Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th November 2009, 23:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

@devarshi84

You are the one who introduced the installer to the girl for the speaker installation.

No where in your post saying that you have spoken to the installer about this issue.
You could have done that first and later started a thread about this.

Any way the installer responded , and waiting for the reply from your side.

Last edited by wildon : 6th November 2009 at 23:51.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 00:00   #17
BHPian

@devarshi84 - Awating your response.

I'm sure its a misunderstanding and can be sorted out pretty easily with just a phone call. Plus you have the explanation right here from the installer.

By the way, I dont think that the speaker model really matter at any point of time. Its the sound quality. I personally have had ICE done for my 2 cars, Corsa and i20 from Satya and I never told him what to do.

Just give him my budget and he does it all! I'm very happy with his installations and dont really care what model of ICE is in there (certainly think of brands and suggest him) until its sounding the way I want it too..

Enjoy the music and drive happy!
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 00:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Chill out Jaggu, I'm not targeting you or anything. Title's changed anyway, right? Which means what some of us were saying was true, and has been acknowledged as such.

As for the sarcasm, well

And am not targeting you either! earlier title also didnt have any mention of the installer? or did i miss that? As far as i could read, installer has replied in a very matured manner, others who have had work done from him has also supported him, fair enough.

But i dont think we need people who are not associated in this case, supporting him or bashing either parties. That will look like being biased to me atleast, and that definitely will not be associated with freedom of speech.

If it was a case of changing the title thread, which is unfair, one can always use "Report post" function, atleast thats what i do.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 10:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

devarshi I can vouch for this chap and his genuineness when it comes to ICE. I speak from experience since I have gotten all my cars done from Satya's place.My most recent experience, swapped 3 sub boxes and all for free. I kept re-iterating that I am not satisfied with the bass and he heard me out.Changed the box for the 3rd time without a fuss !!

Am sure this has to be a mis-understanding and would request you to ask your friend to clarify here on this forum.There could have been some form of mis-communication between your friend and Satya.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 00:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I recommended Satya after reading a lot about him on Team-bhp and finding his suggestion helpful during my own car install. I am not playing a blame game here but just trying to get a problem resolved.

my friend insists that she went to Satya because he quoted the GTO speakers cheaper than Hyundai guys. Price and models dont come into the picture at all. She would've got the install done at Hyundai itself.

@Satya: thanks for clearing the issue with BIll and serial numbers. For a new customer it always is 'caveat Emptor' unless assured by the retailer in good faith.

I will try my best to get this small problem resolved considering the price paid for the speakers is fair. She is reading the thread and am sure will be thrilled to know she hasnt been duped but infact been given a better choice. Which will also make her system sound sweeter to her.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 08:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@Devarshi, let's look at it like this : irrespective of the actual model got, your friend is getting the genuine JBL stuff with B&W. The price is a little less than what the Hyundai dealer quoted. If your friend IS happy with the output, then IMO we cannot in fault Satya. Details like models being out of date etc are not often given by dealers - esp the guys who are selling them.

Typically, when we (normal customers who arent ICE savvy) go for ICE shopping, we go with a rough idea of what we want. A certain brand of components, and may be some models - as told by some one (may be a dealer). Now we dont know how this brand compares with others in the market, or how the few models we know of compare with others that are in the market. The products we were first referred to become a yardstick. So when an alternative is offered, the alternatives are compared to the products we first came to know of. The trick here is to forget the model numbers, and look at the SQ & how it sounds. The model number is only to identify the particular speaker .. it's the output that will count.

One thing your friend could have done is compare the JBL's with other brands to see which sound she liked better. There's nothing wrong with JBL's - they are a good choice when it comes to budget ICE setups. And with ICE, the sky is the limit.

Like Riju, Phoenix & other BHP-ians, I too have been getting my ICE done by Satya. I have sometimes been a little fussy about the product selection, but Satya has always helped me with this. I have tried other ICE & accessories shops including a couple of big ones (non-TBHP-ian) and also JC Road. About JC Road, the less said the better. I have tried dealer provided ICE, and from my prev experiences, I will not go that way again.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 09:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devarshi84
He said that he would do the installation with front set of speakers and GTO 638 series included in Rs. 4300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
So I promised to provide a GT5 S204 and a S265 at the rear for 4300 bucks with wiring and installation.
I'm confused.. This might be the root cause of the misunderstanding
The above might be an understatement

Devarshi, please ask your friend to jog her memory and check if that was what Really Satya promised.

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th November 2009 at 09:15.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 09:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

As many BHPians me too did ICE installation from Satya's shop. I am happy with the setup and the deal I got from them. I think the above issue is a minor misunderstanding.

Only issue I faced with Satya's shop is I lost my Genuine GM front console sticker box (cost 1200) which was kept outside the car during ICE installation. It was picked by a ragpicker :-))))))
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 12:36   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
She checked for the prices for a GTO 638 series Rear speakers which cost her 4500 at the Hyundai showroom.

On my request she called Satya. He said that he would do the installation with front set of speakers and GTO 638 series included in Rs. 4300.

She got the speakers installed but found out that the speakers installed were not GTO 638 but GT5 S265 6.5 at the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
So I promised to provide a GT5 S204 and a S265 at the rear for 4300 bucks with wiring and installation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
my friend insists that she went to Satya because he quoted the GTO speakers cheaper than Hyundai guys.
From what I can see yuor friend wanted GTO 638 speakers she got a pair of GT5-S204 and a pair of GT5-S265.

Dev, Did your friend choose GTO638 after listening to them and comparing them to other models/brands or was this her choice only beucase that is what Hyundai was offering? As a person who if often asked for recomendations I insist that the person first fix a budget and listen to ATELAST 3 brands/models with his/her OWN music before making an INFORMED choice. Otherwise you end up with misunderstandings and a mis-match of expectations.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote