Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 21st January 2010, 17:04   #1
Question ICE for 2008 Civic with new HU - Suggestions Comments!!

After much deliberation here is what I have come up with for an audio upgrade for stock 2008 Civic. There are some holes, which I hope some of the more knowledgables here will help fill (literally!).

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD - Double DIN 5.8" Touchscreen TFT-LCD Monitor with DVD/CD/MP3 Player, Front USB and Aux Inputs

Amplifier: DLS CA41

Components: Hertz Hi-energy HSK 165-2 Components

Co-axials I havenít really decided on.
Sub: None or do I absolutely must have need one. I don't want to compromise on boot space.

Total Cost Rs. 34000 plus damping, cables and installation
Listening preference SQ over Noise Pollution.
wysiwyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 18:04   #2

I know I am replying to a an old post, but hope this helps if you still haven't bought the stuff.

Since you mentioned, you do not want to eat up the boot space with a sub, I would suggest you to look at under-seat subs. They come with an inbuilt amp and casing and fit snugly under the front seat. My observation about performance is that it gives enough thump to enjoy good bass. Definitely more than what stock speakers can deliver but of course lesser than earth shattering performance which the full size subs can give.

+ Good, sufficient Bass
+ Save a lot of space
+ Easy to install
+ Inbuilt amp

- Slightly expensive. Around 8k
- The person seating on the seat will get a nice massage.
razrman is offline   Reply With Quote