Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th October 2010, 15:40   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Please call me Surya. ...
Sure. Not "Shoorjo"?

Why do you need to change the attenuation frequently? Are the tweeters too bright?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 17:07   #272
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late reply Aniruddha da

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sure. Not "Shoorjo"?
Actually it is pronounced as 'Shoorjo" but whenever i write my pet name, i spell it as 'Surya" [just like Aniruddha instead of Aniruddho] - You can call me Sumantra as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Why do you need to change the attenuation frequently? Are the tweeters too bright?
Not really - but some songs are too bright for my taste and i find it easier to change the dB level compared to changing the eq' of the HU.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 1st November 2010 at 17:10.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 18:33   #273
BHPian

After months of putting it off, I've finally upgraded the ICE setup of my Palio. The 5 year old Sony setup just had to go. I've got the following :-

Kenwood 7046BT HU
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Components
MB Quart Rear Ovals
16ga wiring for the Speakers
MDF Tray+Rings

Next, I need to get 4ch Amp and nice sub!

The pictures of the WIP install can be found here (My Silver Surfer : Palio 1.2 NV Sport)

Last edited by praful : 14th November 2010 at 18:36.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 22:05   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not really - but some songs are too bright for my taste and i find it easier to change the dB level compared to changing the eq' of the HU.
Quote:
i keep on changing the frequency?? (dB thingy).
My HU has a few presets I can program with different EQs. So while it is falt mostof teh time I do up the bass for some artists (recording engineers) and drop the bass for others. Remember everything is relative...Alpine HUs have made it easy to access subwoofer level control so it is very easy to dial in the right ammount of bass for a particlar album (I still listen to entire albums).
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 16:33   #275
Senior - BHPian

Navin Sir, the Pioneer 5150 also has a Sub-woofer level control (there are many options to select from apart from the sub-woofer control). But i donot have a sub in my car.

currently i have these: Pioneer 5150UB, JBL 608C and Pioneer 4 inchers (rear stock location). No amplifier, No Sub, No damping.
Old 16th November 2010, 10:07   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
After months of putting it off, I've finally upgraded the ICE setup of my Palio. The 5 year old Sony setup just had to go. I've got the following :-

Kenwood 7046BT HU
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Components
MB Quart Rear Ovals
16ga wiring for the Speakers
MDF Tray+Rings

Next, I need to get 4ch Amp and nice sub!

The pictures of the WIP install can be found here (My Silver Surfer : Palio 1.2 NV Sport)
Changed the MBQ's to JL Audio TR690 Txi for a more bass kickin setup! Stage 1 of my ICE overhaul is now complete! And the music sounds almost exactly the way I want it too...

Link! (My Silver Surfer : Palio 1.2 NV Sport)
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 11:20   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin Sir, the Pioneer 5150 also has a Sub-woofer level control (there are many options to select from apart from the sub-woofer control). But i donot have a sub in my car.

currently i have these: Pioneer 5150UB, JBL 608C and Pioneer 4 inchers (rear stock location). No amplifier, No Sub, No damping.
Still I ould urge you to use your HU's ton controls. My fear is one day all that XO changing will lead to a short somewhere. The switch on the XO was not designed to be used as a tone control. On option though if you really want to continue in that vein is to build a small L-lap with a potentiometer that could give you a greater degree of control. Many home audio speakers have such a system.

Last edited by navin : 16th November 2010 at 11:22.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:35   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Still I ould urge you to use your HU's ton controls.
Point noted - keep avoid using the dB control on the XO. usually keep at low treble position

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My fear is one day all that XO changing will lead to a short somewhere. The switch on the XO was not designed to be used as a tone control. On option though if you really want to continue in that vein is to build a small L-lap with a potentiometer that could give you a greater degree of control. Many home audio speakers have such a system.
This is scary. will avoid using it. What is this L-lap potentiometer?
I guess i will have to go to Shuvc for a tune up.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:44   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is this L-lap potentiometer?
I guess i will have to go to Shuvc for a tune up.
Sorry. Typo. I meant L-pad.
read the description here
L-PADS
Adjusting Signal Level

here is a calculator for fixed value Lpads.
L pad calculator - attenuation dB damping impedance decibel loudspeaker speaker - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

these are what Lpad Potentiometers look like...
Level Controls - Lpad - Europe Audio
Old 15th May 2013, 15:40   #280
BHPian

Default Re: The Palio ICE Thread

Hi all,

Bumping up this thread to seek advice on ICE upgrade for my Palio Stile.

My current humble setup on 5+ old car, which was installed when I bought the car -

HU: Sony XPLOD CDX GT460US
Front speakers in stock location: JBL CS2104 - 4"
Rear speakers in stock location: Sony, don't know the model.

What I want from the new/modified setup is richer sound. Sound clarity & quality is most important. I want every note to sound perfect/rich and clear. Would like some bass effect too. Quality should not degrade on higher volumes. I mostly listen to Bollywood stuff. I drive alone on my daily office commute, but the car runs full on weekends - be it in-city or (of late, frequent) highway trips.

With a budget of say, 10K-12K what setup can be done to achieve this? After reading up some ICE threads, my guess is Amp and Sub may be out of reach of this budget. So for now, looking for a HU which should be able to accomodate Amp & sub later. Are the current set of speakers any good to be retained or do I need to get all four replaced? Please suggest good Amp & Sub as well, which I can consider on top of this 10K (just in case I can a budget increase ). Do I need to do any damping? Installer reco as well please.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks, Prashanth
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 18:33   #281
BHPian

Default Music System & Speakers for Palio D 1.9 (2004 Model)

On Sunday, I have purchased a Fiat Palio D 1.9 Diesel Car (2004 Model). I still haven't driven the car, but I liked it when it was handled by the mechanic. Front and Backseat comfort is great. As of now, Its in the garage for some service and hopefully I get it on the weekend.

I would like to install a Music System with decent sounding speakers.

My Requirements:
- 1 Din Music System
- Should be capable of playing FLAC, MP3, WAV etc.
- Bluetooth (With Audio Streaming)
- Should have front USB, Aux and other goodies.
- Decent sounding Front & Rear Speakers. ( I exactly don't know the size of the front speakers, But it may not be more than 5 or 6 inches)

So far, I am thinking about Sony MEX-N4150BT . The main reason to select this one is, It can handle FLAC format files (Most of the times I hear music in FLAC only) as well as it offers Inbuilt Bluetooth.

My Budget will be 15 K and If needed, can be extended for another 5k. Your recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails
The Palio ICE Thread-paliod.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Language
Wildy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 11:22   #282
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Music System & Speakers for Palio D 1.9 (2004 Model)

I can think of two more options for FLAC and BT capable single DIN Head units.
http://pioneer-india.in/product/deh-x8750bt/
http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kmm-u51bt/

The Pioneer has 3 sets of preouts which may be useful if you want to add a subwoofer.
navin is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote