Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 18th October 2009, 12:23   #211

(Sorry for the double post. Is there an edit post or something?)

I just listened to my ICE for sometime and i find this continuous hiss(white nose i guess) in the background. The hiss is present till i turn my volume all the way to 0.

I previously found this problem after installation and Satya told me that the RCA cables need to be grounded. They did that and the problem seemed to be gone. But now i find that it is still there. Any explanations or solutions?
thetrancelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 15:54   #212
Senior - BHPian

Grounding problem, but not with RCAs. Get the vehicle and amp grounding points cleaned and connected again.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 19:43   #213
Senior - BHPian

Default Budget Install for Palio Stile 1.6

Hi guys,

A friend of mine has just bought a used 2007 Palio Stile 1.6 and we are in the process of installing a good system. Eventhough he would like sound quality, he does not want to spend too much on the system. He is planning to retain equipment from his previous car which consists of a Pioneer 5850 headunit & Sony XM-504Z 4-channel amplifier. The car already has 4 Blaupunkt speakers & a Blaupunkt India headuint. I believe the speakers are coaxial but not sure and fitted in the stock locations.

The setup we are planning is a good set of components for the front, coaxials at the rear & a good sub. Since we are retaining the 4-channel amp, we will drive the components with 2 channels & bridge the other 2 for the sub and drive the rear coaxials through the headunit. So we would only like to invest in good components, sub and wiring.

Since my friend listens to rock & instrumental music, what components & sub would you suggest to match the Sony amp? Also, do we require to have the car damped as I have been told that the Palio does not require damping as its doors & padding are very acoustic in nature unlike other cars. Are active subwoofers recommended in the above setup?

Gurus, require your feedback & suggestions.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 13:08   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Pioneer 5850 headunit & Sony XM-504Z 4-channel amplifier. The car already has 4 Blaupunkt speakers & a Blaupunkt India headuint.

Since my friend listens to rock & instrumental music, what components & sub would you suggest to match the Sony amp? Also, do we require to have the car damped.
JBL's GT5 series comes to mind.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 18:51   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has just bought a used 2007 Palio Stile 1.6 and we are in the process of installing a good system. Eventhough he would like sound quality, he does not want to spend too much on the system. He is planning to retain equipment from his previous car which consists of a Pioneer 5850 headunit & Sony XM-504Z 4-channel amplifier. The car already has 4 Blaupunkt speakers & a Blaupunkt India headuint. I believe the speakers are coaxial but not sure and fitted in the stock locations.

The setup we are planning is a good set of components for the front, coaxials at the rear & a good sub. Since we are retaining the 4-channel amp, we will drive the components with 2 channels & bridge the other 2 for the sub and drive the rear coaxials through the headunit. So we would only like to invest in good components, sub and wiring.

Since my friend listens to rock & instrumental music, what components & sub would you suggest to match the Sony amp? Also, do we require to have the car damped as I have been told that the Palio does not require damping as its doors & padding are very acoustic in nature unlike other cars. Are active subwoofers recommended in the above setup?

Gurus, require your feedback & suggestions.
Hi all,

We finally got the install done in my friend's Palio 1.6 & here's what we did - retained ALL the equipment.

Pioneer 5850 headunit, 2 pairs or 5" Blaupunkt coaxials (came with the car installed in stock locations), 4-channel Sony XM-504Z amplifier & an old 10" Pioneer subwoofer (its has a paper cone)

We used 2 channels for the front coaxials & bridged the other 2 channels for the sub in a sealed enclosure. The rear coaxials are connected to the headunit. We spent a good amount on quality wiring though.

You guys might not believe me but it sounds really really good; and this is coming from me, a guy who has a pretty good system in my Swift with the JBL 75.4 & JBL 301.1 and the likes!!! It really took me by surprise totally. Mind you, this being the most basic install ever without any damping either. I guess it was tuned really well.

This must be the most 'paisa vasool' music system & install ever. We ended up paying a total 8k and that too was only for good quality wiring & installation charges.

However, we are planning to upgrade to Illusion Electra components & probably a better sub & amp later on in probably 6 months or so. But as of now, really enjoying the current 'budget setup'.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 09:21   #216
BHPian

Hi all. I am intending to purchase Clarion FZ709E HU for my Palio. Can anyone who has already used Clarion brand or knows the brand pretty well suggest if it is a good one. It is retailing for $230-$250. TQ

And here's the link for the product page so that one can advice me after going through the specs. ( I don't know much about the technical stuff)

Clarion UK | FZ709E
vamsi.kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 10:13   #217
Team-BHP Support

Clarion makes good products. In India their service network is a bit patchy but otherwise I see no problems with buying Clarion.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:57   #218
BHPian

Thanks Mr.Navin for the advice. Did you happen to see the features of product in question as I am not acquainted with the tech bits of anything mechanical. I wanted to post the specs in the message but didn't as that would make the post too long.

Any way here's the brief list.

FZ709E FEATURES

Built-in Bluetooth hands-free (HFP & OPP) and audio streaming (A2DP & AVRCP)
MP3, WMA and iTunes® AAC compatible with ID3-TAG display
18 FM, 6 MW/LW radio station presets
RDS-EON tuner
iPod direct control via USB
Auxiliary input with level control (Rear mini jack)
Subwoofer level control
24-bit D/A converter
BBE MP for compressed audio sound improvement
Beat EQ for sound adjustment
Built-in High Pass Filter & Low Pass Filter
Touch sensor operation
Full dot OEL display
4-volt / 6-channel audio pre-out
4 × 50 Watt internal amplifier
OEM steering wheel remote wired interface capability
Remote control included
iPod video ready (optional CCA723 cable and universal monitor required)
External microphone included

So for around $230-$250 is that a good buy or are there any good enough alternatives.
Old 13th February 2010, 19:25   #219
BHPian

Hi all. While looking for a suitable HU for my Palio I came across Clarion FZ709E (the one mentioned in the post above) and mostly finalised that one. But as I had some more time to actually buy that one, I was casually looking for some HU. Then I came across JVC KD-AVX44 HU, which comes with almost all the features in Clarion HU plus DVD playback capability and also includes 3.5" LCD screen. But it sells at $100 more than the clarion HU. From the pictures I am thinking that the HU might be single din, though they haven't mentioned it (Some one please confirm).

Another thing is that Clarion claims that FZ709E HU being Mech less i.e., with negligible moving mechanical parts (as there is no cd or dvd drive) the HU would last longer. Some reviewers also mentioned that fact. Can some one confirm the same.

Here are the features of JVC KD-AVX44 HU

MOS-FET 50W x 4
Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Built-in 3.5-Inch Wide Monitor
USB Audio and Video for iPod etc. *
*KS-U20 required for iPod video playback. Compatibility depends on iPod.
GIGA MP3 MULTI
AAC*/WAV/MP3/WMA Compatible (DVD/CD/USB)
*Not compatible with DRM-protected music purchased from iTunes Store.
DivX®/JPEG/MPEG1,2 Compatible (DVD/CD/ USB*)
*DivX® files must be less than 2Mbps for playback on USB.
5.1-Channel DTS/5.1-Channel Dolby Digital/MPEG Audio
7-Band iEQ
Headphone Surround
5V Line/Subwoofer Output Level
Gold-Plated Output Terminals (Front / Rear / Subwoofer / Center Channel / Second Audio / Composite Video)
Gold-Plated AV Input Terminals
Motion Sensor
Touch Pad
TFT ON/OFF
Multilingual Display (English / Spanish / French / German / Italian / Dutch / Swedish / Danish / Russian)
Dual Zone Function
CD Changer Ready
High-Pass Filter (ON/Through)
Detachable Control Panel
Rear View Camera Ready

*** Source JVC India website www.jvc.co.in

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 13th February 2010 at 19:45. Reason: forgot to put the features of JVC HU.
Old 14th February 2010, 19:07   #220
BHPian

JVC AVX44 is single din. If you are looking for outright SQ then it should be the clarion. JVC is like jack of all trades but king of none (definitely not SQ). I say this because I have the same JVC in my car.

I just looked at the Clarion link and the clarion seems to be a far better bet than the JVC in terms of SQ.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 14th February 2010 at 19:09.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 22:09   #221
BHPian

Hi drvhplyevraftr

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way can you suggest a good location where I can get my ICE done in Hyd
Old 17th February 2010, 17:20   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
JVC AVX44 is single din. If you are looking for outright SQ then it should be the clarion. JVC is like jack of all trades but king of none (definitely not SQ). I say this because I have the same JVC in my car.

I just looked at the Clarion link and the clarion seems to be a far better bet than the JVC in terms of SQ.
I have JVC AVX-44 and Kenny x991 n i have heard Pioneer P80rs. What i find that kenny n pioneer r digitalizing the music too much at times and sounds artifical. JVC on the other hand gives excellent vocals when paired with my Kenwood 8401 bridged to PPI 356CS. Everyone has ther own opinion. I suggest to all to hear and then decide what kind of music one like.
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 11:17   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Thanks Mr.Navin for the advice. Did you happen to see the features of product in question[/b]

So for around $230-$250 is that a good buy or are there any good enough alternatives.
I'd check out the sound before the features. After a while the features get boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Everyone has ther own opinion. I suggest to all to hear and then decide what kind of music one like.
Which is why, Vamsi, that I asked you to do yourself a favour and listen to the components you buy.

I you are looking only at 2DIN stereos i'd recommend the Kenwood 503 or Alpine CDE 203. Both however are more expensive than $250. If JVC is your bag then the G700 is about $200.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:00   #224
Senior - BHPian

Having some weird issues with my cars ice, one the front left speaker isn't working which I guess could be a loose connection somewhere. second when i use the fader fading to front completely makes no difference as in sound comes from the rear ovals. Only fading to rear reduces the volume of the front speakers. Planning to get wiring checked soon but wanted to get the inputs of the gurus here as well
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 14:29   #225
Senior - BHPian

@bottle, which HU do you have? What else is there in your ICE?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote