Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th February 2010, 07:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Hence I went for the sound processor & retained the stock HU.
Which sound processor did you buy and for how much?.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 08:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
JBL 1004 - 10k! Where?
Delhi grey price!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 18:21   #33
BHPian

any other choice in 10K other than JBL 1004?
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 09:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
any other choice in 10K other than JBL 1004?
check ground zero ~ 11K with B/W. PM Low_bass_makker. He represents GZ, Illusion in Delhi/NCR.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

Panky, I suspect LBM represents all brands that Ajay Kamath (B&T) represents. Ajay no longer represents Hermit Audio.

B&T and LBM can clear things up directly.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 00:02   #36
BHPian

Hey! was looking around the forum after AGES, specifically at the Linea/Punto threads. I was planning on getting a Punto and the thing is the OEM HU is just too nice to lose out on. I currently have a Swift and here's my setup:
Sony 4 ch amp
Jbl 2 ch amp
jbl front components
Pioneer co-axs at the back
2 mid range round speakers on the rear doors
Pioneer Sub

Think I can salvage anything from my setup and use with the OEM HU in the Punto?
If not, can i upgrade the HU and get the steering wheel controls to work with the after market HU?
I've searched around a bit but haven't found anything conclusive. I understand I may need a sound processor??
I can probably spend a little bit later on, right now though I'm on an extremely tight budget.

Thanks!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 11:20   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Sony 4 ch amp
Jbl 2 ch amp
jbl front components
Pioneer co-axs at the back
2 mid range round speakers on the rear doors
Pioneer Sub
I can probably spend a little bit later on, right now though I'm on an extremely tight budget.
Since you are on a budget I recommend trying to use as many of your older components as possible. Without looking at the condition of the components it is diffcult to say what is re-useable and what is not but I am assuming that all your components are re-usable. In which case all you will need to pay for RCA and speaker wires, damping, and install labour (asuming the pioneer subwoofer came in a box).

1. Your OEM HU probably will not come with pre amp out so you will need a speaker level to line level adapter for teh amps (check if your amps have a speaker level input though - if they do you can use that instead).

2. Your OEM HU will only have 4 speakers outs that means your subwoofer will have to wired along with your rear speakers. This means that you cannot control the relative level of the suwoofer from inside the car.

That said I'd use the Sony amp for the rear speakers and subwoofer and the JBL amp for the JBL components.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Since you are on a budget I recommend trying to use as many of your older components as possible. Without looking at the condition of the components it is diffcult to say what is re-useable and what is not but I am assuming that all your components are re-usable. In which case all you will need to pay for RCA and speaker wires, damping, and install labour (asuming the pioneer subwoofer came in a box).

1. Your OEM HU probably will not come with pre amp out so you will need a speaker level to line level adapter for teh amps (check if your amps have a speaker level input though - if they do you can use that instead).

2. Your OEM HU will only have 4 speakers outs that means your subwoofer will have to wired along with your rear speakers. This means that you cannot control the relative level of the suwoofer from inside the car.

That said I'd use the Sony amp for the rear speakers and subwoofer and the JBL amp for the JBL components.
Thanks Navin. The equipment is in good condition. I take care of it. I love my sound!
My current setup is as you said, the JBL components on the JBL amp and the Rear Speakers and sub on the Sony.
So I'm thinking I may just change the HU. I mean as much as I want to keep it, I know I'm not going to get the sound and the choice of configuration I'd get with an aftermarket HU. Changing the HU voids my warranty? Like just the warranty on the electricals or my complete car warranty ??
Also, any suggestions on a decent HU? I'd like for it to have a built in Bluetooth. Is it at least possible to connect the volume buttons on the Punto's steering wheel to the HU?

Can spend around 15k for the HU.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:45   #39
BHPian

The Punto Audio Head Unit is good and should match well with the JBL speakers. Currently I found the JBL is the best in acoustic reproduction.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote