Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd August 2009, 13:29   #1
BHPian

Smile How to give real horns to the BULL

Hi Gurus,

I own a Dzire VDI for which I installed a simple ICE for 20k. The following s the configuration

Alpine CDE 101 E HU - Usb - 9 k
Bull Audio Components 6 inch - 6.5 k
Bull Audio 6 X 9 coaxials - 4.5 k
Dash adapter - 1.5 k

Are these prices steep?

I liked the components infront. Its giving good mid bass and treble. But the 6X9 compos at the rear s bit flat and the vocals are not up to the mark. I did not want to go for a sub since i thought that the coaxials would give me a bit of bass like my pioneer speakers in wagon R.

I m not liking the rear speakers for its lack of performance. Also the components are not streaming the vocals well. Can a 4 channel amp improve the performance of the speakers or should i go for a sub woofer and amplifier. If so please suggest me an amplifier and sub / or better 6X9s at the rear. I d like the sound stage upfront.

My budget for the amp is around 10k

Also i was disappointed with the only one pre-out in the HU. I learnt it after i installed the HU. Will that affect the amp and the sub addition ?

I hear melodies, Rahman and remixes.
Kindly help me out
sandygordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Hi Gurus,

I own a Dzire VDI for which I installed a simple ICE for 20k. The following s the configuration

Alpine CDE 101 E HU - Usb - 9 k
Bull Audio Components 6 inch - 6.5 k
Bull Audio 6 X 9 coaxials - 4.5 k
Dash adapter - 1.5 k

Are these prices steep?

I liked the components infront. Its giving good mid bass and treble. But the 6X9 compos at the rear s bit flat and the vocals are not up to the mark. I did not want to go for a sub since i thought that the coaxials would give me a bit of bass like my pioneer speakers in wagon R.

I m not liking the rear speakers for its lack of performance. Also the components are not streaming the vocals well. Can a 4 channel amp improve the performance of the speakers or should i go for a sub woofer and amplifier. If so please suggest me an amplifier and sub / or better 6X9s at the rear. I d like the sound stage upfront.

My budget for the amp is around 10k

Also i was disappointed with the only one pre-out in the HU. I learnt it after i installed the HU. Will that affect the amp and the sub addition ?

I hear melodies, Rahman and remixes.
Kindly help me out

Well adding an amplifier will sure improve the performance. I would suggest your sell your current Alpine HU and buy a good HU and a an amplifier for 10K.

Blaupunkt MKII is available for around 5K and you can get a decent HU with 3 preouts if you sell your Alpine HU and add remaining 5K to it.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well adding an amplifier will sure improve the performance. I would suggest your sell your current Alpine HU and buy a good HU and a an amplifier for 10K.

Blaupunkt MKII is available for around 5K and you can get a decent HU with 3 preouts if you sell your Alpine HU and add remaining 5K to it.
Was wonedring why you said to change the HU
Didnt know that CDE 101 had only one pre out.

Add a 2 channel amp to existing setup ;or follow abhibhs's advise.

You can get RCA which can do the work but getting a HU with 2 pair pre-out is a better option.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd August 2009 at 15:52.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:42   #4
BHPian

Unhappy

Thank you very much....

I did not audition the HU properly. I was satisfied with the sub-woofer control on the hu..

iS there any remote possiblity by which i can put in a sub and amp with the same HU.. Also will i lose a large amount by selling the HU...?
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:07   #5
BHPian

How about adding a subwoofer amp at the single pre-out and running the four speakers with the HU ?

Can it give that thumping bass i am looking for ?

Or Can i use a 4 channel amp to power the rears and a sub and the front compos to be run by the HU ?
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sure, the sub could be run by an amp fed from the pre-out, but you have to be careful about tuning and knowing the limits of your system. Too much volume, and the main music will sound terrible but the bass will continue blasting well.

It is preferable to connect the fronts to a pair of channels on a 4-ch amp, and the subs to the bridged remaining pair. This way everything will work well till the rears reach distortion levels.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 18:40   #7
BHPian

Cool

HI gurus...

Thanks for the inputs....
Decided not to change the HU as i satisfied myself by adding a budget amp and got a sub for free...
One of my friends gave me a sony 1000w sub in a bass tube arrngment...I bought a 350 W sony 2chn amp for 2.75k...

Im satisfied with the performance as far as bass is concerned...
I heard a lot of reviews about the sony speakers being crap.. but for a tinny dzire boot i feel its adequate...and its not that crap...

I liked the sub controls on the alpine HU..

Waiting for the new Altis for ICIng it with a DVD HU and illusions.....and a good amp and sub...