Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 11:26   #3886
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
How would you guys rate audiobahn.
Lets ask Tool... or Panky... both are former Audioshyte users...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 11:27   #3887
BHPian
 
delu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
You could have used a spare wheel install with the RF sub. Viper uses it and with some damping ti can make for decent bass with little loss of the rear space.
Any special reason Navin for the spare wheel install or just to save some boot space. Is the sealed box install of the RF sub going to give me more punch than the spare wheel install; what do you think?
delu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 11:29   #3888
BHPian
 
delu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yes, bad websites bug me too. Incidentally I've never perceived the Hertz website as a bad design. And folks generally like it. However, you must be seeing something we dont. Do PM me your comments, I will pass them on to the guys in Italy.
gunbir; i'll send you my feedback regarding the website just PM me your email id.
delu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 13:55   #3889
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,825
Thanked: 3,414 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
Any special reason Navin for the spare wheel install or just to save some boot space. Is the sealed box install of the RF sub going to give me more punch than the spare wheel install; what do you think?
A spare wheel sub might not be sealed but if well damped can sound pretty good. Yes the real advnatage is saving boot space the disadvantage is that it cannot be removed without exposing your spare wheel and if you ever need your spare wheel be prepared to lift a rather heavy board. So heavy that is a car like the Skoda it is darn near impossible for small people like me.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 15:23   #3890
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Lets ask Tool... or Panky... both are former Audioshyte users...
ok got it. more abt this sometime next week
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 20:21   #3891
BHPian
 
delu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
A spare wheel sub might not be sealed but if well damped can sound pretty good. Yes the real advnatage is saving boot space the disadvantage is that it cannot be removed without exposing your spare wheel and if you ever need your spare wheel be prepared to lift a rather heavy board. So heavy that is a car like the Skoda it is darn near impossible for small people like me.
ha ha ha ha..... ..... navin you want me to join body-building just to remove the sub....
delu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 22:51   #3892
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
ha ha ha ha..... ..... navin you want me to join body-building just to remove the sub....
it wont ne that heavy. some 10kgs or so was what i think it would be
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 23:05   #3893
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,825
Thanked: 3,414 Times
Default

I lifted Viper's board and it was plenty heavy for me under the conditions that I would lifitng the spare with the other hand and looking for a the jack etc...

My Octy's board would be about 20kgs.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 05:14   #3894
BHPian
 
delu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: 4 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I lifted Viper's board and it was plenty heavy for me under the conditions that I would lifitng the spare with the other hand and looking for a the jack etc...

My Octy's board would be about 20kgs.
navin, as we can see jk in his avatar and i believe he is quiet nicely built (!!!!!!!!!!); why don't you ask him to lift the board of your octy whenever you feel there is a need and then we will enjoy the whole story from you.....................

BTW; where is our long haired funny guy????

Last edited by delu : 7th July 2006 at 05:23.
delu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 05:53   #3895
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

hehe, so I should keep that avatar. NOw, where's teh long funny haired guy?

SWWS thingy will help you retain boot space. And you are not gonna lift the thing daily. Hope you saw the installation pix of the same.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 09:56   #3896
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,825
Thanked: 3,414 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
hehe, so I should keep that avatar. NOw, where's teh long funny haired guy?

SWWS thingy will help you retain boot space. And you are not gonna lift the thing daily. Hope you saw the installation pix of the same.
I have had the poor misfortune of being chauffered most days and on the 3 occasions I had a flat I was NOT being chauffered and on 2 of these occasions it was raining.

BTW The flat was not in the same car. One was in a Zen near Mela at Worli, one was in my Contessa near Nanavati at Ville Parle (both in rains) and the last was in my Astra on a dry day at Mahim near Bombay Scottish School.

After that i make sure that my spare is easily available.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 10:41   #3897
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have had the poor misfortune of being chauffered most days and on the 3 occasions I had a flat I was NOT being chauffered and on 2 of these occasions it was raining.

BTW The flat was not in the same car. One was in a Zen near Mela at Worli, one was in my Contessa near Nanavati at Ville Parle (both in rains) and the last was in my Astra on a dry day at Mahim near Bombay Scottish School.

After that i make sure that my spare is easily available.
Wow! the great old man sure does carry his own gym around! come rain or whatever!

And, on a second thought, teh SWWS should weigh 10kg + as we ahev that 1inch thick mdf, a 12inch sub, damping and an amp on top!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 13:29   #3898
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,985
Thanked: 1,362 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delu
BTW; where is our long haired funny guy????

Yeah! Who's this long haired funny guy?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 13:45   #3899
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,023
Thanked: 145 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Yeah! Who's this long haired funny guy?
I think they are talking about this chap Sam

iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 01:05   #3900
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

People was search the net for the reviews about different company who manufacture car speakers. I found out about the dls the scan speak the ID and many other , but not about hertz is there any site where can I find out more info about the hertz products , from my personal experince it is a europian product and is not popular in the us,but any way if any site please post the link of the same as it will be helpful to me and other on this forum....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks