Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2006, 23:23   #3481
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,740
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Power all when u can. You can add the sub later and bridge the amp for the sub.
No question of bridgin because the MRV450 is a 5 channel amplifier with one channel dedicated to drive a sub.

Cheap Deal, why idle 2 channels of the amp? Use it to power the 6x9s also till you get a sub. And rear fill doesnt mean rear speakers driven off the head unit. Even if you power them up, it's still rear fill.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2006, 23:32   #3482
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,596
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
No question of bridgin because the MRV450 is a 5 channel amplifier with one channel dedicated to drive a sub.

Cheap Deal, why idle 2 channels of the amp? Use it to power the 6x9s also till you get a sub. And rear fill doesnt mean rear speakers driven off the head unit. Even if you power them up, it's still rear fill.
oops! I thought he was gonna get that 4 channel one
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 01:40   #3483
BHPian
 
cheap_deal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: unknown
Posts: 463
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

yes the model numbers can be confusing.
MRP-F450 is the 4ch one. the MRV-F450 is the 5ch one and the
MRP-M450 is a mono amp.
has the production of the MRV-F450 stopped? as its not listed on alpine website and crutchfield dosent have it either. hardly any on ebay either. its going to be hard to find.

is it available in india, and for how much???
cheap_deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 18:33   #3484
BHPian
 
sidharth_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Its been a week since i had upgraded my ICE. Thought i'd continue with further questions here :-). Anways, here's the link to my previous thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ng-system.html (Which sub/amp to add to existing system?)

There's a small problem that i am having now with the system.
Very occasionally, the JBL GTO1000B sub seems to miss giving out bass....like its been switched off or something, it starts functioning as soon as i change the track, or switch off, and switch on the HU.

Have any of you guys faced this problem before?
Is it serious, or just a case of the wiring needing to be checked?
sidharth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 19:18   #3485
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,740
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
yes the model numbers can be confusing.
MRP-F450 is the 4ch one. the MRV-F450 is the 5ch one and the
MRP-M450 is a mono amp.
has the production of the MRV-F450 stopped? as its not listed on alpine website and crutchfield dosent have it either. hardly any on ebay either. its going to be hard to find.

is it available in india, and for how much???
I think there's a MRV F450 available in Bombay for about 20-21k. Not sure whether it's still around since I had last heard of it a week back. Could run a check if you're interested.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 19:20   #3486
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,740
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
There's a small problem that i am having now with the system.
Very occasionally, the JBL GTO1000B sub seems to miss giving out bass....like its been switched off or something, it starts functioning as soon as i change the track, or switch off, and switch on the HU.

Have any of you guys faced this problem before?
Is it serious, or just a case of the wiring needing to be checked?
Sounds like your subwoofer amp is running into protection for a few seconds. Could be because of overheating, an improper load, some loose connection. Take a good look at the wiring again, and the ventilation of the amp where it is mounted.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 19:25   #3487
BHPian
 
sidharth_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The amp is placed below the front passenger seat.

Not so sure abt the wiring though, cos the system ran perfectly well for the first week
sidharth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 19:40   #3488
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,740
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
The amp is placed below the front passenger seat.

Not so sure abt the wiring though, cos the system ran perfectly well for the first week
If the system ran perfectly for the first week, then there's something that has come loose or something. Have the wiring to the sub checked up, make sure nothing is loose causing sparking, a loose contact or shorting with some metal part of the sub.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 20:19   #3489
BHPian
 
sidharth_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

just have a question though;

The rear 6x9s are also connected to the amp. If the amp is going into protection mode; should not the 6x9s also stop functioning?

They run just fine, its just the sub that stops.
sidharth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 20:56   #3490
BHPian
 
cheap_deal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: unknown
Posts: 463
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@B&T, thanks i just wanted a rough estimate of the price for the 5ch amp. will be buying one from N.america itself.
cheap_deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 21:24   #3491
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,596
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
just have a question though;

The rear 6x9s are also connected to the amp. If the amp is going into protection mode; should not the 6x9s also stop functioning?

They run just fine, its just the sub that stops.
which amp? 4 channel?

you sure its also connected to teh amp; the 6x9 i mean

ok, u say its 554? its 504? I can check ur system on Tues or so .

Last edited by jkdas : 21st May 2006 at 21:25.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2006, 21:45   #3492
BHPian
 
sidharth_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 129
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Amp is Sony XM - 554ZR. 4 channel amplifier.
sidharth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:56   #3493
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,985
Thanked: 1,362 Times
Default

Siddharth,

In all probability, it is the wiring. Get it checked.Somethings come off. You are right, if the amp is overheating and going into protect, the 6X9's should go off too.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:57   #3494
BHPian
 
nishant_kingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 333
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Sam here is a query from one who doesn’t know the setup too well. What’s the role of each piece of equipment going into a good automotive audio system is unknown. As a request if someone supporting this thread which could be you or others explain to toddlers like me how the whole system works and what should be the deciding factor when deciding a system for a car, I and others of my caliber will have some more bulbs switched on. Pardon me if I failed to locate the same in the 233 odd pages this thread has till date.

My primary support need is to request suggestions for a good audio system for the Fiat Adventure. Till date I have always had basic systems like Kenwood and Sony explode fit at a dealership or accessories store. I have not had any woofers or amps on my cars till date however I am not averse to having them. I am keeping an upper cut of Rs. 20,000 which too is a little over. My view is that a good car should have a good system to it.

Thanks in advance
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:09   #3495
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,596
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
Hi Sam here is a query from one who doesn’t know the setup too well. What’s the role of each piece of equipment going into a good automotive audio system is unknown. As a request if someone supporting this thread which could be you or others explain to toddlers like me how the whole system works and what should be the deciding factor when deciding a system for a car, I and others of my caliber will have some more bulbs switched on. Pardon me if I failed to locate the same in the 233 odd pages this thread has till date.

My primary support need is to request suggestions for a good audio system for the Fiat Adventure. Till date I have always had basic systems like Kenwood and Sony explode fit at a dealership or accessories store. I have not had any woofers or amps on my cars till date however I am not averse to having them. I am keeping an upper cut of Rs. 20,000 which too is a little over. My view is that a good car should have a good system to it.

Thanks in advance
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...car-audio.html (Newbie guide for Car audio) ther!

when u gonna ICE your Adventure
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks