Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 17:40   #481
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Nai nai JKD,

My question: was the above equpiment on your backseat - LIVE? or were you carrying it somewhere?
live??? no way! how can I drive with 2 sub within a feet away frm my head!
Those were transported
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 13:37   #482
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

My rear mdf panel vibrates ( resonance) when some songs are played ( maybe at some particular frequency). This didnt happen when I was using teh SOny HU.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 14:03   #483
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
My rear mdf panel vibrates ( resonance) when some songs are played ( maybe at some particular frequency). This didnt happen when I was using teh SOny HU.
SO logically your Sony was not capable of reproducing those frequencies...

You need to damp... rest is wokies...
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 14:31   #484
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
SO logically your Sony was not capable of reproducing those frequencies...

You need to damp... rest is wokies...
The Sony was in need of a lens replacement. It is/was a good HU and commands a priec of 13k or so even now.

The PIO 7750, delivers good low bass.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 14:37   #485
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
My rear mdf panel vibrates ( resonance) when some songs are played ( maybe at some particular frequency). This didnt happen when I was using teh SOny HU.
JKD... turn off the loudness feature. and turn of as much EQ, processing as you can.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 16:39   #486
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
JKD... turn off the loudness feature. and turn of as much EQ, processing as you can.
Gun, Some people dont like the sound with these thingys put off. They like their sound with Loud etc.. put on.

JK! Are you amongst those???
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 10:24   #487
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Gun, Some people dont like the sound with these thingys put off. They like their sound with Loud etc.. put on.

JK! Are you amongst those???
no re. I dont like those. The Sony HU had a function called DSO. It worked ok by 'lifting the sound' but treble would increase.

I got the PIO 7750's manual last day (thanks to Delu), now I have to go through it to understand some functions of the HU.

By the way, is there a music file thats supposed to be illegal as it has frequency below 20Hz? I played a file last day,dont remember if it was this ( it was given to me by Sankar, a TBHPian) and when anyone spoke when thsi mp3 was played, one's voice broke up It was funny.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 12:47   #488
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
no re. I dont like those. The Sony HU had a function called DSO. It worked ok by 'lifting the sound' but treble would increase.

I got the PIO 7750's manual last day (thanks to Delu), now I have to go through it to understand some functions of the HU.

By the way, is there a music file thats supposed to be illegal as it has frequency below 20Hz? I played a file last day,dont remember if it was this ( it was given to me by Sankar, a TBHPian) and when anyone spoke when thsi mp3 was played, one's voice broke up It was funny.
I don't think it is illegal to play audio files below 20Hz lol Who gave you that tripe?

Whenever you play low frequencies really loud, esp in the closed environmentof a car, it does appear that your voice is "breaking up".
In fact LBM was so used to his voice breaking up in his car, that he started really speaking like that and his doctor thought it was viral.

viral_bass_makker
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 13:01   #489
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

VBM?? .. har har har har... SAM... you da KING man!

But I have heard low frequencies are bad for health ... is this true?
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 13:08   #490
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Any sound, played very loud, is bad for your health, esp your hearing.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 13:09   #491
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Sam is not just a king! But ingenious KING!

Things start flowing once you get bass with some good strokes to match. And Butterchicken (maybe too much of it) will make you itch for more bass and strokes!


JK, That illegal stuff is quite acheivable in any car if you have some nice SUB and MidBAss drivers.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 15:08   #492
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
In fact LBM was so used to his voice breaking up in his car, that he started really speaking like that and his doctor thought it was viral.

viral_bass_makker
That was definately not me!!!!!!!!!

Now he said he is down.If he is down every month,then it cant be viral .

If something else is down,then revital/viagra can help him.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 15:30   #493
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
no re. I dont like those. The Sony HU had a function called DSO. It worked ok by 'lifting the sound' but treble would increase.
Right, the DSO doesn't lift the sound or anything, it's just a boost in the high frequenices. This does not work if you are not using comps in the front, with the tweeters at a higher level that the mid driver. If you are using a comp, then the increase in information sent to the tweeters causes one to believe that the soundstage has risen. Very avoidable feature, sends the balance of frequencies for a full toss.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 20:42   #494
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

I don't have compos at the front but GTO426. And it did feel like lifting but like you said, treble was horrible.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2006, 00:31   #495
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Whenever you play low frequencies really loud, esp in the closed environmentof a car, it does appear that your voice is "breaking up".
Sam my man I actually do like this by playing bass tracks and speak and my voice vibrates and the person sitting in my car belive they have a hearing problem.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Santro Xing vs old Santro Xing (eRLX) DCEite The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 21:48
One question about tyres of Old Santro and New Santro Xing DDGuy Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 12th November 2008 13:35
Santro Xing XL - car audio advice needed... smartindboy In-Car Entertainment 3 12th October 2007 11:17
Basic ICE setup for Santro Xing sameergreat In-Car Entertainment 9 20th December 2006 11:50
New Santro Xing/ Need Alloy & Audio tips! sumanvr Modifications & Accessories 1 20th October 2006 10:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks