Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 27th August 2009, 20:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Bluetooth & Ipod connection on the Jetta 1.9TDI DSG?

Hi, Sorry if this isn't the right place for this but am wondering if there is a solution to connect the iPod to my stock stereo system in the Jetta 1.9? I dont have the new touch screen unit,

And also any ways i can connect my cellphone to the system too? I mean there is a telephone button on the steering wheel which I assume is a dummy button but any one get around with this?

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 10:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

You need to check the user manual supplied with the car. Also, it will help if you are able to find out which model HU is installed in your car (the dealer / service center should be able to help).

If this is a Blaupunkt OE unit, there will be Blau cables/units to do all that. The iPod connection is the easiest to do - one can either use the Aux-in cable (connects to EP socket on iPod; no iPod charging) or the iPod interface (connects to iPod connector; charges the iPod).

The telephone button on the steering is not a dummy - it is connected to the HU, which will route it to the Bluetooth control unit to pick up / drop a call.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 19:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

DerAlte,

Thanks, a lot but the point is where can I get the bluetooth kit and the ipod adapter from? I've asked the VW dealer here but they don't get back no matter how many times I call, so anyone who's done this please help,

Thanks
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go to their service center and charm your way into getting someone to peek behind and read the model number and part number of the HU. Knowing that we can try to figure out where to get the adapter / cable.

Can you post a pic of the dash and a good close-up of the front of the HU?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 22:57   #5

Try the XCARLINK. Perfectly matches with your requirement. PM You the details.
hihaneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 08:44   #6
BHPian

Default VW Passat RCD 510 ICE

I bought a new VW passat two days back.It has a RCD 510 six cd changer with aux in socket.The sound of the unit is not very good.What are my options in changing the unit?.or can I connect an amp?The RCD 510 manual does not say anything about output power or speaker specs.
thanks
vasant3 is offline   Reply With Quote