Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 10:35   #13081
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,055
Thanked: 1,194 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I don't know why, but after someone stole the detachable faceplate of my HU while my car washing guy left my car unlocked on a pretty saturday, I bought a CHEAP (1250/-) PAGARIA HU from Snapdeal. I tested unit at home & all worked fine.
However after I fitted (DIY as per wiring diagram) it on my car (Accent), the volume of HU changes with acceleration, as if the currnet input is wavering to the unit. Everything gets normal at red-lights but a soon as I floor the accelerator the volume goes up, only to fall back as I change gears. Pls help.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 07:47   #13082
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,280
Thanked: 3,649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I don't know why, but after someone stole the detachable faceplate of my HU while my car washing guy left my car unlocked on a pretty saturday, I bought a CHEAP (1250/-) PAGARIA HU from Snapdeal. I tested unit at home & all worked fine.
However after I fitted (DIY as per wiring diagram) it on my car (Accent), the volume of HU changes with acceleration, as if the currnet input is wavering to the unit. Everything gets normal at red-lights but a soon as I floor the accelerator the volume goes up, only to fall back as I change gears. Pls help.
Does the HU have Automatic volume control?
schakravarthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 11:08   #13083
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Any one facing problem with Carplay in Ertiga ,Ciaz or Baleno. Mine frequently disconnects,mostly during calls
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 15:17   #13084
BHPian
 
lovetorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, TRV
Posts: 96
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Any one facing problem with Carplay in Ertiga ,Ciaz or Baleno. Mine frequently disconnects,mostly during calls
The carplay in my S-Cross works without any glitch, so far. You may check with another mobile service provider, before conclusion.
I faced call drops with my pioneer head unit in Swift and later found the problem was with the mobile service provider.
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 16:50   #13085
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
The carplay in my S-Cross works without any glitch, so far. You may check with another mobile service provider, before conclusion.
I faced call drops with my pioneer head unit in Swift and later found the problem was with the mobile service provider.
Nothing to do with the service provider. Iphone just disconnects from the car play mode. have recorded a video of the problem and sent it to Maruti & Bosch via Service Centre.
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 17:35   #13086
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,866 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Nothing to do with the service provider. Iphone just disconnects from the car play mode. have recorded a video of the problem and sent it to Maruti & Bosch via Service Centre.
Which iPhone? Using Apple provided data cable or an after-market one?

Most common cause is loose connection (or temporary disconnection on jarring - extremely difficult to catch), either with the one on the cable or the one connecting USB on the HU.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 19:10   #13087
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Which iPhone? Using Apple provided data cable or an after-market one?

Most common cause is loose connection (or temporary disconnection on jarring - extremely difficult to catch), either with the one on the cable or the one connecting USB on the HU.

iPhone 6s with iOS 9.0.2. Using the original apple lightning cable.
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 16:02   #13088
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Dear Experts,

I am a novice with reference to in car entertainment systems and need your advice.

I am in the process of updating my innova which is Jan 2008 model. Its a V model and has a 7 seat configuration. As part of this I want to know the following:

My budget to 50k.

1) Can I just upgrade the speakers and add an amplifier to the "existing" head Unit?
2) Which speakers and amplifier would you recommend and from where can I buy it?

3) In case the advice is to upgrade the head unit also, then which head unit should I buy?
4) If I upgrade the HU I want to add 2 monitors to the backrest of the front 2 seats is it ok to do so?

5) Do I need a sub woofer and where should I fit it? I do not wish to lose any luggage space.

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs and suggestions.

Cheers!
Higgs_Boson_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 18:03   #13089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Dear Experts,

I am a novice with reference to in car entertainment systems and need your advice.

I am in the process of updating my innova which is Jan 2008 model. Its a V model and has a 7 seat configuration. As part of this I want to know the following:

My budget to 50k.

1) Can I just upgrade the speakers and add an amplifier to the "existing" head Unit?
2) Which speakers and amplifier would you recommend and from where can I buy it?

3) In case the advice is to upgrade the head unit also, then which head unit should I buy?
4) If I upgrade the HU I want to add 2 monitors to the backrest of the front 2 seats is it ok to do so?

5) Do I need a sub woofer and where should I fit it? I do not wish to lose any luggage space.

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs and suggestions.

Cheers!
Not an expert but here are my answers.

