Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th October 2009, 20:52   #1
BHPian

Angry MP46 Problem

Let me come directly to the point.
I have Blaupunkt MP46 and I have been using it for almost 3 years now. It has been running like a dream until recently. Problem is, whenever I insert any MP3 Cd (New or old, doesn't matter), some time it plays the cd absolutely fine, some time it does not play, gives an error - CD Errror, if I take it out and put it back in and try it 3/4 times, it starts playing the same CD fine, some time, it reads the cd fine but there is no sound however at the same time if I switch to FM, it plays fine. I have recently cleaned the unit but no luck, the problem is still live. Any idea what is causing this ??
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 21:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

are you sure the CD is loading fine? My alpine HU sometimes accepts the CD, but it gets stuck somewhere in the loading mechanism
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 21:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Let me come directly to the point.
I have Blaupunkt MP46 and I have been using it for almost 3 years now. It has been running like a dream until recently. Problem is, whenever I insert any MP3 Cd (New or old, doesn't matter), some time it plays the cd absolutely fine, some time it does not play, gives an error - CD Errror, if I take it out and put it back in and try it 3/4 times, it starts playing the same CD fine, some time, it reads the cd fine but there is no sound however at the same time if I switch to FM, it plays fine. I have recently cleaned the unit but no luck, the problem is still live. Any idea what is causing this ??
Most of the older gen Blaupunkt heads have this problem. I had a Blaupunkt 'Indiana Polis' CD-38 head brought way back in 2003. After couple of years it had problems reading CDs. Took it to service station. Then worked good for about 18 months, after which again the same CD issue came up.
It used to work as though under a spell!! CD automatically ejects and then re-inserts all by itself after every 40 seconds. This happens for about 5-10 mins and suddenly the CD starts playing. Switch off the ignition, then the whole process repeats itself again, every time.
Ultimatley sold off this HU. There again it failed me miserably. The seconds audio dealer offered 750 bucks(since it doesnt play mp3s). I made sure that the ignition was never turned off and played it to him, he is ok. I didnt know what he had in mind, but before i could realise what is happening, he turned off the ignition and turned it on. As usual, it failed to play. i holded up the guy for about 3 mins after which he lost patience. Ultimatley sold it off for scrap value, 250 bucks
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 15:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
are you sure the CD is loading fine? My alpine HU sometimes accepts the CD, but it gets stuck somewhere in the loading mechanism
Some time CD loads and plays fine. Some time HU keeps reading the CD and does not happen anything and some time it shows CD Error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Most of the older gen Blaupunkt heads have this problem. As usual, it failed to play. i holded up the guy for about 3 mins after which he lost patience. Ultimatley sold it off for scrap value, 250 bucks
I like to see if MP46 falls under older gen catagory or not?
Old 14th October 2009, 15:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

@ anonymous, Use a lens cleaning CD, time to get it cleaned.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@ anonymous, Use a lens cleaning CD, time to get it cleaned.
Tried it, didn't work at all.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:06   #7
BHPian

Time to get your lens change :-) , & it will work .
passion4cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 20:16   #8
BHPian

If I were you, I will save all the trouble and upgrade to a new HU with atleast 2 years warranty. Peace of mind!
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote