Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th November 2009, 16:22   #31
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Adi,

I had this Sony amp (don't remember the model, but it was 4-ch black thingy) in my 800 which was trying to power a pair of Infinity 6.5" components, a pair of 937s, and it failed miserably. I had to change it to 60.4. I wouldn't put my money on those amps powering subs.
Hey Raghu,

Thanks for the advice.
The Sony 2 ch amp was bought a long time back (approx 1.6 yrs back).
No matter what i buy next for my car ICE it'll not include SONY.
How does the 60.4 perform??.I'm looking for a 4 ch amp to power components and a woofer.
adishenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 19:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
Hey Raghu,

Thanks for the advice.
The Sony 2 ch amp was bought a long time back (approx 1.6 yrs back).
No matter what i buy next for my car ICE it'll not include SONY.
How does the 60.4 perform??.I'm looking for a 4 ch amp to power components and a woofer.
The 60.4 is a decent amplifier for speakers, but I would definitely recommend something better for a sub. And, CS series is long discontinued, so you'll have to go with GT5/GTO.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 18:13   #33
BHPian

hey shenoy, just checkout these suggestions:
1) servicing your 470 depends on which servicing centre did that job , anyways now as you have 5150 in your ride congratulations, smart choice.
2) i will suggest you to retain your 2ch sony amp for the front components.Most of basic 4ch amps available are around 50rmsx4 ch or max to max if you spend more you will get 75rmsx4ch , you will be underpowering your subwoofer with these 4ch.

Let me make it simpler , choose a nice pair of 6" comp and power them by your existing sony 2ch , get a basic mono amp delivering around 300rmsx1 ch just for your woofer where as let the rear speakers be played directly from your HU.

this will result giving you a clean high and mids in the front , a decent rear fill and a very defined bass from your woofer.
let your woofer play up to its potential .
cheers !!
Ravi Nandrajog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 20:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Nandrajog View Post
hey shenoy, just checkout these suggestions:
1) servicing your 470 depends on which servicing centre did that job , anyways now as you have 5150 in your ride congratulations, smart choice.
2) i will suggest you to retain your 2ch sony amp for the front components.Most of basic 4ch amps available are around 50rmsx4 ch or max to max if you spend more you will get 75rmsx4ch , you will be underpowering your subwoofer with these 4ch.

Let me make it simpler , choose a nice pair of 6" comp and power them by your existing sony 2ch , get a basic mono amp delivering around 300rmsx1 ch just for your woofer where as let the rear speakers be played directly from your HU.

this will result giving you a clean high and mids in the front , a decent rear fill and a very defined bass from your woofer.
let your woofer play up to its potential .
cheers !!
The 470 was serviced at a Sony Authorized service center.But the 5150 is an awesome Upgrade from the 470.

I can't afford a mono amp I have a max budget of about 12K in which i was planning to buy a 4ch amp and Comps.
But i loved your advice.The rears are not important to me and will probably get rid of the Sony 6x9's.But can components give me the best quality when used with my Sony 2 ch amp??
Which is the best 2 ch Amp (in my budget) which i can use to power my sub?
Old 30th November 2009, 21:11   #35
BHPian

yes why not your sony 2ch amp can comfortably power a pair of basic jbl components.
i think in 12 k you can get a basic jbl 2way component and a basic mono amp.
dont get rid of your rear fill you wont get a good deal on them , retain them orelse there would be a vaccum in the rear.
thnx
Old 1st December 2009, 00:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Nandrajog View Post
yes why not your sony 2ch amp can comfortably power a pair of basic jbl components.
i think in 12 k you can get a basic jbl 2way component and a basic mono amp.
dont get rid of your rear fill you wont get a good deal on them , retain them orelse there would be a vaccum in the rear.
thnx
I don't want to compromise on the components to install a mono.

I didn't get the rear vaccum part Ravi, please elaborate.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:27   #37
BHPian

Hi , by that vaccum i meant, when you dont have rear speakers there will be no music in rear , just front would be playing.lol
Ok you can go for jbl gto 2 way, morel tempo 2way and many other brands in the range of 5k -6k