You can start by adding a double din headunit (Pioneer), front component speakers and 4 channel amplifier. you have lot options when it comes to speakers and amplifier, if you can audition few of the brands choose whichever suits your music taste. Some options in terms of brands would be dls,infinity,focal. When it comes to rear speakers you can add either a set of component(innova being a larger car) or coaxial(cheaper) ones.

If you need a sub then you have to put it in the trunk and if you don't want to lose luggage space then you can probably look at a 10' sub.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 18:57   #13090
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,685
Thanked: 1,030 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I don't know why, but after someone stole the detachable faceplate of my HU while my car washing guy left my car unlocked on a pretty saturday, I bought a CHEAP (1250/-) PAGARIA HU from Snapdeal. I tested unit at home & all worked fine.
However after I fitted (DIY as per wiring diagram) it on my car (Accent), the volume of HU changes with acceleration, as if the currnet input is wavering to the unit. Everything gets normal at red-lights but a soon as I floor the accelerator the volume goes up, only to fall back as I change gears. Pls help.
does the engine change volume with car speed or engine speed? if it is the latter, the increasing voltage might be playing around with the gain (should be because of manufacturing/design defect - the former is more likely) . try swapping in another cheap HU/return it to snapdeal
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 19:26   #13091
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Not an expert but here are my answers.

You can start by adding a double din headunit (Pioneer), front component speakers and 4 channel amplifier. you have lot options when it comes to speakers and amplifier, if you can audition few of the brands choose whichever suits your music taste. Some options in terms of brands would be dls,infinity,focal. When it comes to rear speakers you can add either a set of component(innova being a larger car) or coaxial(cheaper) ones.

If you need a sub then you have to put it in the trunk and if you don't want to lose luggage space then you can probably look at a 10' sub.
Thanks can you (others) suggest a good combination in terms of:
make and model; where to buy;
Head Unit
Speakers
Amplifier [which type of amp is best for music/movies?]
Sub-woofer

Also has anyone tried to get their ICE installed by a person called Dinesh who is listed as a dealer in the Pioneer website, as his shop is in jayanagar which is not too far for me.

thanks,
Higgs_Boson_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 20:11   #13092
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon, HR
Posts: 174
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Thanks can you (others) suggest a good combination in terms of:
make and model; where to buy;
Head Unit
Speakers
Amplifier [which type of amp is best for music/movies?]
Sub-woofer

Also has anyone tried to get their ICE installed by a person called Dinesh who is listed as a dealer in the Pioneer website, as his shop is in jayanagar which is not too far for me.

thanks,
Please try Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala. It is in the road that comes down next to Robert Bosch (forget exact street number etc)
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 20:33   #13093
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,055
Thanked: 1,194 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Volume wavered with engine RPM.
I have changed the UNIT to another Indo-China make. But this one is excellent. Heavy Bass output from my nimble speakers. If I tweak TREBLE to mid, my car starts sounding like JHANKAAR BEATS.
Only issue is that those DISCO LIGHTS are bright enough to light up the Greek arena. My car now looks like some discotheque at night time. Couldn't figure out how to dim the screen so got it masked with tape.

Thanks GH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
does the engine change volume with car speed or engine speed? if it is the latter, the increasing voltage might be playing around with the gain (should be because of manufacturing/design defect - the former is more likely) . try swapping in another cheap HU/return it to snapdeal
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 23:01   #13094
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Columbia City
Posts: 102
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I am seeking an expert advise on powered subwoofer connection through rear speakers.

I have a Honda civic 2013. It has 4 speakers set up with stock radio. I have purchased an Infinity basslink powered subwoofer and connected to the battery. Ground wire is connected to one of the screws in boot. The set up has been installed professionally by a car dealer. Now, when I give the rear speaker level input to this subwoofer, it works fine as long as the car is running. when I switch off the ignition, I hear a loud and constant buzzing sound. Right now, I am disconnecting the fuse from the powered wire and that powers off the subwoofer and here is no noise. What is the possible reason and any solution please?

thanks in advance

Himanshu
bhardwhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 17:48   #13095
BHPian
 
XLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Folks, need help. Nothing sophisticated really. I need a pair of coaxials (6 or 6.5") which can give me the best possible bass. I am looking to drive it straight through the factory audio. Do not want to install amp and sub, although I know that's the best way to go about with it.
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks