Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 22:49   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Dont think people use much of these things these days; will be tough to configure too IMHO. Spend money on something else like a good sub and a mono amp.
but i need one of them since i will be using the stock integrated stereo which will sound shitty if i connect amps straight to it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 22:58   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

You could choose the alpine processor if you are not gonna play around too much EQ and TA or even xover. Alpine with its imprint tech can help you with that. If you choose for more custom tuning with EQ and other the better choice will be RF360.2. Your comps and sub will sound way better as these also give 8 band EQ atleast for the sub which could help if done right.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 00:06   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
You could choose the alpine processor if you are not gonna play around too much EQ and TA or even xover. Alpine with its imprint tech can help you with that. If you choose for more custom tuning with EQ and other the better choice will be RF360.2. Your comps and sub will sound way better as these also give 8 band EQ atleast for the sub which could help if done right.
im not going to touch it after it gets tuned by someone good at it. will the alpine be compatible with the stock stereo of my car?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:33   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im not going to touch it after it gets tuned by someone good at it. will the alpine be compatible with the stock stereo of my car?
Once the car goes for servicing and they remove the battery you might loose the settgins so save them somewhere.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 12:06   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Once the car goes for servicing and they remove the battery you might loose the settgins so save them somewhere.
which reminds me that i should also find my stereo code. but apparently to tune the rf360 you need a pocket pc or something like that.


also just need to finalise on the sub and the mono. what do you think about these. still havent got the concept ohm, would appreciate if you could tell me whether this would be a good combo.

alpine mrp-m500
  • RMS Power Per Channel Into 4 Ohms: 300W X 1
  • RMS Power Per Channel Into 2 Ohms: 500W X 1
alpine type r 15" dual coil 4ohm.
  • Power Handling Capacity (RMS): 750W
  • Power Handling Capacity (Peak): 2000W
will these 2 go together well? from what you guys told me earlier, this sub is a dual coil 4ohm, that means when i connect both coils to the amp it will become a 2ohm load. so i should take the 2 ohm power of the amp right? that means this sub will get 500w rms from the amp?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:14   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

RF is not all that difficult to tune once you get the hang of it. You could also download the software for the laptop that can be used. Incase of Alpine, it comes with Auto EQ and TA, where the Processor does the tuning itself as per the location of the speakers.

Alpine v-power monos are good choice under 300$. these putout raw power and good SQ compared to others. MRPm500 should do good job. However if you are going to power it with 15" with, its gonna run underrated. I would suggest 12" instead which will do a perfect job. Look around on ebay or sonicelectronix for a better deal.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:22   #37
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
RF is not all that difficult to tune once you get the hang of it. You could also download the software for the laptop that can be used. Incase of Alpine, it comes with Auto EQ and TA, where the Processor does the tuning itself as per the location of the speakers.

Alpine v-power monos are good choice under 300$. these putout raw power and good SQ compared to others. MRPm500 should do good job. However if you are going to power it with 15" with, its gonna run underrated. I would suggest 12" instead which will do a perfect job. Look around on ebay or sonicelectronix for a better deal.
is there any problem running it underrated? it says 750w rms is max so 500w should be enough right? and 500w rms to a 15" will probably give me more bass than 500w rms to a 12". is that correct?

your talking about this alpine processor right?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+PXE-H650.html

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th February 2010 at 13:25.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:51   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
is there any problem running it underrated? it says 750w rms is max so 500w should be enough right? and 500w rms to a 15" will probably give me more bass than 500w rms to a 12". is that correct?
Running 12 or 15 with 500w will not have much of audible difference, efficiency on 15 will be slightly better than 12. 15 can go lower but at the sametimes 15 may sound a bit sloppy as it also has more moving mass than 12. If you looking something more tighter 10 would be ideal but with general logic is to have 12 which can go lower and sound tight too.
Going with 15 with 500rms you may require to build slightly bigger enclosure to compensate for the less rated power the sub can handle. I had mention this earlier also its like playing 50 or 70rms comps with HU putting out 18rms. That's one of the reason we add external amps so that the comps play cleaner compared to the HU that puts out.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 21:51   #39
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Running 12 or 15 with 500w will not have much of audible difference, efficiency on 15 will be slightly better than 12. 15 can go lower but at the sametimes 15 may sound a bit sloppy as it also has more moving mass than 12. If you looking something more tighter 10 would be ideal but with general logic is to have 12 which can go lower and sound tight too.
Going with 15 with 500rms you may require to build slightly bigger enclosure to compensate for the less rated power the sub can handle. I had mention this earlier also its like playing 50 or 70rms comps with HU putting out 18rms. That's one of the reason we add external amps so that the comps play cleaner compared to the HU that puts out.
so ive pretty much decided on the r type 12" sub since you guys are saying its a better choice than the 15" to go with the m500 amp.

now i need to decide on the 4 channel amp. any suggestions? the front components and rear 6x9s are 110w and 100w RMS respectively.

also about the processor, there seem to be quite a few negative reviews about the alpine pxe-h650. would the 360.1 or 360.2 be a better bet?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 04:15   #40
BHPian
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 222
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

You will completely loose the ability to control the volume using the stock HU volume control if you go with the pxe-h650.

With the 3Sixty units, it is recommended to use the external volume control however you can use the stock HU volume too.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 10:04   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
You will completely loose the ability to control the volume using the stock HU volume control if you go with the pxe-h650..
My wife has a 650 in her car. She uses the OEM volume control. The 650 is stuffed inside the dash. The only time we need to control it is we want to change the relative volume on the subwoofer so something like that.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 06:04   #42
BHPian
 
Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 222
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My wife has a 650 in her car. She uses the OEM volume control. The 650 is stuffed inside the dash. The only time we need to control it is we want to change the relative volume on the subwoofer so something like that.

Hmm. Thats very interesting. Everything I have read states otherwise. Even the manual has references to the fact that you cannot use the stock volume control.

That was one of the reasons for which i went for the 3sixty.2 and not the 650.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:13   #43
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Even the manual has references to the fact that you cannot use the stock volume control.
We just set the 650s control to max and use the OEM volume.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 21:23   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Hey guys, things got postponed and i still havent made any progress. The alpine type-r speakers are still lying with me at home. So as of now my plan is to buy a good 4-channel amp to power the speakers and fit those in, along with damping which i plan to get done from B&T.

Now i need help with choosing the amp. I have other priorities too with the car, if you read the modification section you would know, so the cheaper the better.

I need your suggestions on what amp to go for, brand is not an issue as long as it will power my speakers well and the setup sounds good. I am NOT adding a sub and a mono in the near future.

The alpine PDX 4.100 costs around $300. That is probably my max budget, so if i can get something with similar power cheaper that would be good.

I think 4x90 or 4x100w RMS will be good.

So please give me some suggestions.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 11:21   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The alpine PDX 4.100 costs around $300. That is probably my max budget, so if i can get something with similar power cheaper that would be good.

I think 4x90 or 4x100w RMS will be good.

So please give me some suggestions.
DLS XD40 or CA41, Infinty Kappa 4, JL 400/4... are the new Precision Power amps any good?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My other car is an Accord! Pre-owned 2003 Honda Accord 2.3L MT honeybee Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 91 8th April 2016 12:02
Honda Accord VTi vs Honda Accord V6 Dinesh99 Technical Stuff 48 9th March 2010 02:08
New Accord or any other equivalent? EDIT : Accord it is! Ramkumar Luxury, Imports & Niche 29 12th October 2009 10:18
Honda Accord Coupe Concept (Possible new Accord) amit The International Automotive Scene 3 10th January 2007 10:04
Need help to Mod a Honda Accord yogesh Modifications & Accessories 5 10th December 2005 10:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks