Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 22:51   #31
BHPian
 
BAKIYA_2K12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 190
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
A better idea would have been to make a modification in the lower part of the door for the midbass and to use the stock midbass location for the midrange. The tweeter is fine where it is.

Can you access the spare wheel without taking out the amp rack?

we even thought of placing the midbass in the lower part as you said but i have to more metal in the door.so droped the idea.In fact i am thinking of placing the midrange in the A pillar by fiber glassing but there is no one in chennai to do pukka finishing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Fiesta Orchestra (Now performing : Ecllipse, DLS, Boston)-dsc01888-desktop-resolution.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta Orchestra (Now performing : Ecllipse, DLS, Boston)-dsc01887-desktop-resolution.jpg  

BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:47   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I listened to Bakiya's new ICE last evening and I was blown away. It's simply stunning. This has to be the best SQ system I have ever heard. The sub is very deceptive. It looks small but packs a deadly punch. Much of the install was done by Bakiya himself.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:50   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
we even thought of placing the midbass in the lower part as you said but i have to more metal in the door.so droped the idea.In fact i am thinking of placing the midrange in the A pillar by fiber glassing but there is no one in chennai to do pukka finishing.
Yes, very similar to what I had in mind. Will improve the sound greatly. Here's a pic that you can show to the fiberglass fellow.

The Ford Fiesta Orchestra (Now performing : Ecllipse, DLS, Boston)-p1120883.jpg
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:54   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Guys,any idea who is distributing Boston in India?
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:28   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Got a chance for audition last week.

To say the G5's perform well, is a serious understatement. Exceptional SQ even at higher volumes (which is not the case in my Sub setup).

The fact that he's done most parts of installation as DIY is simply unbelievable. Very Neat and clean.

Congrats Bakiya, Hope your enjoying every bit of your music
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:38   #36
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Auditioned the setup yesterday. My ICE greed got worse. The choice of equipments, installation pictures, all look great. But as few ppl have put it, you'll have hear it to really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
The fact that he's (Bakiya) done most parts of installation as DIY is simply unbelievable. Very Neat and clean.
+1. Neat installs.

Happy listening Bakiya.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:11   #37
BHPian
 
BAKIYA_2K12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 190
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I listened to Bakiya's new ICE last evening and I was blown away. It's simply stunning. This has to be the best SQ system I have ever heard. The sub is very deceptive. It looks small but packs a deadly punch. Much of the install was done by Bakiya himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Got a chance for audition last week.

To say the G5's perform well, is a serious understatement. Exceptional SQ even at higher volumes (which is not the case in my Sub setup).

The fact that he's done most parts of installation as DIY is simply unbelievable. Very Neat and clean.

Congrats Bakiya, Hope your enjoying every bit of your music
Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Auditioned the setup yesterday. My ICE greed got worse. The choice of equipments, installation pictures, all look great. But as few ppl have put it, you'll have hear it to really appreciate it.


+1. Neat installs.

Happy listening Bakiya.
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yes, very similar to what I had in mind. Will improve the sound greatly. Here's a pic that you can show to the fiberglass fellow.
Thanks for the pics.
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:35   #38
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
we even thought of placing the midbass in the lower part as you said but i have to more metal in the door.so droped the idea.In fact i am thinking of placing the midrange in the A pillar by fiber glassing but there is no one in chennai to do pukka finishing.

I think you can catch hold of the guy who did FG for Mi10

His pillars are done very well IMO
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:40   #39
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

I was treated to an exclusive very special orchestra, 'compered' by Bakya in his fiesta on Monday.

I was awed by the quality of the music; so clear and pure; so silent and violent; i heard two different settings and it was getting better and better.

kudos to a great setup.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 20:43   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Hi Bakiya

Where did you install the systems?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:36   #41
BHPian
 
BAKIYA_2K12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 190
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
I think you can catch hold of the guy who did FG for Mi10

His pillars are done very well IMO
Even i was with mi10 during his install, I will try some time soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I was treated to an exclusive very special orchestra, 'compered' by Bakya in his fiesta on Monday.

I was awed by the quality of the music; so clear and pure; so silent and violent; i heard two different settings and it was getting better and better.

kudos to a great setup.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Bakiya

Where did you install the systems?
Mostly DIY.rest by kannan if you need his no pm me.
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 08:37   #42
BHPian
 
Pr_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Hi Bakiya, very nice setup man. This is the first time I am looking at this thread and I must tell you you have the best setup done.

I too need a little help, can you give me Kannan's number.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:08   #43
BHPian
 
BAKIYA_2K12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 190
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hi Bakiya, very nice setup man. This is the first time I am looking at this thread and I must tell you you have the best setup done.

I too need a little help, can you give me Kannan's number.
Thanks man, need any help pm me.

I have sent you kannan no also.
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 05:48   #44
BHPian
 
Pr_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 228
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Thanks for the number mate.

You really have a wonderful setup. Hope to hear your setup in any of the coming quickie meets.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 19:10   #45
BHPian
 
whizzkid_ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 167
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Bakiya, Fantabulous setup you got there. I too bought some simple stuffs for my swift to get the audio done. Hope you will give me some tips on installation
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indica V2 DLS -Indica V2 DLS - Electricals falling apart - 57,000 km update cyberwhizs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 25th April 2013 13:04
Indica DLS / DLS TURBO / DICOR?.....What BUY? musicmanaman Hatchbacks 20 8th May 2010 19:05
Preview: Audison Thesis Orchestra Speakers Invinsible In-Car Entertainment 2 5th May 2009 13:32
Swift - Brakes Playing Orchestra luky_13 Technical Stuff 16 28th November 2008 14:28
Indica NA DLS vs Turbo DLS vs Turbo DLG greenhorn Hatchbacks 10 5th May 2007 17:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks