Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th February 2010, 11:47   #1
Default Audio in my Alto

Hi All. I have a small query. I have installed polk 12 inch subwoofer along with polk rear speakers in my alto. I have a four channel sony amplifier. the problem is woofer effect is good but when i close all the doors and windows i am unable to hear the punch effect outside.

I have installed the same polk subwoofer in my friend's fiesta and the effect sounds great. He also has the same 4 channel amp. I am able to hear the woofer effect some distance away from the car with all the doors and windows closed. The effect is awesome. i have seen many cars whose subwoofer effect is great with windows closed.

Does the boot space come into picture when we are installing the woofer? i have checked with radio ware house in chennai, they said that in alto this is the maximum that you can get since alto does not have enough boot space. Should i check for the quality of wires. Any of you guys here who have installed sub woofer in alto? How does it sound?
vishnu.csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 16:48   #2

Although the Sub-Woofers, Audio Head Unit make is same, acoustics in the Alto and Fiesta will definitely vary. The sub-woofers work for BASS normally for Frequency bandwidth from 50Hz to 160/200 Hz. The space in Alto with respect to Fiesta is less and hence resonance for these BASS frequencies is less for Alto.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 18th February 2010 at 16:49.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote