Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st January 2010, 15:42   #1

Default ICE Upgrade for my punto

Hi guys

I read through some of the threads on ICE-ing the Punto, but I could not find the info I am looking for. My problem is that the current HU does not have a USB connection, or Aux-In cable point. Some of the car accessory guys I have called up say that the original Blaupunkt Aux-In is hard to find, and suggested that I use 3rd party Blaupunkt compatible cable. The rear fixture into the HU is a pin-type. Is it safe to use the 3rd party replacements?

My second query relates to what are the maximum speakers the in-car HU can support? Today I had a look at Hertz DSK165 (component system) for the front and DCX 130 for the back. Are these systems good? Alternatively, I thought I might go for a DCX 165 for the front as well. I need the wattage on the front to be 120~150/speaker and rear to be around 60~80/speaker. From the other threads, I guess fitting the tweeters of the DSK 165 might be a problem. My music are needs mostly Jazz, Classic Rock (the occasional Rammstein), and Instrumental/Fusion.

Cheers
ashwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 19:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. For the Blau Aux-in cable, don't go to accessory shops. Go to Mandovi Motors in Wilson Garden or on Kanakapura Road.

2. Listen to the speakers to decide whether you like the sound signature or not. The wattage numbers do not matter so much, unless you want to use the ICE as PA system!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. For the Blau Aux-in cable, don't go to accessory shops. Go to Mandovi Motors in Wilson Garden or on Kanakapura Road.

2. Listen to the speakers to decide whether you like the sound signature or not. The wattage numbers do not matter so much, unless you want to use the ICE as PA system!

Thanks DerAlte.

No PA system, just wanted a decent speaker and not blow my budget.

But, thanks to the BHP threads, I got the phone number of Satya (EVO). Will be going down on Monday to talk my options.
Old 14th January 2010, 16:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:

hi DerAlte i searched ebay , fiat forum and i found this seller in italy who has the aux cable for the Grande punto . will this work on my punto.?

Cavo AUX Mp3 Blaupunkt Alfa 159, Fiat 500, Grande Punto on eBay (end time 04-Feb-10 07:57:51 GMT)

there is also the another one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320429476010

which one is the right one.?

Last edited by amulu10 : 14th January 2010 at 16:18.
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 09:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that's the standard Aux-in cable for Blau HUs. It is available with authorized Blaupunkt dealers for 500-600. Check on their India website for a dealer near you.
Old 15th January 2010, 10:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's the standard Aux-in cable for Blau HUs. It is available with authorized Blaupunkt dealers for 500-600. Check on their India website for a dealer near you.
i am sorry ,which one is it ? the one in the first link or the second one.?
Old 15th January 2010, 10:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

The first one, with the yellow ISO connector. This is for the OE HUs for Fiat vehicles (in this case GP and Linea).

The second one, with the ISO blue connector, is for Blaupunkt HUs with a model name/number, "Bahamas MP36". This also has the cable for connecting CD Changers (look closely in the pic in the 2nd link - there are 2 black cables coming out of the blue ISO connector).
Old 15th January 2010, 12:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
The first one, with the yellow ISO connector. This is for the OE HUs for Fiat vehicles (in this case GP and Linea).

The second one, with the ISO blue connector, is for Blaupunkt HUs with a model name/number, "Bahamas MP36". This also has the cable for connecting CD Changers (look closely in the pic in the 2nd link - there are 2 black cables coming out of the blue ISO connector).
thanks Deralte for your help!
Old 17th January 2010, 08:35   #9

Just to update Satya(EVO) had a 3rd part OEM cable for the HU. It works very well, and I can play songs off my iPhone/iPod. I need to upgrade my audio, and have been meaning to go back for the last two weeks *sigh*
Old 17th January 2010, 11:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinks View Post
Just to update Satya(EVO) had a 3rd part OEM cable for the HU. It works very well, and I can play songs off my iPhone/iPod. I need to upgrade my audio, and have been meaning to go back for the last two weeks *sigh*
Hi Ashwin, there are quite a few user with id Satya and EVO. Can you please let me know his user id as well. I have always wanted the iPOD cable which lets you browse through iPOD contents. Thx
diveshsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 14:00   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Hi Ashwin, there are quite a few user with id Satya and EVO. Can you please let me know his user id as well. I have always wanted the iPOD cable which lets you browse through iPOD contents. Thx
Divesh, do a search for Satyajit on the forum. I think his nick is blue*** something. I have forgotten the nick sorry :(

EVO is the accessories place he runs in Bangalore. I must say he has a great bunch of stuff at good prices. BTW, just to clarify you need to browse on the iPod and not on the HU. I usually load my favorite songs and put it on shuffle mode.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:47   #12

Quote:
A quick question, does the cable connect to the Headphones jack or the interface port of the iPod?
amitcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 12:23   #13
BHPian

Default Re: ICE Upgrade for my punto

Quote:
Divesh, do a search for Satyajit on the forum. I think his nick is blue*** something. I have forgotten the nick sorry :(

EVO is the accessories place he runs in Bangalore. I must say he has a great bunch of stuff at good prices. BTW, just to clarify you need to browse on the iPod and not on the HU. I usually load my favorite songs and put it on shuffle mode.

Satya's Id is blueraven316.
~~VinZ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote