| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|2nd May 2010, 04:17||#288|
Senior - BHPian
thanks a million guys. As you must have noticed, the Eclipse is possibly on it's way out. Mind you, the 7200MKII is BY FAR the BEST investment I have made in ICE, but I need something now that does FLAC/Lossless without fuss. I am on the way to digitizing my music totally and I don't see a valid enough reason to carry CD's in the car. I am now on the verge of looking for an HU that does FLAC/Lossless audio OOB (out of the box). My budget is the leftover 'scraps' from what I get off the sale of the Eclipse ;-)
|2nd May 2010, 08:42||#289|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked: 41 Times
For FLAC/Lossless audio your best option is a carPC.
You can play anything on it. I have it and I have about 3000 songs out of whcih 90% are FLAC. And if I have mp3s then they are not less than 256kbps.
Here are some pics of my carpc in action and a little video. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...age-3-a-4.html
Last edited by monty9991 : 2nd May 2010 at 08:59.
|4th May 2010, 22:51||#291|
Senior - BHPian
All acoustic issues sorted. I was recently caught by the cops for SMILING incessantly while driving. They thought I was high on something. I feel it was music, they thought otherwise.
LOL. Jokes apart. NOW I can say that I have finally left the Luccent Ghost behind me (even though I miss those beautiful subwoofers sometimes, due to their VFM nature and absolutely honest reproduction of bass)
I am loving my ICE.
BUT, what happens when you achieve perfection in one area? The other areas start paling in comparison......
Read on guys. Watch this space for details.
|5th May 2010, 16:35||#292|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked: 21 Times
|6th May 2010, 11:45||#296|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 6 Times
Is it Russian with features like something below??
- 24-bit DAC, 24-bit ADC
- Line in + MIC-in (stereo)
- Time Allignment
- 6 independent, fully controllable line outs (7V) + a SUB-out
- 6 pre-amplified channels (max 4x45W + 2x35W)
- 6 independent channels for digital sound processing
- 6 independent high-precision delay channels
- A 3-band cross-over (12/24 dB/oct)
- 30-band Graphical Equalizer (an equivalent Parametric Equalizer is planned to be implemented as an option)
- Independent control of the stereo base for 3 pairs of stereo channels.
- An embedded generator of the test and measurement signals
- Media: CD-DA, CD-ROM(-R,-RW); Also supports mixed CDs.
- Filesystems: Multisession ISO9660/Joliet, UDFS
- Compression formats: (AD)PCM, MP3, FLAC (OGG Vorbis support is planned). Supports WAV files containing (AD)PCM or MP3 data. Can play video (AVI, proprietary codec).
- CD-Text (for CD-DA), Tags (for compressed formats)
- Electronic antishock (~10sec for CD-DA, ~1.5Mb for compressed formats)
- Digital (hardware & software) radio signal processing
- FM (stereo), UKW (stereo)
- Frequency step is 10kHz (0.01MHz)
- Support for RDS, including time synchronization (Radiotext support is planned)
- Ability for "blindly" selecting a station (sound preview)
- Can repeat last 10 seconds of the radio translation without losing any information
- Graphical VFD display
- Intuitive control by a single button (an encoder)
- Animated menu
- Multiple language support for fonts and encodings (UNICODE-16).
- Voice comments (currently it only can say what time it is, but they plan that it will comment menus as you navigate)
- Support for common remote control units (2 different RCUs are shipped with the device). It can read IR-codes from your remote and assign it to do any supported command.
- An embedded adapter for the car ECU (K-line interface is currently suppported), car diagnostic software (trip computer, code scanner, etc.) The Diagnostic software is not yet implemented, they say they plan to finish it by the end of the year 2005. It will support KWP2000 protocol at first. More protocols may be added later if users request.
- High-speed proprietary MegaBUS interface (5MBit/sec):
* ATAPI BOX: An external device to support ATA-compatible devices (HDD, ATA CD/DVD). The ATAPI BOX development is in progress. It is not yet released.
* External sensors (not yet implemented)
* Link to a PC (not yet implemented)
Support & Software upgradability
- Firmware can easily be upgraded by the user. Just put the new version on the CD and insert it into CDD.
- User can upload animations (currently only video clips on CD are supported, not the animations).
- Can work as a trip computer/diagnostic device (not yet implemented)
- Non-volatile memory for all the settings
- Embedded real-time clock
- Calendar, alarm-clock, timer
- A notepad, voice recorder and games (these are not yet implemented)
- Power saving timeouts
- Support for hands free function (not yet implemented)
- Driving parameters monitoring (speed, etc.; not yet implemented)
- Multi-level anti-theft system (includes password protection, which is also good for keeping strangers away from your sound settings).
Last edited by shreyasma : 6th May 2010 at 11:53.
|6th May 2010, 23:24||#299|
Senior - BHPian
Not Ural either. Looks like a piece of junk from the 80's. Besides, it's just not got what I want. WHY would I play FLACS on CD's? I would rather, they add some USB support, which, sadly IS the way to go now :-)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|wanted an Alfa Romeo 156, bought an Eclipse now onto a Honda Accord||CaliforniaKnight||Luxury, Imports & Niche||45||19th July 2013 22:50|
|Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.||frankmehta||Sedans||108||18th August 2009 13:43|
|Getz ICE upgrade - Alpine HU, IDQ sub and Eclipse mono||PatienceWins||In-Car Entertainment||29||23rd August 2008 20:59|
|Will the Air Horns last as longer as Electric Horns ?||mithun||Modifications & Accessories||4||15th June 2006 11:05|
|Stebel Nautilus air horns||John||Technical Stuff||3||11th April 2006 13:37|