Old 22nd February 2010, 13:10   #1

Default Powered SubW AlpineSWE1000 or Blaupunkt THB200A

Hi guys,
I am new to the fourm.
I have a Safari LX. I have already installed :
Pioneer 4190SD,
Front Doors : JBL GTO 608s component speakers
Rear Doors : JBL 6" Coaxials

The system sounds good, but lack a bit of punch. I donot like a big box in my rear so want to settle for a powered sub like the Alpine SWE 1000 or the Blaupunkt THB 200A.... Need help to decide.

I am also thinking whether a sub with a shallow installation can fit in the rear door??
Gurudristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if those small powered subs will create an impact, but definitely they would be better than nothing. One would be better off shoe-horning them under the front passenger seat.

The rear (tailgate) door has an opening (nearer to the hinge side; you need to remove the door-pad to spot it) which can accommodate an 8" sub. This can be a 10"er with suitable adaptation with MDF. One anyhow has to throw away the stock 'cardboard' door pad. This won't be a sealed enclosure, but more an infinite baffle - likely to make the thump a bit boomy.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@Guru, do consider an enclosure for the sub. A sealed encolsure for an 8" sub will not take much space.
( A ported enclosure will need to be bigger ).

I am using a small RF Punch sub in my Victa, placed under the rear jump seat. The enclosure I have is actually bigger than the minimum size.

Powered SubW AlpineSWE1000 or Blaupunkt THB200A-sealedsub.jpg

But yes, even a small sub can make a difference, and is definitely needed for trucks like ours.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:32   #4

Thanks a lot...I have got the Blaupunkt THB 200A fitted under the front seat and surprisingly it pack quite a punch and I even have bood empty...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd March 2010 at 16:25. Reason: See note at the end of your post.
Gurudristi is offline   Reply With Quote