Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 14:12   #8176
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,742
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Sorry to read this. Can the defective speaker be repaired to its original condition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
That is really wonderful! I have tried getting speakers repaired, through specialist shops in Kolkata, but the results were never really satisfactory.
Most cannot be repaired without the proper parts and fixtures. Local repair shops will just use alternate parts which can never restore the speaker's original performance. Depends on the problem however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Well B&T worked out a nice arrangement for me. He's an angel ! His A.S.S. is excellent to say the least
My company's A.S.S. but thank you anyway! cheers:
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:24   #8177
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Well B&T worked out a nice arrangement for me. He's an angel ! His A.S.S. is excellent to say the least
Quite suggestive indeed.

I have met B&T only once. For an audition. However, the mention of his A.S.S. did not come up during our interaction.

Maybe I was too engrossed in music. Or maybe because we were both seated in the car.

Or maybe I did not have the required inclination.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:39   #8178
BHPian
 
nura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 585
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

If one installs a 3-way component system with 8" midbass, 3" dome midrange & 1" tweeter, would a subwoofer become unnecessary? Also, would it be extremely difficult/ impossible to fit the 8" driver into the front door of the car?
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:47   #8179
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,742
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Quite suggestive indeed. I have met B&T only once. For an audition. However, the mention of his A.S.S. did not come up during .
.
.
music. Or maybe because we were both seated in the car. Or maybe I did not have the required inclination.
Haha, good one. It might interest you to know that Shuvo-da and me have never met at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura
If one installs a 3-way component system with 8" midbass, 3" dome midrange & 1" tweeter, would a subwoofer become unnecessary? Also, would it be extremely difficult/ impossible to fit the 8" driver into the front door of the car?
Depends on too many things. The largest driver in some 3-way systems, especially those that come with a 10"/ 8" will play sub-bass frequencies. Now even if you have a 8" of that sort, it is still a bit wishful to expect it to manage it while sitting in the door. Regular 8s are deep. Wont fit in the doors of most cars without causing problems.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:05   #8180
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default



B&T's A.S.S. is the best ive seen .

Honestly, i wouldnt hesitate to buy anything from Hermit audio. Excellent Service.

EDIT : There was a thread sometime back about how illusion audio speakers are indian made. Well, they may be but the service is better than most MNCs in the market (not only in ICE). Ive had nasty experiences with many brands when it came to warranty replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Most cannot be repaired without the proper parts and fixtures. Local repair shops will just use alternate parts which can never restore the speaker's original performance. Depends on the problem however.



My company's A.S.S. but thank you anyway! cheers:

Last edited by adityamunshi : 5th June 2008 at 15:08.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:15   #8181
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,780
Thanked: 1,210 Times
Default

I believe illusion is from peerless, an internationally reputed Indian brand. They should be as good as , if not better than what we get at the same price point , since (I think) we dont have to pay extra for duty and excise and things like that ! maybe B&T can confirm that

Last edited by greenhorn : 5th June 2008 at 15:17.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:40   #8182
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Illusion subs?

@B&T - are there any Illusion Electra subs in the offering? I remember having read about 10 and 12 inch subs in the Electra (~affordable range) series, but there is no mention of them on the website.

OT - Why doesnt the website of Hermit Audio work well with Mozilla Firefox?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:42   #8183
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 23
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Hello Gurus,

In addition to my previous post I have been suggested:

Subwoofer: Ground Zero GZTW 12MK2
Amplifier: Ground Zero GZTA 4.120MK2

Want to know the comparison b/w JBL 75.4 Amp and Ground Zero GZTA 4.120MK2.

Which will be the better stuff.

I am also planning to install Illusion Elctra components in the front.

please suggest

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th June 2008 at 15:49. Reason: Removed Font & Size Tags
W@nnaR@ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:44   #8184
BHPian
 
shrivz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pune, MH12
Posts: 603
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
OT - Why doesnt the website of Hermit Audio work well with Mozilla Firefox?

The site's working perfectly with firefox at my end. What is the problem you are facing?
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:48   #8185
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Ya, B&T, even im waiting for that Electra sub. Any updates on it yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
@B&T - are there any Illusion Electra subs in the offering? I remember having read about 10 and 12 inch subs in the Electra (~affordable range) series, but there is no mention of them on the website.

OT - Why doesnt the website of Hermit Audio work well with Mozilla Firefox?
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:53   #8186
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Ya, B&T, even im waiting for that Electra sub. Any updates on it yet ?
Heck, I've been promised one for over 8 months now! This is becoming like the Fabia of subwoofers!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:11   #8187
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Heck, I've been promised one for over 8 months now! This is becoming like the Fabia of subwoofers!
Soon it will become like MINI . I often bug him for the same but always same excuse. It will take time.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:35   #8188
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,372
Thanked: 3,786 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
He's an angel ! His A.S.S. is excellent to say the least
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I believe illusion is from peerless
It is not nice to discuss a Peerless Angel's A.S.S on a public forum even if the A.S.S is not an illusion.

What will our mothers think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
If one installs a 3-way component system with 8" midbass, 3" dome midrange & 1" tweeter, would a subwoofer become unnecessary? Also, would it be extremely difficult/ impossible to fit the 8" driver into the front door of the car?
Some larger cars have provisions for 3 way components in the front doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Regular 8s are deep. Wont fit in the doors of most cars without causing problems.
But an 8" with a NdFeB magnet mounted in front of the cone will fit.

Still one would need a sub for the last octave (25-50Hz) because
1. The door volume is not adequate to support a woofer to much below 40-45Hz.
2. Many woofers of 8" component sets are not designed to reproduce that last octave.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:38   #8189
BHPian
 
anshu_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Hello Gurus,

In addition to my previous post I have been suggested:

Subwoofer: Ground Zero GZTW 12MK2
Amplifier: Ground Zero GZTA 4.120MK2

Want to know the comparison b/w JBL 75.4 Amp and Ground Zero GZTA 4.120MK2.

Which will be the better stuff.

I am also planning to install Illusion Elctra components in the front.

please suggest
Well I have the sub in my car. Its a good one. Regarding the amp, can't say much, I was going in for the same one till i got my hands on the 75.4. The ground zero amp will give around 75w rms per channel @ 4ohms and around 210w rms bridged. The 75.4 gives around 104w rms per channel and 284w rms bridged @ 4 ohms. you can also try out the gto1004. It specs are the same as the 75.4, and would also cost you around the range of the ground zero amp.
Illusion Electra's are very good, you would not go wrong with them.
anshu_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:52   #8190
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Sorry its an off topic.
Which type of crossovers are better 1st order butterworth or third order? and L pad need to be added?
I need to decide on that for my JBL 506c components.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks