Old 6th March 2010, 00:46   #10021
BHPian

Hi
I own a
1. PIONEER DEH 4850MPH Head Unit
2. Circular (small ones) Pioneer speakers in front doors
3. Oval (bigger ones) Pioneer speakers on rear parcel tray

Can anybody list me the Audio settings for the following type of sound-
I listen to many of MJ's hits and classical rock. Hip-hop and good bassy songs too. I need powerful settings for Audio although I know the speakers would be strained but I will keep the volumes under control.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 18:53   #10022
BHPian

Guys,
Quick question.

Which one is better between a 6X9 or 5.25 component?
The 6X9 is DLS 960 classic and 5.25" is Boston.

I have the 6X9 in my Getz rear deck. I also have a spare 5.25" component. I wanted to remove the rear plank so that I can make some extra space in the trunk. It is then I thought of removing the 6X9 and placing the 5.25 in the rear doors.

The 6X9 is powered by Solid 4 and so will be the replacing 5.25.

The DLS seems to be a bit bright and I have turned the gains down for this set of speakers.
Given that the 5.25 on the rear doors will be closer to my ears (driver position) than the 6X9 on the rear deck will I feel more brightness?

Also what would be the best position for the tweeters for the rear components?.

If some one has already done a similar exercise, I wanted to hear their opinions.

Thank you.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 6th March 2010 at 18:58.
drvhplyevraftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 18:58   #10023
Senior - BHPian

absolutely no way this can be done without listening to your setup
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 10:01   #10024
BHPian

Simple Query to Sam or other JBL Dealers

Where and whom can i rely on to get my Infinity Mono repaired (maybe even diagnosed if its reparable) ? .. in Bangalore or Hyderabad .
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:13   #10025
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a problem . The remote of my 2 month old Pioneer DEH 3150 head unit is not working. Is it a battery problem? I bought the head unit without bill and warranty. Can I get it replaced if it is some other problem?

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 14:37   #10026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Hello All,

I have a problem . The remote of my 2 month old Pioneer DEH 3150 head unit is not working. Is it a battery problem? I bought the head unit without bill and warranty. Can I get it replaced if it is some other problem?

Thanks,
Jose.
the remote can't stop working so fast - best way is to have the battery replaced and check

If it still does not work,getting a replacement depends on the rapport you have with the seller.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 02:28   #10027
BHPian

I have used the pioneer 7950UB in my Accent, I was really really satisfied with sound that it produced.

I liked the interface and I thoroughly enjoyed using that single din player.

I would like to know as to how would this pioneer compare with the JVC AVX-826 in terms me sound quality alone??

Last edited by maglev : 8th March 2010 at 02:33.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 08:17   #10028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Simple Query to Sam or other JBL Dealers

Where and whom can i rely on to get my Infinity Mono repaired (maybe even diagnosed if its reparable) ? .. in Bangalore or Hyderabad .
You could contact Gautam at Chequered Flag (ministers road).
He might be able to redirect you to some one. I remember the JBL dealer for Hyderabad used to be in his shop almost every day around 5 - 6 pm but now he has switched to polk. Either way you should be able to get some pointers.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:48   #10029
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Which one is better between a 6X9 or 5.25 component?
The 6X9 is DLS 960 classic and 5.25" is Boston.
The 6X9 is powered by Solid 4 and so will be the replacing 5.25.

Given that the 5.25 on the rear doors will be closer to my ears (driver position) than the 6X9 on the rear deck will I feel more brightness?
A 5" wont produce as much bass as a 6x9. Even though the 5" are on the rear doors the tweeeters are very much OFF axis so I would not worry so much about the HF. However if you do not have a sub you will notice the absnece of bass from the 6x9s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Why not contact JBL India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
The remote of my 2 month old Pioneer DEH 3150 head unit is not working. Is it a battery problem?.
If all the buttons are not working then most probably it is the battery.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 11:34   #10030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A 5" wont produce as much bass as a 6x9. Even though the 5" are on the rear doors the tweeeters are very much OFF axis so I would not worry so much about the HF. However if you do not have a sub you will notice the absnece of bass from the 6x9s.
Thank you Navin. I took the plunge and switched to having the components on the rear door and removed the 6x9s. As you said rightly, since the tweeters were kept far off it helped in showing no signs of discomfort to me due to brightness. Since I have the sub in the car, I think I am not seeing any loss in bass as well.

Earlier I kept the gains of the 6x9s down as it seemed to overpower the front components and there was too much of brightness than what I would have preferred. This problem seemed to have been solved with the change to components on the door.

Also I can now remove the rear parcel tray and make more room in the boot.

Some time back I had asked a question on crossover setting and slopes.

I have the following settings now:
front - 70 hz at -12db
rear - 70 hz at -12db
sub - 60 hz at -24db.

This seems to give me good sound and staging. I will however keep experimenting.
Oh! BTW will 60hz at -12db for the front/rear damage those in the long run?. I dont listen to very loud music
but again the term "loud" might be subjective.

Thank you.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 8th March 2010 at 11:39.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:22   #10031
BHPian

I've used the Pioneer DEH-P7950UB, can anyone Please tell me how different or similar are the Pioneer & JVC head units in terms of sound & build quality.
I liked the pioneer I had, for both the sound and build. As I am planning buy the JVC AVX-826
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 01:09   #10032
Senior - BHPian

Just bumping this thread- Have got an Innova VX (the face-lifted version)and the sound quality is pretty mediocre.

I have a JBL components / sub / 6*9 / 4 channel amp / monoblock amp setup in my Baleno and honestly if I am in that car for sometime- I do not switch on the Innova's system for the next two days.

Wanted to know what speakers should I change to at least have palatable SQ.

The other problem is - what kind of tweeters will fit in the tiny tweeter trays on the doors. Can it take normal tweeters that come with say JBL comps?

any suggestions will be appreciated. Dont want to change the HU right now for the fear of disabling the steering mounted controls

Last edited by Buffetfan : 9th March 2010 at 01:10.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 10:53   #10033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Some time back I had asked a question on crossover setting and slopes.
I have the following settings now:
front - 70 hz at -12db
rear - 70 hz at -12db
sub - 60 hz at -24db.
Oh! BTW will 60hz at -12db for the front/rear damage those in the long run?.
Most woofers will complain when they are pushed too hard. If you hear the front woofer hitting it max spl (a sort of tearning 'phat' sound) back off the volume control.

For most sane levels though your setting are fine. I set my front to -12db at 63Hz. I set my rear to -12db at 80Hz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Just bumping this thread- Have got an Innova VX (the face-lifted version)and the sound quality is pretty mediocre...Wanted to know what speakers should I change to at least have palatable SQ.

The other problem is - what kind of tweeters will fit in the tiny tweeter trays on the doors. Can it take normal tweeters that come with say JBL comps?
1. you will need an amp that has spekaer level inputs or a speaker level to line level adapter.
2. you seem to be happy with your JBLs in your Baleno why not use the same in the Innova.
3. Having not seen the tweeter pod of the Innova I cant say if the tweeter will fit. The best option is to ask a good installer.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 20:36   #10034
BHPian

Gurus, what would be the average life span of HU, amplifiers and speakers ? Any specifics to be followed to enhance the longevity of the equipment ?
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 06:14   #10035
BHPian

Can any one post the current price for the alpine ida x300?
Also, does it have a wireless music playback option?
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote