Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
(Burping sound was it LBM?)
No man It was me.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 14:40   #527
BHPian

LBM they are JBL GTi subs must be DVC with 4ohms VC.

Ideally it should be the way you have posted with a pic. Which requires careful and precision gain matching in case two individual amplifiers powering two VC's of same driver. Rest God knows.

The way I see volume indicator on HU not crossing "3". The amps are feeding pure clipping to JBL's and maybe the scenario is same in case of speakers too if the EQ gain is not right.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 15:27   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
LBM they are JBL GTi subs must be DVC with 4ohms VC.
No JB your are wrong this time they are not JBL GTI subs. The GTI subs are very strong subs and are made for spl purpose. But the one used here are not GTI they are GTO1220D sub dual 4 ohms VC which is 300 rms nominal and 1200 watts max. Yes they must be using a DVC because of the two amp and three sub wrining setup. There is a SVC model of the same sub model no GTO1220 with a single 4 ohms VC. here is some pics of the same to support my statement.....

pic from the VDO.

u can clearly see 1200 watts on the dust cap

the 1200 watts jbl sub pic.

I think they are the same sub but not the GTI....
the product page...
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/prod...CheckProduct=Y

the jbl gti sub...
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/prod...er=GTI&cat=SUB

Rest SAM can clear off any mistaken in the above statement made.......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th July 2006 at 15:28.
Old 9th July 2006, 18:18   #529
BHPian

LBM,

A guy with two RF amplifiers capable of pumping out 2000 Watts combined in 3 Subwoofers that too in a Santro. Do you think SQ was ever in his wishlist.

You are right as far the subwoofer models are concerned. The subs are GTO series 1220D.

Today i would like to give you the title of "Mouse Potato" for your extraordinary capabilities of internet searching.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 21:44   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Today i would like to give you the title of "Mouse Potato" for your extraordinary capabilities of internet searching.

Thanks man but I dont need any titles form ur side. but thanks any way for ur internet jargon knowledege.............
Old 9th July 2006, 21:59   #531
Senior - BHPian

Dunno if i need to start a new thread for this....

For goodness sake, thank lord its a Santro!
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 22:06   #532
BHPian

now what is that asus cd rom doing in a car ??? could some one throw light? what is it doing there , dont you think a desktop was the right place for it.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 22:16   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

haha, I saw this at a garage when I wnt with Karthik. If you click on the second pic, you will see some toggle switches which I think need to be used to on thsi contraption. Teh out frm teh CDROM was given to the frnt aux input of that HU.

I dint try it as teh car belong to an army guy Why take risk.

Last edited by jkdas : 9th July 2006 at 22:17.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 22:20   #534
Senior - BHPian

Maybe if it was a DVD rom, then he could have played DVD's too!!?? Can this be done!?

And the HU is a crappy local cassette player
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 22:28   #535
Senior - BHPian

no man no dvd`s cannot be played in it but it can only play audio cds only

And this setup is done by a DIY as I think so it can be said who has do must be having some shortage of the bucks thats why he installed a cd rom .....

we should not laugh at this, we should apreciate his effort for doing this setup.......

Even my first install in my car was done in a tiffin box using a DIY amp made from 4440 IC. It was not a SQ or SPL install but it was a install done by myself............hail to every DIY people

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th July 2006 at 22:32.
Old 10th July 2006, 03:26   #536
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Dunno if i need to start a new thread for this....

Pics

For goodness sake, thank lord its a Santro!
Man! You should certainly post this in BAD INSTALLS thread!!
Ofcourse this belongs there.

And in the second pic yo can see the CD drive being fitted with a clamp like thingy to the dash! And only front mounting points are utilised and the rear is left hanging! I'm sure that drive @ 52X speed will be causing lot of vibrations etc..
CD drives are not designed for mobility. These days, they're very much humble fumble. One knock and they're gone for ever. As an ASUS, maybe it's got some quality but certainly not for this type of use!

LBM, Lot of installers these days do recommend these type of CD Drive installations. And some does keep stock too. So, there're chances this is not DIY too. So, Nothing great in this install.
It is a BAD INSTALL!

Last edited by speedzak : 10th July 2006 at 03:39.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 11:26   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I'm sure that drive @ 52X speed will be causing lot of vibrations etc..
Man when a audio cd is played in a cd rom drive it will not spin to it max rpm. since it is a audio cd it will remian spinning slow. the 52x speed is achived only when there is large file which is being copied to the HDD. This 52x type of spec is like the max wattage of the amp or a speaker for eg the hu amp is ratted like 50 watts max but the actual is only 18-20. this is like a little case here in the cd rom drive if there is a large file the speed can go up. but if u have small files like pics on a cd the average speed would not go up......

here is a topic related to it

The 48 part is easy. We know it's some kind of measure of speed. 48 is faster than 16, and 52 is faster than 48.
The X? It's really just shorthand for "times" - as in multiplication. That 48X drive is 48 times faster.
48 times faster than what?
48 times faster than a 1X drive of course.
OK, that's not very helpful. Let's examine what a 1X drive is, and whether or not we're going to see numbers much higher than 52 any time soon.
By now you know that the basic technology used to create CD-ROMs is fundamentally the same as that used to create the audio CDs you might play on your stereo. In fact, the audio CDs came first. Audio CDs are, by definition, "1X". The very first CD-ROMS were built using the same mechanisms that audio CDs were, and were limited to the same speed that an audio CD required. An audio disk can hold roughly 70 minutes of music, and a 1X CD-ROM takes about 70 minutes to be read completely.
70 minutes might be the right amount of time for symphony or two, but that's ages if all you're trying to do is copy 650 megabytes, the typical capacity of a CD-ROM. So manufacturers started making the disks spin faster, so that the electronics could read the data off the disk faster. Soon 2X drives appeared - only 35 minutes for a full disk. Then 4X and we were down to around 18 minutes.
Today 48X is a very common speed for a CD-ROM reader, and means that the disk is spinning 48 times faster than your audio disk. In theory that means your CD-ROM should be able to be completely read in just under a minute and a half.
In theory.
A couple of things work against that theoretical ideal. 48X is very fast. A 1X CD-ROM spins 500 times, or revolutions, per minute (RPM), at its fastest (it spins quickly when the inner tracks are being read, and slows down to around 350 RPM as the outer tracks are read.) That means that a 48X drive might attempt to spin the disk at up to 24,000 RPM. At that speed even minor imperfections or dust can get in the way. When that happens, the drive will compensate by slowing down (you might actually hear the drive change speed), or attempting to re-read the data from the disk over and over until it works. The net result is that it takes longer to get the data off the disk.
650meg in a minute and a half is also very fast. So fast that many computers, or their data paths to the CD-ROM, are too slow or too busy to accept data at that rate. Hence, the data is transferred at less than top-speed.
Finally, many manufacturer will claim something like 48X, when in fact 48X is only a maximum "burst" speed ... meaning that the drive, or its electronics, are not able to sustain that speed long enough to read an entire disk.
Will we see 100X drives? 1000X? At this point it's unlikely. Even at current speeds we're starting to push the envelope on the ability of the plastic of the CD's themselves. Spin them much faster, and the CDs stand a real chance of flying apart.
As a side note, DVD readers are also starting to use the "X" notation. But this time it's against the basic speed of a video DVD. DVDs spin faster to begin with, and are packed with more data per inch. So a 1X DVD is already faster, and denser, than a 1X CD. Thus a 1X DVD player will deliver data much faster than a 1X CD player.

taken from http://ask-leo.com/what_does_the_x_i...drom_mean.html
Old 10th July 2006, 20:42   #538
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Man when a audio cd is played in a cd rom drive it will not spin to it max rpm. since it is a audio cd it will remian spinning slow. the 52x speed is achived only when there is large file which is being copied to the HDD. This 52x type of spec is like the max wattage of the amp or a speaker for eg the hu amp is ratted like 50 watts max but the actual is only 18-20. this is like a little case here in the cd rom drive if there is a large file the speed can go up. but if u have small files like pics on a cd the average speed would not go up......

here is a topic related to it ............................... Blah Blah Blah.........
That's nice man! Thanks for sharing that knowledge!
I'm sorry for making a wrong statement!
Old 10th July 2006, 22:28   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
That's nice man! Thanks for sharing that knowledge!
I'm sorry for making a wrong statement!
Man dont get knowledge gaining is a on going process which is endless, there might be some thing which u might be a expert in that and I am newbie in that. So u should appreciate ones comment but not pull leg of some one who is saying some thing......
Old 11th July 2006, 02:22   #540
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Man dont get knowledge gaining is a on going process which is endless, there might be some thing which u might be a expert in that and I am newbie in that. So u should appreciate ones comment but not pull leg of some one who is saying some thing......
Ok boss! Point taken.
Next time, I'll serve him butterchicken!