap option - a layer of Heatlon, correct option, a sheet of self adhesive dampening material)
Old 19th October 2005, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
I got 6*9 installed in my Baleno without cutting the board
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 14:29   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Vivek,

The baleno rear openings are for a 6" round speaker. I assume you put in a small spacer tray that allows you to mount a 6X9. Thats is also an easy option. In fact that is what I have done in my lancer... lol
Old 19th October 2005, 14:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Vivek,

The baleno rear openings are for a 6" round speaker. I assume you put in a small spacer tray that allows you to mount a 6X9. Thats is also an easy option. In fact that is what I have done in my lancer... lol
Ya I know Baleno has only 6" hole. As far as I know There is no additional tray installed but rubber mounts between metal and speaker.

If u say I can send the photograph.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th October 2005 at 14:40.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 14:41   #29
Team-BHP Support

You have to buy the adidtional 6x9 spacer tray. In fact if i were you i'd get one made so that the 6x9 fires a bit forward into the passenger cabin this means the spacer tray will have a tapered thickness. You can get a slight 5-10 degree advantage with this technique and it would help your HF response.
Old 19th October 2005, 14:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

please please send the photo. Only rubber mounts?? this I want to see.