Team-BHP - Alpine CDE-100EUB is Panasonic?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Alpine CDE-100EUB is Panasonic? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/69612-alpine-cde-100eub-panasonic.html)

HI,
Last week I had been to Jawahar car audio in GP road , Chennai to get my Ritz ICE'd, but came back home as it was raining heavily. However spent time discussing the various ICE options I can fit my bill. One interesting topic came when I fell in love with the Alpine CDE-100EUB(INR 8400), the newly launched base versions. But to my shock I was informed that even thought the body of the HU is Alpine what is within is a Panasonic unit. Is this shockingly true, or was I distracted to get the 9874 (INR 8800)without the USB.

Need your expert advice guys.please:

Am no expert lol:, but looks like the dealer/seller is pulling a fast one on you. CDE-100, though has an USB, is has only one-pre out, that severely limits your upgrade options, on the other hand, 9874, has only the AUX and no USB. If you are not "particular" about the USB, would suggest 9874. Hope that helps.

Is there a better Alpine HU with USB as well as 2-3 pre-amp outs?

Dont know if it's better or not but you could look at an Alpine 9886, inbuilt USB 3 pre outs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyguru (Post 1587605)
But to my shock I was informed that even thought the body of the HU is Alpine what is within is a Panasonic unit. Is this shockingly true, or was I distracted to get the 9874 (INR 8800)without the USB. Need your expert advice guys.please:

1. who told you that the Alpine is a Panasonic?
2. Panasonic makes good stuff they just dont know how to market it well!

that said the 9886 (like Blueraven suggested) will suit you better.

Panasonic is also one of the biggest OE source for most other ICE manufacturers - both at component (CD drive, display etc.) as well as at board level. Even then, I doubt a finished Panasonic unit will be rebadged as Alpine.

I doubt Jawahar Audio has either of them, 8.8k for a 9874 sounds a bit too low, stay away.

Check out for the new alpine 105 mp3 player with usb as well as 3 rca outs approximately around 16k officially.

Navin,
It was the installer at Jawahar who mentioned it was a Panasonic unit on an Alphine. It was an argument, which i wanted to confirm who wins :).
Saying that Iam looking at buying the [COLOR=#800080]JVC KW-XG700[/COLOR] 2 DIN online from sonicelectronix. Its $188+$50 for shipping.

Smart deal?

hey the deal sounds pretty cool.Also check 6050ub pioneer a 2 din player with b&w would be a better deal.

Hey, any idea how much it costs? with B/w??

bought one yesterday for 8k after some heavy bargaining

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1894172)
bought one yesterday for 8k after some heavy bargaining

Congrats buddy! , how does it sound?

build quality is a bit flimsy compared to my 9870, but hey, it has aux in, USB, and a volume knob for about the same price!

SQ is superb as always, and paired with hertz comps + coax, fills up a scorpio with sound quite nicely

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 1597603)
Dont know if it's better or not but you could look at an Alpine 9886, inbuilt USB 3 pre outs.

Whats the price of alpine 9886?