Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st September 2009, 19:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs. See this is what i like about TeamBhp, just simply put in the question and wait for sometime and you get all the answers (some which were not even asked)

One more thing. If i download a MP3 song from net and now want to copy it on a CD for my car, so which option would be better (both option using NERO):
1. Burn the MP3 songs into a MP3 CD.
2. Burn the MP3 songs into an Audio CD.

Will there be a better sound quality when compared to each other in above case? If so, then which one?
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 20:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

neither. burn as data cd. your HU should handle it just fine
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 21:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Will there be a better sound quality when compared to each other in above case? If so, then which one?
the weak link is the MP3 compresion of your songs. the rest is academic.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the weak link is the MP3 compresion of your songs. the rest is academic.
Well said! The quality is what it is in the MP3. Burning as Audio CD will not 'upsample' the tracks.

The advantage of burning them as MP3 in a Data CD is that you can hold around 8-10 times more songs on a single disc (depending on your bitrate). Burning them as an Audio CD would only convert them to raw wav (bigger size) with no change in audio quality.
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks everyone for your inputs. See this is what i like about TeamBhp, just simply put in the question and wait for sometime and you get all the answers (some which were not even asked)

One more thing. If i download a MP3 song from net and now want to copy it on a CD for my car, so which option would be better (both option using NERO):

As greenhorn said, burn a data cd by giving numerical order to your song preferences. if you do not do this, Nero will just burn them in alphabetical order. In my view, unless you are listening to an audio CD (professionally recorded) on a system meant for playing only audio CDs, the aural difference between a .cda and .mp3 is not much when it comes to listening on ICE. However, there are few conditions that must be met if you want to enjoy mp3 on your ICE:

- Do not convert an already lossy format to another lossy format.
- ICE must have sufficient EQ facilities to bump up frequencies that have been sampled during lossy conversion (mainly low and high frequencies, mids do not undergo large amount of sampling).
- For better quality, having a sampling rate of 320kbps is required.
- If you use Nero suite, you can bump up to be sampled frequencies using Nero Sound Trax. This can be done on the fly in Nero burning Rom if you have the full suite installed.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote