Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th July 2005, 14:38   #1
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Car AMPS and Indian market

Hi All,

Has anyone got enough experience in getting amps thru ebay(US). I think the indian market is constrained to Sony, Pioneer etc. My friend has a bad experience of getting his car fixed with cheap quality "Sony" speakers.
I have found lot of good choices in ebay. But will anyone be here to help in fixing that on ur car? How to choose a car amp and its matching speaker/woofer combintaion.
I have seen some ads of imported audiobahn/kicker dealers in chennai. But the prices are too high when compared to ebay.
Can anyone suggest a decent mechanic/service shop where i can fix the imported stuff??
any alternative ideas welcome. Also how about "sumooku" subs?

kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2005, 20:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

read this forum. there are a few recent threads where speaker-HU/amp matching has been covererd.

The Indian market has Blaupunkt, Alpine, Kicker, SoundStream, Nakamichi, MTX, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I think we are alomsot spoilt for choice now.

Palesha Electronics makes the Soomoku. I like Mahendra Palesha. Nice guy. But the only sub I have heard so far was his 12" at an audio show in mumbai some time back. I was not impressed. In a car however the subs might be just the ticket esp if you like lots of bass. more here. http://www.palesha.com/carsubwoofer.htm
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2005, 14:05   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Not to mention.....

I think it's silly to buy any car electronics from anywhere other than here. Buy with a bill and warranty. If your amp gets buggered, what are you going to do then huh??
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote