Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th November 2009, 22:45   #1
BHPian

Default Scorpio - ICE M Hawk VLX- Existing ICE replacement ?

I just got my M Hawk delivered Yesterday . This is a VLX Version and has inbuilt ICE

Following are the queries i have

1. The ICE we have is from Nippon and is a Double DIN . Has any one tried changing just the speakers in the Front doors and the back to check if there is any improvement in the clarity ?

2. If yes whats the speaker setup ?

3. Whats the Wattage of the HU in the system ?

4. Is it suggested to use a 4 Channel AMP ?

5 .The current HU has connectivity with Steering controls . Has any one tried connecting a 3rd party HU and still able to connect to the Steering controls ? ( Say a Pioneer , Sony , JVC , Kenwood )

One of the ICE specalist in Kormanagala has suggested mutant speakers for front ( Top end ) 4 channel AMP + 8 inch down firing sub + 2 components on the back door . Has anyone tried this setup ?
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 20:17   #2
BHPian

I see you have replaced the head unit of your VLX. So does that mean that the answers to all your questions above was No? I have the same questions as I take delivery of my MHawk next week. No plans to replace HU immediately. As I have a Pioneer woofer and a Sony 4 channel amp from my previous car, I'm wondering if it is possible to use the same with the Nippon.

I also heard from a source that Mahindra sometimes buys back the HU. Is this true?
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, i too have a VLX & trust me, you wont notice any appreciable difference in the sound quality until & unless you change the HU.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 14:28   #4
BHPian

hi everyone
Those people who are buying the the Scorpio VLX series , i think the ICE system in this particular model is not that good considering the amount we are shelling out (nearly 11.5 lacs ). I think its high time the moderators and the team need to take it up with mahindra to correct the same.
prithvi_seln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 14:42   #5
BHPian

End of the day can you please share what have you installed in your car , so that we can also try to replicate it
prithvi_seln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

ICE in my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...pio-2-2-a.html

Front compos: Vtrek
Rear co-axials: Sony 400W 3 way
JBL 1215 basstube

(Install something better than the above if you have a budget!)

Amp: JBL GT5-S644
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 12:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey guys, i too have a VLX & trust me, you wont notice any appreciable difference in the sound quality until & unless you change the HU.
I changed all the speakers to Lightning Audio and also added an Amp (Same LA). The sound improved very much.
However, the HU that comes with enough RCAs to add the rear speakers into the AMP.
I have bought a new JVC dual din, will post my experience soon after I change that.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote