Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2005, 01:20   #1141
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

well zehar i dont quite agree with what u say..hhhhmmm wait let me explain..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2005 at 01:27.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 01:22   #1142
BHPian
 
zzzehar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amritsar/Madras
Posts: 258
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hey zzeher il be right back..just give me 5 min..
Sure MCLaren, Please take your own sweet time.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 01:32   #1143
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,735
Thanked: 414 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
Ola Senor,

Humble query: When we say thata set of speaker sound a tad 'bright', what exactly do we refer to?

I am sorry .

Cheers
When we say a speaker is a tad bright, we mean it has slightly more treble than ideal.
Of course this varies from individual to individual!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 01:32   #1144
BHPian
 
zzzehar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amritsar/Madras
Posts: 258
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well zehar i dont quite agree with what u say..hhhhmmm wait let me explain..
Your inputs are most welcome, I just posted my views. No offences to anyone please. And mind you, I really love this one big happy family of TEAM-BHP.

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 01:39.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 02:06   #1145
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
I am not backing up anyone here, but even I feel that we have too much of JBL stuff here on this forum. Every alternate post has something to do with JBL stuff. I understand and appreciate SAM being the only wholly in this business, however there are many other options we would like to have advice on as JBL most the times doesn't really fit our budget or suit our taste. And also from my little experience with car audio, I really haven't seen 99 out of 100 Cars hosting JBL speakers/Amps. Please help us out with some options as well so that we can unbiased opinion and have more options to make descisions that to stick with almost everything from JBL.
I hope I didn't hurt you Sam and If you feel I did, My Apologies. However, I really thank all of you for your tremendous knowledge and willingness to help. Cheers!
well there was a time on this thread where someone felt this thread was going allout and just about JBL JBL..well yes almost every post on this thread has eventually the name JBL on it..but as i posted in the evening today when sam quoted this " i could be accused of promoting my brand shamelessly"..well once i read this this is what my reply was" not to worry sam none of us think that way..we all know what u are talking about when u recommend a brand..u have been working with JBL for quite sometime and perhaps u know the quality stuff the JBLs are capable off..so thats y u recommend them right,bcoz u know how well the product works and hence share that trust that u have for JBL products with the not so knowledgeble people like me and not for marketting !!!" and i meant every word of it...well there is a lot of talk about JBL because someone on this forum is deeply involved with their processing and the entire setup run by JBL..this man knows in and out of the company and its products..has a lot of faith in these products as they are made by high qualified people,using the best resources available and god knows what not..so when ur that involved with a company u tend to know the quality of the produts they make..u know they are not fakes, u tested their performance and found them great,u know in and out what goes into a product and what doesnt..as time grows u tend to have faith for a product because u know its quality and kind..so there is nothing wrong in recommending this product as u have faith in it in totallity..wouldnt it be wise to recommend such products u know about rather than recommending brands ur not involved with and dont know what goes into them..i bascically find nothing wrong in seeing the JBLs being talked about so much bcoz sam knows they are worth and is telling us the same because of the undue faith he has in his products thats it..
and we do talk a lot about others too like sony,pioneer and blah blah..but its just that we tend to prefer the JBLs as we know someone on this forum who would vouch his life for the companies products genuinity..coming to ur point that the JBLs werent seen on many cars or talked about (before lookin into this thread),yup its true i too hadnt heard a lot about them..but yesterday when i went to a few shops and enquired, they really spoke of JBL with high regard..they arent that popular in a laymans audio setup bcoz they are a tad expensive..when someone asks advise we invariably post a lot of options but suggest on what we feel is the best setup..to take up the advise is left to u..

and i feel bad for aseem too as most of his posts are badly misunderstood,not only on this thread but a lot of other places too..he just cant put into proper words what he is wanting to communicate and more often than not he gets "slayed for it"
while there are other who get away with such stuff !!! all i say is dont try to pounce and critisize each other and make one looked downupon...i basically loved aseems company on this thread and would be sad if he decides not to post his views on this thread anymore..asseemm if ur reading this we do love ur company so stay on this thread !!!..well i guess we better stop talking about this topic once and for all and pray the wounds will die down with time and we all are back at it with high spirits...so no more discussing about this topic..come on yaar lets talk about some HUs,amps and speakers,thats what we are here for aint it..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 02:12   #1146
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
When we say a speaker is a tad bright, we mean it has slightly more treble than ideal.
Of course this varies from individual to individual!
way to goo aseem,nice to see ur not floundered by the critisicm and to see u back in action..eagerly looking upon ur company on this thread..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 02:27   #1147
BHPian
 
zzzehar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amritsar/Madras
Posts: 258
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well there was a time on this thread where someone felt this thread was going allout and just about JBL JBL..well yes almost every post on this thread has eventually the name JBL on it..but as i posted in the evening today when sam quoted this " i could be accused of promoting my brand shamelessly"..well once i read this this is what my reply was" not to worry sam none of us think that way..we all know what u are talking about when u recommend a brand..u have been working with JBL for quite sometime and perhaps u know the quality stuff the JBLs are capable off..so thats y u recommend them right,bcoz u know how well the product works and hence share that trust that u have for JBL products with the not so knowledgeble people like me and not for marketting !!!" and i meant every word of it...well there is a lot of talk about JBL because someone on this forum is deeply involved with their processing and the entire setup run by JBL..this man knows in and out of the company and its products..has a lot of faith in these products as they are made by high qualified people,using the best resources available and god knows what not..so when ur that involved with a company u tend to know the quality of the produts they make..u know they are not fakes, u tested their performance and found them great,u know in and out what goes into a product and what doesnt..as time grows u tend to have faith for a product because u know its quality and kind..so there is nothing wrong in recommending this product as u have faith in it in totallity..wouldnt it be wise to recommend such products u know about rather than recommending brands ur not involved with and dont know what goes into them..i bascically find nothing wrong in seeing the JBLs being talked about so much bcoz sam knows they are worth and is telling us the same because of the undue faith he has in his products thats it..
and we do talk a lot about others too like sony,pioneer and blah blah..but its just that we tend to prefer the JBLs as we know someone on this forum who would vouch his life for the companies products genuinity..coming to ur point that the JBLs werent seen on many cars or talked about (before lookin into this thread),yup its true i too hadnt heard a lot about them..but yesterday when i went to a few shops and enquired, they really spoke of JBL with high regard..they arent that popular in a laymans audio setup bcoz they are a tad expensive..when someone asks advise we invariably post a lot of options but suggest on what we feel is the best setup..to take up the advise is left to u..

and i feel bad for aseem too as most of his posts are badly misunderstood,not only on this thread but a lot of other places too..he just cant put into proper words what he is wanting to communicate and more often than not he gets "slayed for it"
while there are other who get away with such stuff !!! all i say is dont try to pounce and critisize each other and make one looked downupon...i basically loved aseems company on this thread and would be sad if he decides not to post his views on this thread anymore..asseemm if ur reading this we do love ur company so stay on this thread !!!..well i guess we better stop talking about this topic once and for all and pray the wounds will die down with time and we all are back at it with high spirits...so no more discussing about this topic..come on yaar lets talk about some HUs,amps and speakers,thats what we are here for aint it..
Very well said McLaren, I totally Agreee. I am sorry If I meant something against JBL's or Sam. No doubt he's the man with loads of knowledge and If I would hv been in his place working for JBL I would have definetely recommended my products as I would be knowing whats Gud and whats Not. I never said that I don't like the advice of Sam, Even I hv benefitted a lot from him, I got to the distributer of JBL in Chandigarh who would offer me products less than MRP, Thanks Sam

I feel sorry for Aseem too, Let's forget whatever has happened and start fresh, No Backlogs. And BTW where are you Aseem, hope ur not watching recorded Fatal Attraction (To TEAM-BHP) again. Hahaha, Cheers !

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 02:29.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 02:40   #1148
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

by the way aseem did u watch top gun on hbo sometime back..man great movie with the fighter planes zooming around..just cant stop seeing that movie no matter how many times..well talking of passions wanted to be a pilot but couldnt make it bcoz of height(short thats me) and bad eyesight..well whats one thing thats 2nd fastest to planes...cars and thats the reason im here..cheers..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 02:59   #1149
BHPian
 
zzzehar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amritsar/Madras
Posts: 258
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Where has Aseem gone man? I hope he is not fatally attracted to someone We are waiting for you Aseem and if you are feeling bad, I and McLaren apologize to you on behalf of this forum and promise you that this would never ever happen again. Now please come back and shower us with ur advice. Waiting for you...and Sorry Again. Afterall I am seriously thinking abt getting the JBL comps in front and later upgrading as suggessted by you by having a small share from your 50K that you hv planned for your car.

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 03:07.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:04   #1150
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

well the last time thats about 2mins back he was viewing this very thread..wonder where is he now..come back aseem need ur advise badly for the setup on my car..got a few probs..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:08   #1151
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,735
Thanked: 414 Times
Default

Zehar, Mc Laren I am still here and would love to suggest/assist in any way I could. Lets just burry all hatchets in the past. For whatever its worth I will chip in my two cents worth where I feel I can help.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:12   #1152
BHPian
 
zzzehar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amritsar/Madras
Posts: 258
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Zehar, Mc Laren I am still here and would love to suggest/assist in any way I could. Lets just burry all hatchets in the past. For whatever its worth I will chip in my two cents worth where I feel I can help.
Thats like a real BHPian. Now tell me if I get a 4 channel amp, how is usually each channel distributed or assigned to different components of an audio system like rear speakers, component speakers, front speakers and Subwoofer? I just want to make sure that the fitman doesn't fool around with my car and I shud hv clear option for upgradation later on.

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 03:13.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:13   #1153
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

guys im posting my problem on the thread i had started for my zen..reads"advise on upgrading music system for my zen"..so pls go to that thread to solve my problem..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:17   #1154
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

as far as my knowledge goes the amps have fins..so be careful that the amp is not mounted upsidedown bcoz then the heat coming from the amp will be dissipated back into the amp leading to boooom !! over to aseem for the finer details..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 03:19   #1155
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

hey aseem

dude just chill out man.every member on this forum has a right to express his/her views and sam and naveen did so.im sure you felt bad and maybe you still do but honestly i dont think you should take it personally.

im sure you agree with me when i say sam is definitly qualified and naveen has vast knowledge about audio which he would like to share with all of us.i personally feel sam would know more about the products and prices as he is activly involved in it everyday.he says its always better to buy speakers from a company that manufactures only that and not one which ALSO manufactures that.i totally agree with him on that because the company knows what they are doing and speciallizes in only one thing thats what makes it stand out amongs the rest.

when ever you ask sam for a setup he would obiously advise you to get jbl speakers for obious reasons but thats not it, its also because they sound good and if they didnt the company would have been out of business long back.

at the same time they are many members out here who depend upon your advise so just because you had a small disagreement doesnt mean you stop posting.let it be upto the people to take your advise or leave it.

so just chill out take some time off if you need it and come back and post.


Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks