Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 13:37   #7441
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14,855
Thanked: 2,393 Times
Default

Ok this can be done easily, I will try it out & report it over the weekend :-)
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 14:46   #7442
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I would suggest you get a good HU and 4 good speakers. If you feel that you need more volume you can add an amp.

Since you wont have a sub I would consdier 6x9s in the rear deck so you get some bass.
Thanks for the advice Navin, I saw a HU in on of my friends Optra that had an in-built screen. It was a DVD player. Do you have any Idea how much that would cost and does it require anything special to be done ?
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 15:51   #7443
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default

Most DVD HUs are about 12K+. I suggest a good audio HU likethe Pio 7950 and 4 god speakers from Illusion, Hertz, JBL, etc...
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 01:21   #7444
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,984
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

I was quoted a JVC HU for 9900 grey.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 02:18   #7445
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 885
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

My Pioneer 9650 has lost it's display in the main screen (fixed one). The warranty is over, do I have to get this repaired now?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 09:24   #7446
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Most DVD HUs are about 12K+. I suggest a good audio HU likethe Pio 7950 and 4 god speakers from Illusion, Hertz, JBL, etc...
That should not be an issue, I can go for the DVD HU with 4 speakers, unless there is something seriously wrong with it ?
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 10:02   #7447
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
That should not be an issue, I can go for the DVD HU with 4 speakers, unless there is something seriously wrong with it ?
nothing except you are paying for DVD when you might never use that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
My Pioneer 9650 has lost it's display in the main screen (fixed one). The warranty is over, do I have to get this repaired now?
yes, if the warranty has expired you mgith be charged for the repairs. talk to the person who sold and installed this HU. If they have a good relationship with the company you might get lucky.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 10:21   #7448
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
nothing except you are paying for DVD when you might never use that feature.
why do you say so ? and by the way what does an USB HU mean ? Can i connect my MP3 player (Creative Zen Plus) to it ?
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 20:13   #7449
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Default Help Needed On Multifunctional Ice Set-up

Hi !!! Everybody
I have been searching around the web & T-BHP forum for a few weeks on car audio /ICE setups etc. Of course, I did get a fairly good idea about it. However, Iím still confused on the right system, due to my typical requirements as following.
Hope, some of you would please help me.


My requirements:
1. As a Creative Consultant to Music Companies my job involves listening to different genres / kinds of music (From old Indian Classicals / Soft Ghazals through Several forms of Instrumentals to Fusions & World Music etc. etc.) on different formats (Old Cassettes to ACD, MP3, WMA, IPOD etc.etc.) NO VIDEOS at all.

2. I understand, for my requirements, I need a Cassette as well as a CD Receiver. But to combine both they come in Double Din, which wonít fit in the Single Din space of my new Indica TC DLG. Is there a Single Din Cassette & CD Receiver somewhere?

3. The other options are:- (a) Install a good Cassette Receiver and through its Rear Audio Pre-Outs / Aux In, connect my portable CD player to it. (b) Install a CD Receiver and through its Rear Audio Pre-Outs / Aux In, connect a Walkman Cassette Player.
The Gurus may please tell me which would be better & feasible in the long run with sound quality.

4. I would need excellent build quality audio setup (great sounding) within a budget of Rs.10-15 K's.


5. Not looking for amps or subs but just a good HU with max power, Compatible front and rear speakers with immense clarity. I may add on a pair on the front doors.

6. My preferred brands are :- ALPINE, PIO, KENWOOD, JBL. Is it advisable to install components of same company as HU or get mixed compatible ones?

7. All options needed with B&W. No grey market stuff. Since I'm on a budget we would go for the low end ones only.


Finally please let me know of any reputed dealers / professional in North Mumbai, preferably with phone nos, price & models, where I can get the job done..

A PM on T-BHP or viraajdev@hotmail.com would be highly appreciated.
Lots of Thanks well in advance.

[FONT=&quot]Viraaj Dev[/FONT]
Viraaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 21:58   #7450
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraaj View Post
2. Is there a Single Din Cassette & CD Receiver somewhere?
3. The other options are:-
4. I would need excellent build quality audio setup (great sounding) within a budget of Rs.10-15 K's.

6. My preferred brands are :- ALPINE, PIO, KENWOOD, JBL. Is it advisable to install components of same company as HU or get mixed compatible ones?

7. All options needed with B&W. No grey market stuff. Since I'm on a budget we would go for the low end ones only.
the only ones I have seen is by Sanyo. It is discontinued I think they were was called the FXCD 550 and 1350. In the US a local company called Pyle used to make some models but they were troublesome.

