Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th March 2007, 10:10   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Exister,Kicker is a respected brand. However their reputation is better than their current range of products.
Please do listen to them before you pay for them.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 11:31   #47
BHPian

Thanks Sam...
I shall listen to them & compare with JBL, since these were the first I had locked on.
I shall purely follow the rule, hear before buy.
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 11:36   #48

Red face Head UNit

Hi guys,

I have been following the thread for some time. and my time has come to buy a HU and speaker system for my Swift VXi. Please advice:

1) Which HU is better Soney 350s or Blaupunkt, I was told by the dealer tah Blau is better than Sony.

2) Secondly, Speakers I am going for Components in front and co axial in the rear door. For speakers which is better JBL or Blau.

I am not going for Amp and Subs.

Can you please tell me the authorised dealer and Service center for JBL in Bangalore

Thanks in advance

Adi
adi_nanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 13:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_nanda View Post

1) Which HU is better Soney 350s or Blaupunkt, I was told by the dealer tah Blau is better than Sony.

2) Secondly, Speakers I am going for Components in front and co axial in the rear door. For speakers which is better JBL or Blau
Adi, welcome to tbhp ICE!

I'd prefer Blau over Sony anyday. I've been using a Blau HU (Casablanca) for about two and a half years,and it hasn't given me any trouble. I can't say the same for peoole I know who are using Sony HUs.

Also the Blau service network is much much better (and friendlier in my experience).

Why don't you also consider Pioneer and Alpine? The reason I'm saying this is that in the medium to higher-end bracket, Blau's HUs at the B&W price are not VFM. Pio's newer HUs are really good and are real VFM (at grey prices, of course).

About speakers, both are good brands.Listen to both and let your ears choose
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 13:20   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

2) Secondly, Speakers I am going for Components in front and co axial in the rear door. For speakers which is better JBL or Blau.
I have not heard the Sony so why not listen to both an tell us your opinion? Same with the speakers. Also do you have any model numbers for the speakers?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 17:07   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Adi, welcome to tbhp ICE!

I'd prefer Blau over Sony anyday. I've been using a Blau HU (Casablanca) for about two and a half years,and it hasn't given me any trouble. I can't say the same for peoole I know who are using Sony HUs.

Also the Blau service network is much much better (and friendlier in my experience).

Why don't you also consider Pioneer and Alpine? The reason I'm saying this is that in the medium to higher-end bracket, Blau's HUs at the B&W price are not VFM. Pio's newer HUs are really good and are real VFM (at grey prices, of course).

About speakers, both are good brands.Listen to both and let your ears choose
Thanks guys,

well a new issue has come up.........I am confussed on how to put the tweeter on the dashboard. I do not want to shabby cutting and fixing. please advice

thanks in advance
Adi
adi_nanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 09:15   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
am confussed on how to put the tweeter on the dashboard. I do not want to shabby cutting and fixing.
in many cars (like the Swift) the possible alterantes for a tweeter are:

a) A Pillars - it requires cutting but is a flush mount and can look neat. However when you sell your car you either sell the tweeters or sell the car with 2 2 holes in the A pillars.

b) Front Doors - it also requires cutting and is flush mounted and again when you sell the car.....

c) Dash - Surface mount. I find this looks ugly and the tweeter can get disloged by an overzealous car cleaner.

Choose your poison or use coax (which I assume you cant do since you have already bought the components).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote