Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 20:16   #13426
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 577 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Thanks, Nitinralli.

I will be upgrading to the Tempo 6 soon. Do you think 15,800 is a good deal for the Tempo 6?

However before I upgrade, I will be getting the entire car damped. Let's see how much of a difference damping makes.

Best,
Enigmatic
Price seems fair enough, get them. As for damping, it will for sure make a big difference unless you have Skoda/VW cars (since they are rock solid).
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 16:22   #13427
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 417
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Price seems fair enough, get them. As for damping, it will for sure make a big difference unless you have Skoda/VW cars (since they are rock solid).
Thanks, nitinralli.

I have a civic and hope that the damping will make some difference to the sound quality. Irrespective of the difference, would be going for the Tempo's soon.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 18:09   #13428
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hello all BHPians!
I will go straight in to my query.

Car: 2009 Honda City iVTEC (No audio upgrades till now)
FYI: Bought this used car only because of all you awesome guys' advice.

Purpose: Great music experience with sweet mid bass, and low frequencies. I listen to Filmy, EDM, Trance. I like to have concert experience.

Budget: 50K (for now)
Note: If my budget can not get me the whole package of what I'm expecting, I can do in phases:
Phase 1 - Component Speakers, Coaxial Speakers, 4 Channel Amplifier
Phase 2 - 2din Head Unit and Subwoofer
In the end, I wan to retain my third party equipment even if I change my car for the next 5 years.

I've reached out to EVO, Bangalore, and these are the recommendations:
Honestly, except for Pioneer 2890BT, I could not find proper information/ reviews.

I request fellow BHPians to please help me here, and provide your approval or recommendations for each component in the below list.
Also, if I have to procure equipment on my own, can you suggest good technicians in Bangalore to install them?

P.S. I did go through a lot of threads, and mainly came across EVO, Sachin's, and Harmonixx (deals with only imported brands).
EVO and Sachin's both have mixed reviews.

Pioneer 2890BT DVD 2din Player 19500
Option 1:
MTX TRS654 6.5" Component Speakers 6200
MTX TR654 6.5" Coaxial Speakers 3200
MTX T450-4 4 channel amplifier 9500
MTX TR 12 04 12" Subwoofer 5500

Option 2:
Cerwin vega XED650c 6.5" Component Speakers 6750
Cerwin vega XED62 6.5" Coaxial Speakers 3750
Cerwin Vega HED600.4 4 channel amplifier 10500
Cerwin vega HED3124 12" Subwoofer 5750

Option3:
Diamond Audio TX65V 6.5" Component Speakers 9500
Diamond Audio CX65 6.5" Coaxial Speakers 6200
ARC Audio XDI804 4 channel amplififers 13500
Cerwin vega HED3124 12" Subwoofer 5750

I really appreciate BHPians for all your knowledge and helping nature.
Thank you!
Baagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 23:22   #13429
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,333
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baagi View Post
Hello all BHPians!
I will go straight in to my query.

Car: 2009 Honda City iVTEC (No audio upgrades till now)
FYI: Bought this used car only because of all you awesome guys' advice.

Purpose: Great music experience with sweet mid bass, and low frequencies. I listen to Filmy, EDM, Trance. I like to have concert experience.

Budget: 50K (for now)
Note: If my budget can not get me the whole package of what I'm expecting, I can do in phases:
Phase 1 - Component Speakers, Coaxial Speakers, 4 Channel Amplifier
Phase 2 - 2din Head Unit and Subwoofer
In the end, I wan to retain my third party equipment even if I change my car for the next 5 years.
I would suggest you avoid Pioneer and consider Sony or Alpine HU (3 pre outs) and in first phase you go with the HU and 4 speakers with damping in the doors. This will give you such good mid bass that in the second phase you can go with just an amplifier and then decide if you want a sub.

If you think you don't want a sub more powerful than a 300w rms, go with a 5ch amp so it will give you the option to run 4 speakers and the sub from 1 amplifier. The Powerbass ASA3 700.5 is what I had used and its excellent.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 16:43   #13430
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi Guys,
Saw a Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP 4 channel amp at around Rs. 7995/- on Amazon and pulled the trigger. But on hindsight, I'm a bit worried. Is this a fair deal or too good to be true kinda deal? Saw some good reviews about this amplifier on the net but seems like an outgoing/obsolete model. The seller (CAR SMITH 123) is saying that it's with 1 Year Manufacturer warranty. Never bought from this seller and hence a bit worried but it's with "Fulfilled by Amazon" tag.
Regards,
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 17:48   #13431
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 127
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Current Setup

- DLS MB RCS 6.2 components Front
- DLS MA RCS6.2 components Rear
- DD Audio A4 four channel Amplifier
- Mercury 700.1 Mono Amp
- Focal 12" sub enclosure
- STP Damping on doors
- Mercury Premium Gold Dampening on Boot
- Scosche Converter
- Scosche Wiring

Now I have a couple of queries:

1. I want to change the 4 channel Amp. Any worthy upgrade within 10-20k budget ?
2. My windshield rattles a lot. How do I prevent that ?
3. I need to upgrade front comps (MB) to 3 - way components, any suggestions for 15-25 range ?

Last edited by BB311 : 15th March 2017 at 17:50. Reason: corrected models
BB311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 19:19   #13432
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon, HR
Posts: 174
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Current Setup

- DLS MB RCS 6.2 components Front
- DLS MA RCS6.2 components Rear
- DD Audio A4 four channel Amplifier
- Mercury 700.1 Mono Amp
- Focal 12" sub enclosure
- STP Damping on doors
- Mercury Premium Gold Dampening on Boot
- Scosche Converter
- Scosche Wiring

Now I have a couple of queries:

1. I want to change the 4 channel Amp. Any worthy upgrade within 10-20k budget ?
2. My windshield rattles a lot. How do I prevent that ?
3. I need to upgrade front comps (MB) to 3 - way components, any suggestions for 15-25 range ?
Why would you want to upgrade anything in this setup? It's one of the best you can get at this price point already
HighwayofLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 21:30   #13433
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 417
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi Guys,
Saw a Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP 4 channel amp at around Rs. 7995/- on Amazon and pulled the trigger. But on hindsight, I'm a bit worried. Is this a fair deal or too good to be true kinda deal? Saw some good reviews about this amplifier on the net but seems like an outgoing/obsolete model. The seller (CAR SMITH 123) is saying that it's with 1 Year Manufacturer warranty. Never bought from this seller and hence a bit worried but it's with "Fulfilled by Amazon" tag.
Regards,
Kaushik, although it seems to be a good deal, do check out Paytm once. The GTA 470 DSP is available for INR 8060 and has a cashback of INR 2000 which effectively brings down the price to INR 6060. I have personally had a good experience with Paytm having bought the Pioneer 5890 . It was available for INR 20K (cashback inclusive) on Paytm whereas I was getting it for INR 26k - 28k everywhere else.

I am equally interested in knowing whether this amp is recommended by others considering it has been around for a while.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 15th March 2017 at 21:36.
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 22:01   #13434
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Kaushik, although it seems to be a good deal, do check out Paytm once. The GTA 470 DSP is available for INR 8060 and has a cashback of INR 2000 which effectively brings down the price to INR 6060. I have personally had a good experience with Paytm having bought the Pioneer 5890 . It was available for INR 20K (cashback inclusive) on Paytm whereas I was getting it for INR 26k - 28k everywhere else.

I am equally interested in knowing whether this amp is recommended by others considering it has been around for a while.

Best,
Enigmatic
I've already made the purchase as stated in my first statement. Wish I had checked on PayTM like you've suggested. Actually have never bought anything from PayTM before. I was little worried about the 8k price point as the price of the same amp is around 10k in Flipkart and by another seller on Amazon. Was wondering what the catch might be with 2k difference in price.
Yup, I am also hope to hear some words from the Gurus of music here on this amp.
Regards,
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 13:15   #13435
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Kaushik, although it seems to be a good deal, do check out Paytm once. The GTA 470 DSP is available for INR 8060 and has a cashback of INR 2000 which effectively brings down the price to INR 6060. I have personally had a good experience with Paytm having bought the Pioneer 5890 . It was available for INR 20K (cashback inclusive) on Paytm whereas I was getting it for INR 26k - 28k everywhere else.

I am equally interested in knowing whether this amp is recommended by others considering it has been around for a while.

Best,
Enigmatic
Do paytm offer warranty too. Just wanted to make sure as I'm seeing things like "warranty void of bought online" on too many boxes to ignore.

Girish
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 14:15   #13436
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 417
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Do paytm offer warranty too. Just wanted to make sure as I'm seeing things like "warranty void of bought online" on too many boxes to ignore.

Girish
Girish,

This is a gray area. Although many manufacturers claim that warranty is void if bought online, I am not sure how true this is. I received a hard copy of the dealer invoice along with a paytm invoice when I bought the Pioneer 5890. If I have to claim warranty, I will show the dealer invoice which has no mention of the product being bought online. However, like I said, this is still a gray area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I've already made the purchase as stated in my first statement. Wish I had checked on PayTM like you've suggested. Actually have never bought anything from PayTM before. I was little worried about the 8k price point as the price of the same amp is around 10k in Flipkart and by another seller on Amazon. Was wondering what the catch might be with 2k difference in price.
Yup, I am also hope to hear some words from the Gurus of music here on this amp.
Regards,
I took the plunge as well and bought the 470 DSP from Paytm. Have decided that this will power my speakers and my existing 4ch JBL amplifier can continue powering the sub-woofer. The reviews online seem good however, still waiting to hear from the members.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 15:54   #13437
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post



I took the plunge as well and bought the 470 DSP from Paytm. Have decided that this will power my speakers and my existing 4ch JBL amplifier can continue powering the sub-woofer. The reviews online seem good however, still waiting to hear from the members.

Best,
Enigmatic
Congrats. Mine is supposed to be delivered today but till now no sign, may be tomorrow. I'm eagerly waiting.
BTW, any pointers to a good wiring kit for the amp? I saw Scoche kit on Amazon and I kinda had mixed feelings about Schoche. Any other suggestion?
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 17:56   #13438
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 417
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Congrats. Mine is supposed to be delivered today but till now no sign, may be tomorrow. I'm eagerly waiting.
BTW, any pointers to a good wiring kit for the amp? I saw Scoche kit on Amazon and I kinda had mixed feelings about Schoche. Any other suggestion?
Thanks. Scosche wiring kit seems to be good, it is also recommended by a couple of installers I had contacted earlier. I am using a Focal wiring kit, you might want to give it a try.

If you want to read up on wires, have a look at this (Contains an informative chart explaining what wire is required for what amp power):
http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

P.S. How much are you getting the Scosche kit for? A dealer in Mumbai was offering the same for INR 1750.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 20th March 2017 at 18:03.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 12:06   #13439
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Thanks. Scosche wiring kit seems to be good, it is also recommended by a couple of installers I had contacted earlier. I am using a Focal wiring kit, you might want to give it a try.

If you want to read up on wires, have a look at this (Contains an informative chart explaining what wire is required for what amp power):
http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

P.S. How much are you getting the Scosche kit for? A dealer in Mumbai was offering the same for INR 1750.

Best,
Enigmatic
It's 2.1K at Amazon, I think you are getting a better deal at Mumbai dealer.
BTW, received the amplifier yesterday evening. Bit concerned as no warranty card is present. Also on the amplifier there is just one sticker at the bottom mentioning model no etc. The box contains importer details and all but the box itself was not sealed. So, I have no idea if it's genuine or fake. Looks exactly like what it's on the photos on the net though.
Regards,
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 15:53   #13440
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 417
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
It's 2.1K at Amazon, I think you are getting a better deal at Mumbai dealer.
BTW, received the amplifier yesterday evening. Bit concerned as no warranty card is present. Also on the amplifier there is just one sticker at the bottom mentioning model no etc. The box contains importer details and all but the box itself was not sealed. So, I have no idea if it's genuine or fake. Looks exactly like what it's on the photos on the net though.
Regards,
Kaushik, try looking for sellers on ebay selling the wiring kit in your city and send them a message (on ebay) saying that you can pick up the wiring kit in person. This will probably bring the price down. This is how I got to know about the dealer I was talking about earlier.

Regarding the warranty card, did you get a dealer bill along with the Amazon bill? If you did, the dealer bill should have his contact details. Try calling him for an explanation regarding no warranty card.

Regarding sealed package, my Pioneer 5890 was certainly not in a sealed box. However the product inside the box was certainly sealed. Same applies to my Focal speakers which I bought from a accessory shop in Mumbai. The outer box was not sealed however the contents inside were in separate sealed boxes.

Does the amplifier have any signs of being used? If not then you shouldn't worry. Do let us know how the amplifier performs. What speakers do you intend to connect it to?

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 21st March 2017 at 15:55.
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks