Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st June 2006, 14:12   #3556
kdb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I found this device to connect PocketPC or iPOD to my stereo
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Wymcp0q...900&I=158XA300

But at $100, Add a few more thousands i can buy a new HU with front Aux-In or the worst, I keep buring my Podcasts on CD and play them in my current HU.

Is there a cheap and better solution?
Hi Satish..

check this out .. this a FM transmitter for ipod .. its easy to be plugged into the lighter dock of the car and u can set the FM bandwidth on which u want hear it from ur stereo.. and is cheap too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics
kdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 14:48   #3557
BHPian

Thanks Navinji

Deepu
deepug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 17:17   #3558
BHPian

Hey Navin, could u please let me know your number, here or by PM ?
I need to clear a couple of doubts.

Thanks
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 17:24   #3559
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, Navin can give you his number if he wants to, I wont speak for him. But I'd like to say, that if you clear your doubts on this forum, others will benefit too. Thats what we're all here for.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 22:07   #3560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
I will advice u top go slowely and build ur ICE in 6-12 months with this budget.
Option1-If wants to have ICE with subw and amp -

Pio HU 7k
front compo and rear coax 5-6k
sony 504 amp <5k w/o b/w
pio subw with custom made box 3k
wiring+install 1k.

Option2-If want to add subw+amp later -

Pio HU with 3 pairs of oreoutputs-9k
Front compo 6-7k blau/JBL/Hertz/alpine
Rear coax 3-4k
spk wire+install 500
5-6k is too low for compos + rear fills

and 3k for sub and box?

Since he is having an adventure, I suggest that he get a sub (box or tube). Big cabin na, so sub would be nice. By the way, whats the default size of frnt pods for adventure and for rear?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 22:15   #3561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker

Dapic which I assume is a local delhi make cable also there is some number 2 and 3 on the rca might be some indication of the front & rear channel and the power wire is the normal house-hold wire gauge can be 12 (or 4mmsq) or even could have came with the amp itself. The speaker wire he has used are the wires which comes with the speaker itself so as I presumme white to be the left channel and the grey to be right channel, Rest kp could shed a little more light to the matter.............
Please check taht with him. I had asked him to use the wires taht came with teh speakers rather than what the car comes with.

If you check the phto right; you can see taht teh gain for front is set to 0.3V and 6V for rear! WHat happens here is that teh amps not driven to its full capacity and that since front is set to a low voltage, it will be more sensitive to volume change. Did you find problem when palying at full vol or even at 3/4th?

Set gains by playing teh frnt only or rear only not both at a time. Simplest way I guess to set teh gain. And do it when you are done with exams!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 23:22   #3562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
Hey audio gurus. Any sugestions on the bove would be great help. Waiting...
20K hmmm...can we strech it....

HU: 8K (Blaupunkt, Sony, Pio).
Front speakers: 3.5K (coax) JBL 537/637 or Alpine SPS
Rear Speakers: 3.5k (coax) ditto
Sub and amp: 6.5K (pio 306C sub in box + sony 502 2ch amp)
install and wires: 2.5K
----------------------
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 23:25   #3563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
Hi Satish..

check this out .. this a FM transmitter for ipod .. its easy to be plugged into the lighter dock of the car and u can set the FM bandwidth on which u want hear it from ur stereo.. and is cheap too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics
using FM mudulators have their sonic limitations. see
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...highlight=ipod
Old 1st June 2006, 23:33   #3564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
Hey Navin, could u please let me know your number, here or by PM ? I need to clear a couple of doubts.
Like Sam said, any reason these are not fit for public consumption. besides on this forum you can have many gurus post their opinions too.
Old 2nd June 2006, 14:57   #3565
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
Hi Guyz

I have recently changed my ICE.
But i m not satisfied with the sound quality.
I think may be the wiring is not done properly.
Wud be great if someone cud help me out.

The ICE Setup for my Santro

HU - Pioneer 6850
Front - Pioneer Tweeter with Pioneer Front Speaker
Rear - JBL T595 Limited - 15 x 24cm (6"x9") 3-Way Multi-Element connected thru Sony Xplod 504 Amp
Rear - JBL 1000Watts Base Tube connected thru another Sony Xplod 504 Amp

Also soon planning to add JBL Front Components but dont knw how to fit them in Santro.

It wud be gr8 if Audio Guru's here will help me abt the wiring.
The main problem is the JBL T595 Speaker has HP and LP connectors on it, but my audio installer said u dont need 2 connect to both connectors, so he connected only 1.

Also if someone could let me knw a good place in Mumbai where i can go for wiring and solve the problem easily and enjoy a good sound from my ICE

Thanx
Waiting for Comments
Please will someone help me out with the problem.
Still Waiting...
rareone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 15:54   #3566
Team-BHP Support

rareone...

I assume that the T595 is a 6x9 3 way speaker. The HP/LP connectors are Bi-amplification connections to drive low and high frequency drive independently if you are using a 4 ch amp with active crossovers to drive this speaker. There would be a bridge to bridge these 2 sections.

You can drive this speaker using 2 ch. of the Sony 504 and use the other 2 ch. of the 504 to drive the front speakers. In this case this bridge would be connected between the HP and LP sections and the amplifer can be connected to either the HP or LP sections since both (HP and LP) are in parallel.

Now what part of the sound are you not happy about?
Old 6th June 2006, 02:21   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Well, Navin can give you his number if he wants to, I wont speak for him. But I'd like to say, that if you clear your doubts on this forum, others will benefit too. Thats what we're all here for.
If u insist, I'll ask the questions here itself . . .
It's just that I was a little too bored to type the entire scenario here and thought that it would be much simpler speaking on the phone.
Besides, the query that I have is very specific and I doubt if anyone else would benefit from it.
Here goes.

About a month back, just a couple of days before my Murud trip, I had to install my ICE in an emergency.
I had already decided on the pio hu 6750.
But at that time, in Navi Mumbai, I did not get good options for speakers at reasonable rates and on the advice of a friend installed one pair of boschmann speakers in the front doors of my swift.
Thinking that after I come back I'll select better speakers for my front and shift these boschmanns to the rear doors.
Given below are the details of these speakers
http://www.trademe.co.nz/members/000...n-54742500.htm
http://www.etechnology.co.nz/boschma...xidp96517.html
I got them as the were quite cheap at 1400 a pair and came with a warranty.

During the trip I found them sounding much better than expected.
I do not have much knowledge about the finer details about accoustics but am used to hearing music off good systems.
I have a yamaha dolby pro-logic home theatre with Mirage speakers.

Subsequently I started debating with myself whether it made sense to spend much more on slightly better speakers ?
Around this time Sam posted the thread on JBL discounts and I picked up a pair of 636 for about 40% less, as those were the only ones remaining.

Now for the questions . .
- Should I put the 636 in front and move the boschmanns behind ?
- or put the 636 in the rear and leave the boschmanns in front ?
- Is the 6750 an original model ? as it is not listed on this page of car product manuals !
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...6_4277,00.html

All the same it would be nice to have the phone # of the audio gurus like navin and sam.
Somethings are better explained on phone and discussed more effectively by a dialogue
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 09:41   #3568
Team-BHP Support

thanks for the feedback on the boshmanns. there was atleast one other thread discussing these speakers and while i have not heard them (or even of them) they might turn out to be the steal of the season.

that said...

1. use the better speakers in the front. I would assume the 636 would sound better than the Boshmanns
2. the 6750 might be an older model but one fo teh Pioneer experts would be better positioned to help you.
3. I am not a guru and I have a day job (as an engineer) and a night job (as a baby sitter) so I guard my privacy jealously. So jealously that even Sam (who lives virtually next door to me) has only met me once (afteer many trials and tribulations). I am willing to answer anything you need via PM but would much prefer the forum as I hope many others can benefit from our discussions.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:15   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Hi,

I have heard of many people complaining about Sony head units, skipping , not reading CD etc. Is this a one of case or a true problem??

Many dealers in chennai have stopped dealing with sony to frequent problems. Can you shed some light on this? I am stuck with a buying decision problem here.

Please help.

Ajo
Please people put some feed back on this ...................as I have never used a sony HU myself...............
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 23:23   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Please people put some feed back on this ...................as I have never used a sony HU myself...............
Any feedback somebody?? My buying decision remains largely on your advise...
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote