Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th January 2010, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Question Suggestion For ICE for Fiat Linea

Hello Dear Friend..

i am looking for ICE for fiat linea , would like to know your suggestion regarding good ICE for linea..

#is their 2-din ICE fiited in linea easily.?
#is their any ICE with Gps is available + let me know price?
#is it good idea to put amp in linea.?

thanks
vikram
vikram999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 00:40   #2
BHPian

Hey Vikram,
Firstly i dont really want to comment on 2 Din as it involved a lot of modification to the electrics placed on the dash. You do get systems with built in GPS, worst case display screen of the audio 2 din touch screen consoles which can have the GPS connected to.

Coming to the AMP part, not sure which model of Linea you own, even if you do have the Dynamic Pack onwards (OE head unit) you can add and amp by using a line level converter (Scosche is a good brand) and add up to your output. not the best quality but certainly loads better than the regular system. It certainly adds a lot more clarity and better quality output atleast as compared to factory head unit and speakers.
There is a thread that shows modifications to the dash in the linea to accommodate a 2 din player. dont recall the thread name.

Last edited by Puzz : 21st January 2010 at 00:42.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:01   #3
BHPian

dear friend..
i have dynamic version with no ICE...
as i am planing to get it after market.....
vikram999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:01   #4
BHPian

Hey Vikram. if its an aftermarket head unit well you are lucky you have loads of options and yes you can add in compos on front and rear or coax for rear.. and a sub and an amp.. the option are wide open based on the head unit you plan for and the budget that can allow you to splurge..
well there is a thread.. try searching for it.. i thin says some like (double din possible for Linea/ punto?) and somone has gotten done the alteration.. but again.. electrics im not sure how good or bad that is.. to move them.. and warranty etc..

good luck on that..
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:17   #5
BHPian

Hey Vikram,
I have a linea Emotion pack and have connected a amplifier and also woofer.Also have composite speakers in the rear door. No probs with it so far.
Cheers.
jazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyb View Post
Hey Vikram,
I have a linea Emotion pack and have connected a amplifier and also woofer.Also have composite speakers in the rear door. No probs with it so far.
Cheers.
sir, please enlighten us on the same. doesn't the electrical warranty of the car gets void? and how did you manage to attach the amp. i was thinking of doing the same to my Linea emotion.

thanks
SINGH
S.I.N.G.H is offline   Reply With Quote