Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 21:32   #1
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default What are the correct Enclosure Dimensions for this SUB

Hi Gurus,

I was having a look at the sub with the sub with the following specifications.

Diameter woofer 300 mm (12")
Max. Power 600 Watts
RMS Power 200 Watts
Impedance 4 Ohm
Frequency response 30 -1,000 Hz
Hole circle 297,0 mm

Thiele/Small-parameter

Fres 28 Hz
Qts 0,56
Qes 0,62
Qms 6,6
Vas 61 litres
Xmax +/- 8 mm

I could figure out that this sub will be best suited for a sealed enclosure. I have worked out some enclosure specifications - can you help me to validate if they look fine to you

Qtc is taken to be 0.865 and the Vb (Enclosure volume) comes out to 44.014 Litres or 1.55 CuFt

The L, W, D are taken to be 14, 14.5 & 18 I plan to use a 0.75" thick MDF to fabricate this enclosure.

For a sub which is of a normal size do these enclosure specifications look okay to you? I plan to start working on the enclosure fabrication over this weekend or next weekend
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:01   #2
BHPian
 
thelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 278
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

If you want to audition this sub in a 44 litre sealed box, let me know.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:08   #3
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
If you want to audition this sub in a 44 litre sealed box, let me know.
Sure - do we say tomorrow is a good time to do it? I'd like to audition your sub too (don't have a sub currently)
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:29   #4
BHPian
 
thelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 278
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Sure no problem. Looking at the specifications, I could figure that it was the Blaupunkt sub. I have tried it 4 different enclosures and the sound signature varied tremendously with each design.

First, it was a 1cu. ft. sealed box, somehow didn't like the bass. It was more of a tight kick than a smooth thump. Second attempt, a 1.7 cu. ft. ported box, the bass was more like a single-note boom. Third attempt, 1.8 cu. ft. sealed box, the sub went really low but again wasn't the exact sound I was looking for. And finally, a 1.55 cu. ft sealed box, slight compromise on low end extension from the previous box but it was optimum mix.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:36   #5
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Sure no problem. Looking at the specifications, I could figure that it was the Blaupunkt sub. I have tried it 4 different enclosures and the sound signature varied tremendously with each design.

First, it was a 1cu. ft. sealed box, somehow didn't like the bass. It was more of a tight kick than a smooth thump. Second attempt, a 1.7 cu. ft. ported box, the bass was more like a single-note boom. Third attempt, 1.8 cu. ft. sealed box, the sub went really low but again wasn't the exact sound I was looking for. And finally, a 1.55 cu. ft sealed box, slight compromise on low end extension from the previous box but it was optimum mix.
It is indeed a blaupunkt sub - I deliberately avoided naming the brand - because I wanted unbiased opinions. I can figure out that you too are running a Blaupunkt.
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:42   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
It is indeed a blaupunkt sub - I deliberately avoided naming the brand - because I wanted unbiased opinions. I can figure out that you too are running a Blaupunkt.
Yes he is. BTW i hope you have sorted the wiring in the trunk ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:56   #7
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
BTW i hope you have sorted the wiring in the trunk ?
The wiring has Not yet been rearranged- that's the reason I've been avoiding meeting you since our last meet( I am scared that you might post a pic of it in the Bad Installs thread)

The reason is that off late I've been busy with a few other things, not relating to auto-mobo's or ice (read Philately), I'd do it once the Sub Goes in...(I need carpets, Cutouts on the MDF plank on which sub is mounted which I plan to fix along with the enclosure) and then will call for a meet

btw - where can I get this in the city?

Last edited by sonirohit : 5th December 2009 at 23:00.
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 23:49   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Well you can get a similar one from Sector 35, buts its rectangular and not of very good quality like MX ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
The wiring has Not yet been rearranged- that's the reason I've been avoiding meeting you since our last meet( I am scared that you might post a pic of it in the Bad Installs thread)

The reason is that off late I've been busy with a few other things, not relating to auto-mobo's or ice (read Philately), I'd do it once the Sub Goes in...(I need carpets, Cutouts on the MDF plank on which sub is mounted which I plan to fix along with the enclosure) and then will call for a meet

btw - where can I get this in the city?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my 15inch sub's enclosure issue! rider60 In-Car Entertainment 16 30th January 2008 09:12
Help wanted -- Building a Sub Enclosure WasavaTyres In-Car Entertainment 39 18th August 2007 21:51
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 In-Car Entertainment 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Need info on Sub and enclosure Gtea In-Car Entertainment 30 22nd December 2006 14:31
Fiberfill for Sub enclosure madbullram In-Car Entertainment 18 5th November 2006 00:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks