Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th September 2009, 14:07   #1
BHPian

Default Help needed in Adding a mono amp to current Ice

SO My Current Ice which is of 4 years old is as follows

Pioneer deh p7750
4 way pioneer speakers
pioneer tweeters
600 watts pioneer subwoofer (which is fixed onto the rear board)
444 watts sony xploid amp

now what i want is to add a monoblock pioneer amp(d510) to this setup which i already have with me(actually had put it in the classifieds section some time ago but as the sale didnt take place i thought of adding it to my own setup ).Now As per my local setup guy i should add a jbl 1220 watts subwoofer and enclose the two subs in one box(my old and the new one).As this is one area which i dont have immense knowledge i like the gurus out there to help me.i dont mind shelling out some 7k for this setup.i know thats a low budget but im on a tight budget.So Guru's ,within that budget wat are the options i have??

My Car Is 2000 Lancer
And my music preferences are rock/metal and a lil bit of psytrance nowdays

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 17th September 2009 at 09:34. Reason: See note in post
lancer_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 14:15   #2
BHPian

I don't think that mixing two separate subs (in one enclosure) is a good idea - experts please chime in.
CrackedHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

One good sub will be enough, slowly move out of Pioneer spekers everything will be all right.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
(actually had put it in the classifieds section some time ago but as the sale didnt take place i thought of adding it to my own setup ).Now As per my local setup guy i should add a jbl 1220 watts subwoofer and enclose the two subs in one box(my old and the new one).As this is one area which i dont have immense knowledge i like the gurus out there to help me.i dont mind shelling out some 7k for this setup.i know thats a low budget but im on a tight budget.So Guru's ,within that budget wat are the options i have??
I was looking for a used Mono (my budget is also very low) could not find your add in the clssifieds. Anyways here is what i have to say. I went to get rear ovals for my lancer and found out all the shop keepers promoting JBL's, the SQ was great but i somehow didnt like the punch. I had it auditioned at 3 different places and i didnt like it at all. Then finally i went to a friend's shop who i was trying to avoid( friends and bussiness dont go very well) he gave me a pair of sony speakers, i know most of you must be laughing by now, but my point is individual taste, i have 2 JBL 1000watt subs driven by a 600 Watt 4 channel amp and i must say i am not impressed. I had a VCCS pio sub and trust me it used to rock my old esteem with the same amp, i think it might be the amp or may be the enclosure but i am not happy. Dump the idea of JBL IMHO and get what sounds the best to your ears. Some times mix and match also sounds great. As for sa Pio Sub you should be able to source a dual voice coil sub for as less as 2k(read used) so you can spend on the rest 5 k some where wlse(give me some discount on your mono for this idea , i dont mind picking it up)

PS: i am serious PM me the prices.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
One good sub will be enough, slowly move out of Pioneer spekers everything will be all right.
huh..u mean pioneer speakers are not good??
Old 16th September 2009, 15:43   #6
BHPian

@
Pramod

Think you are a little late there mate.anyway i will keep in mind your offer if this install doesnt go well.

Coming back to the topic,you think a 600 watt amp is enough to drive two 1000 watt subs(in your case).maybe thats why you are not impressed with the sound.The thing which is driving me to JBL is just the price,which is somewhat less than pioneer.The sound quality i have no idea.Would like to hear comments about JBL sub driven by powerful amps.

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 16th September 2009 at 15:45.