The option I would get is a Cassette player with a CD changer. If you cant get a good cassette player today the other option is to use the Aux in of a CD player and connect a walkman. However the output from the headphone of a walkman wont be that great. I have seen walkmans with line out but I dont think there are available to day.

BTW JBL does not make HUs.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 01:09   #7451
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraaj View Post
Hi !!! Everybody
I have been searching around the web & T-BHP forum for a few weeks on car audio /ICE setups etc. Of course, I did get a fairly good idea about it. However, Iím still confused on the right system, due to my typical requirements as following.
Hope, some of you would please help me.


My requirements:
1. As a Creative Consultant to Music Companies my job involves listening to different genres / kinds of music (From old Indian Classicals / Soft Ghazals through Several forms of Instrumentals to Fusions & World Music etc. etc.) on different formats (Old Cassettes to ACD, MP3, WMA, IPOD etc.etc.) NO VIDEOS at all.

2. I understand, for my requirements, I need a Cassette as well as a CD Receiver. But to combine both they come in Double Din, which wonít fit in the Single Din space of my new Indica TC DLG. Is there a Single Din Cassette & CD Receiver somewhere?

3. The other options are:- (a) Install a good Cassette Receiver and through its Rear Audio Pre-Outs / Aux In, connect my portable CD player to it. (b) Install a CD Receiver and through its Rear Audio Pre-Outs / Aux In, connect a Walkman Cassette Player.
The Gurus may please tell me which would be better & feasible in the long run with sound quality.

4. I would need excellent build quality audio setup (great sounding) within a budget of Rs.10-15 K's.


5. Not looking for amps or subs but just a good HU with max power, Compatible front and rear speakers with immense clarity. I may add on a pair on the front doors.

6. My preferred brands are :- ALPINE, PIO, KENWOOD, JBL. Is it advisable to install components of same company as HU or get mixed compatible ones?

7. All options needed with B&W. No grey market stuff. Since I'm on a budget we would go for the low end ones only.


Finally please let me know of any reputed dealers / professional in North Mumbai, preferably with phone nos, price & models, where I can get the job done..

A PM on T-BHP or viraajdev@hotmail.com would be highly appreciated.
Lots of Thanks well in advance.

[FONT=&quot]Viraaj Dev[/FONT]

do you drive? are you driven? which seats would you use for listening? or both?

why the hang up against amps? aren't you looking for utmost clarity?

alpine has head units which can take aux in adapters meant for portable discmans/dvd drives, but alpines are expensive unless you want to go the way blind men do and end up with a 12 grand HU and 3k ka speakers.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 01:29   #7452
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
why do you say so ? and by the way what does an USB HU mean ? Can i connect my MP3 player (Creative Zen Plus) to it ?
USB outputs from the HU have limits of the ammount of RAM they can address and the ammout of current (usually less than 0.5A) they can deliver meaning that most hard disk based players might not work.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 12:56   #7453
BHPian
 
Dhar's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: QLN/TRV/DXB
Posts: 343
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Is it possible to drive Infinity Kappa 42.7i (2 Ohm) speaker by Pioneer 5750MP HU? Will that harm the HU?
Dhar's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 15:35   #7454
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Is it possible to drive Infinity Kappa 42.7i (2 Ohm) speaker by Pioneer 5750MP HU? Will that harm the HU?
it is ok.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 17:18   #7455
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,672
Thanked: 515 Times
Default Help - Settings On The 8401

I have the following set up in my Versa:

1.HU - JVC KWXC404
2.Amp - Kenwood 8401
2.Fronts - Pio 4"(driven by HU)
3.Rear - Pio TS2150 plus TS20(driven by channelB of amp)
4.Sub - Philips ASW1000(10" driven by ChannelA)

The sub is installed in a MDF box so that it can be put under the center seat.

When the unit was installed,both ChA and B filters were off - loud music even at HU volume as low as 05.

I have now set the amp as follows:

1.ChA - LPF on at 150Hz - Mono mode
2.ChB - HPF on at 150 Hz - Stereo mode - Bass Boost off

Input sesitivities on both channels are at max(0.2)

With these settings ,I have noticed that I need to up the volume to say 08 and have noticed that the rear speakers are not delivering any punch,

My queries/requests :
1.Is 150Hz the right frequency to set the LPF and HPF or do I lower it further?
2.Any recommendations to tune the amp better?
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks