Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th September 2010, 10:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_06 View Post
what is left? is a mono-amp, sub, Rear Coaxials/components(depending upon which sounds better after auditioning) and last but not the least damping.
Mono would depend on the power of the sub. If it's a 300 RMS sub, go for the Focal Solid 1. It should cost 13-15K with B&W after discounts. You could also take a look at the Infinity Reference sub. I am using one and it's a smooth, clean sub. Get Noisekill for damping.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 14:13   #17
BHPian

Great stuff Tarun! You are lucky to get one of the Genny Profile 4 series amp. I heard the stock won't last long. So congrats! Waiting eagerly for the remaining equipment!
Quote:
The upgrade starts today.. though it is going to take time for the final install but the journey has begun....

Got my genesis Profile 4 delivered today..lots more planned.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 12:08   #18

Question New Requirements

Suruck up :( Help needed.....

I have a Genny Profile 4 and will buy a Kenwood Mono soon.
I want to use one power cable for the Mono and the 4 Channel. Which means i need a distribution block.

The problem is:
1) Is the decision for one single power cable and then a distribution block good?
2) How many gauge wire should go into the distribution block?
3) How many gauge wire to the amp from the distribution block?
4) Is it possible to buy distribution blocks and wires separatly? I ask this because the available option of Kiker in classifieds is for 10K which doesnot include RCAs, and is a coslty affair.
5) If the distribution blocks are available in the market separatly then what is the source?
6) What brand RCA?
7) What brand and spec for the speaker cable? The cable which goes from Amp to crossover and then to speakers/tweeters.

To make things easier, I will cut the long story short: I have 16K(+-2K not even 2.1) which includes the following things:
- Installation
- Speaker wiring(from amp to spk)
- power cables
- distribution blocks(if needed). Though i would like to have one as installation looks clean
- RCAs
- Connectors or thimbles.
- Damping too

It will be a great help if you can give me the brand(and the product code as well) and the split.

TIA,
tg_06

Last edited by tg_06 : 30th September 2010 at 12:18. Reason: Little change
tg_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 17:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suruck up :( Help needed.....

I have a Genny Profile 4 and will buy a Kenwood Mono soon.
I want to use one power cable for the Mono and the 4 Channel. Which means i need a distribution block.

The problem is:
1) Is the decision for one single power cable and then a distribution block good?
4) Is it possible to buy distribution blocks and wires separatly? I ask this because the available option of Kiker in classifieds is for 10K which doesnot include RCAs, and is a coslty affair.
5) If the distribution blocks are available in the market separatly then what is the source?
6) What brand RCA?
7) What brand and spec for the speaker cable? The cable which goes from Amp to crossover and then to speakers/tweeters.

To make things easier, I will cut the long story short: I have 16K(+-2K not even 2.1) which includes the following things:
- Installation
- Speaker wiring(from amp to spk)
- power cables
- distribution blocks(if needed). Though i would like to have one as installation looks clean
- RCAs
- Connectors or thimbles.
- Damping too

It will be a great help if you can give me the brand(and the product code as well) and the split.

TIA,
tg_06
16k i can work with that

Damping 5k
RCA's - 4k
Speaker wiring 15 mtr - 1.5 - 2K
Thimbles and misc things - 500 bucks
4 GA battery to DB 5-6mtr + DB (Distribution Block) + 8ga x 5 mtr for DB to amp & grounding of both amps - 6K MAX
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 17:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The problem is:
6) What brand RCA?

TIA,
tg_06
1) Oh Yes
2) Depends on your Amp power rating. If you plan to have powerful Amps, better get 8 gauge, else 12 gauge should be fine
3) Again Depends on your Amp Rating, it can be either 4 gauge or 8 gauge
4) Yes you can buy Distribution blocks off the shelves. But its better if you can get it as a whole Amp kit, else you may have to know your requirements well.
5) Source can be any Car Audio shop. If you can get from abroad, nothing like it, as there are so many options
6) All brands are more or less the same. that said there are few very high quality (and pricey) one likes Audison Sonus, Monster XLN Pro, Stinger pro etc...
7) I dont find many people digging it in Speaker cables, but as for as i know, Monster, RF, Stinger all have speaker cables. Generally for speakers it can be 18 gauge or 20 gauge. If you have a powerful Sub, get a minimum of 14 Gauge.

I think its better you get a Nice Dual Amp Kit like Kicker or Stinger or Tsunami. After this your only worry will be the RCA and Speaker wires. For RCA, dont spend more than 2K. Speakers wires not more than 1K. That leaves you with 3-4K for Damping.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 12:38   #21

Thank you Mi10.

Where to get all these thing from? can you suggest me a one stop shop kind of place within Delhi or Chandigarh
tg_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 06:36   #22

Default Capacitor

Hey mate,

Ditch the idea of installing a stiffening capacitor in your car, as it will be a 'load' to the battery. If you have a good car battery, you don't really need additional batteries unless you plan to have a 3000watt and over sound system in your car, which would be a "ground pounder"

Also it will help your car if you don't play your system "loudly" when the engine is not running, you will get by if you don't have subwoofer, or two in your car, since the bass tones really rob the battery of its power.
DrBoom is offline   Reply With Quote