Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th February 2010, 11:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

I feel any product like the Hertz deici series front components and erar 6.5" coax or JBL GTO608c in front and GT5 S265 at the rear should work fine,
Hertz being the comparitively mellow sounding one.
If he likes more of prominent treble, then even Polk Audio DB series will work for him, thought will cost around Rs 1500 extra over Hertz.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 11:57   #17
BHPian

Subwoofer JBL CS 1215 -1100 WATTS - 12 inch subwoofer (Rs. 3000)

The sub you mentioned is a free air type.. Since am planning to put the sub on the spare wheel well, If not which sub will do the job for me
Speed-Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you planning for using the wheel well for the sub, do you plan to retain the Spare wheel there ? if yes you wont be able to achieve a perfect sealed enclosure for the sub, it will not sound bad, but will compromise on the depth quite a bit.

Pioneer had a free air sub earlier, but I dont think it's available anymore.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
If you planning for using the wheel well for the sub, do you plan to retain the Spare wheel there ? if yes you wont be able to achieve a perfect sealed enclosure for the sub, it will not sound bad, but will compromise on the depth quite a bit.

Pioneer had a free air sub earlier, but I dont think it's available anymore.
I will Keep the spare wheel. Am planning to go with Anwar for the installation can you please suggest a 10" or 12" sub which can go inside the spare wheel well with the wheel inside.

Apart from Anwar, can you suggest any other installer for my requirement.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:10   #20
BHPian

Question sorry for the hijack

sorry for hijacking this thread - but there's nowhere else left to go.

please give your opinion on the following config

Config 1
HU- Pioneer DEH 5190 UB or a Kenwood 1 DIN
Front components - Infinity REF6030CS
Subwoofer - JBL CS1215
Amp: JBL GT5 S644/JBl GTO1004
Rear Ovals - 6'' x 9'' JBL GTO948

1) Any suggestions or alternate models?
2) next major question - will this setup come within 25 K (grey)
ascertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 23:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
I will Keep the spare wheel. Am planning to go with Anwar for the installation can you please suggest a 10" or 12" sub which can go inside the spare wheel well with the wheel inside.

I think a 10" sub can easily be fitted in that space, however the overall height of the board surface where the sub will mounted will rise up by 2 to 3 inches slightly reducing the boot space, try not to opt for 6X9 Speakers with a tray in this install, Also use some fiberglassing to seal off the enclosure from below, that will make it sound sweet and accurate.

Anwar is a good and professional installer, he can do justice to this job I feel, just discus the parameters of the install in detail before you start the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
sorry for hijacking this thread - but there's nowhere else left to go.

please give your opinion on the following config

Config 1
HU- Pioneer DEH 5190 UB or a Kenwood 1 DIN
Front components - Infinity REF6030CS
Subwoofer - JBL CS1215
Amp: JBL GT5 S644/JBl GTO1004
Rear Ovals - 6'' x 9'' JBL GTO948

1) Any suggestions or alternate models?
2) next major question - will this setup come within 25 K (grey)
I Don't think you can get the 5190 in grey as the 5150 is the model, actually the new model is the 5250.

Rest of it looks good, I personally don't like the 1004 amp, it is highly over rated, the 75.4 was much better despite of it not being the best amp ever etc, but that is the most aggressive and accessible product at good Grey pricing option in India. However the S644 cannot power a sub like the way the 1004 can.

5250, Infinity 6030, S644 amp and whatever you mentioned you can complete in 25k if its bought from Grey market.

Cheers,

Satya
Old 11th February 2010, 06:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:

if free air sub is what you looking for then i'm looking to do away with my fairly used pioneer free air sub.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 07:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
if free air sub is what you looking for then i'm looking to do away with my fairly used pioneer free air sub.
donarun, thanks for the offer can please PM me the details.

Thanks Satya, Can I use your reference when I am meeting Anwar ?
Old 11th February 2010, 11:29   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
Budget is important as the 25 K i mentioned is all that he has for the ICE. Could you suggest rear coax + front compos which would work nicely?. with approx pricing
1. Your friend should listen to the components before he buys them.
2. Consider components from JBL, Blaupunkt, Kenwood, Infinity, Pioneer, Polk, etc.. It is now well known that there are beter speakers than Sony's XPLOD line so avoid Sony for speakers atleast.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 11:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Satya, Can I use your reference when I am meeting Anwar ?
Yeah, you can take my reference, he knows me very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. Your friend should listen to the components before he buys them.
2. Consider components from JBL, Blaupunkt, Kenwood, Infinity, Pioneer, Polk, etc.. It is now well known that there are beter speakers than Sony's XPLOD line so avoid Sony for speakers atleast.
@donarun
And pls do try to get an Audition for JBL or POLK, thing is a lot of people make assumptions about something and then end up with probably not very happy with what they want and then franatically adjusting EQ settings, amp frequencies what not, but nothing helps.

I had an example of a person who did not want to look at any thing other than JBL, he thought he knew everything, I did not push him either, after the install he keeps cribbing that the GTO608C is bright, he probably needed some Hertz Energy series speaker or something for his taste, but now there is no way out, so there is no set thing about any product, personal sound preference is very very subjective.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Yeah, you can take my reference, he knows me very well.

@donarun
And pls do try to get an Audition for JBL or POLK, thing is a lot of people make assumptions about something and then end up with probably not very happy with what they want and then franatically adjusting EQ settings, amp frequencies what not, but nothing helps.

I had an example of a person who did not want to look at any thing other than JBL, he thought he knew everything, I did not push him either, after the install he keeps cribbing that the GTO608C is bright, he probably needed some Hertz Energy series speaker or something for his taste, but now there is no way out, so there is no set thing about any product, personal sound preference is very very subjective.
@blueraven - Think you got the wrong person. I wasnt looking for any speakers in this thread. It was speed-gladiator.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 15:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:

@speed Gladiator, the person you're asking himself is a fantastic installer . never tried anwar but have been going to satya for the last 2 installs and the next one would also be with him for sure
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 13:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
@speed Gladiator, the person you're asking himself is a fantastic installer . never tried anwar but have been going to satya for the last 2 installs and the next one would also be with him for sure
Perez, Thanks.

Then I would like to go with Satya for sure. BTW where is his shop Located in Bangalore?.
Old 14th February 2010, 16:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Perez, Thanks.

Then I would like to go with Satya for sure. BTW where is his shop Located in Bangalore?.
He's located at cambridge layout. Check out the tuners database for his contact number and exact address.
Do keep us posted on the end results
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote