Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 02:12   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Need Help on Processors

Hi all,

Gurus i am running a JVC AVX44 atm and i dont wanna go to another HU at this point of time. I am looking forward to add a DSP to my current setup so as to increase the tuning options i have as JVC have almost none at all.

I have some in mind like Pioneer DEQ9200, Sound Stream MPQ-7XO etc

I have a budget to a Max of $300 as i would be getting it from USA. RF360.2 is out of my budget right now and Audison Bit.One is sooooo far away


Please suggest. waiting for your replies
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 16:02   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Please help me gurus. waitin for your inputs
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 16:42   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

What tuning options do you feel are missing in JVC ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 17:19   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
What tuning options do you feel are missing in JVC ?
I just have a graphic Equilizer along with a HPF setting for 3 freq.

Thats it
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 22:41   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

IMHO for ~ $300 (+ - $50) you can get a good enough HU's like Alpine 9887 / Alpine CD-117, Kenwood X693/993, Eclipse 8445 which can support the following:

1. TA
2. X-over (HPF/LPF) with Slopes
3. iPod / USB

And if your able to sell your current HU for 8k. You have around $450 total to spend on a good HU.

BTW are you planning to go Active ?

Last edited by abhibh : 24th February 2010 at 22:43.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 23:29   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

The AVX44 I reckon can be sold for ~8k.
Add $300 and for almost $500, you could probably source:
Eclipse CD7200 or
Pioneer Premier P800 PRS or
Alpine 9887
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 23:35   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

the rf 360.2 is available for $300 on ebay
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 Signal Processor- NEW - eBay (item 260555190190 end time Feb-27-10 22:09:12 PST)

also alpine pxe-h650 can be bought for $240.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 13:45   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

As said i am not ready to change the HU.I already have P880prs and Kenwood x991 but wont switch with JVC. Thats why would like to add a processor. The best cost i can get for pxe-h650 is around $200 and RF360.2 as pointed by akshay bhai as $300. I also have PEQ-9200 in my sights. which i can get for around $290. What say guys which one is best?
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 13:54   #9
BHPian
 
FeelTheBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Palwal
Posts: 91
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
As said i am not ready to change the HU.I already have P880prs and Kenwood x991 but wont switch with JVC. Thats why would like to add a processor. The best cost i can get for pxe-h650 is around $200 and RF360.2 as pointed by akshay bhai as $300. I also have PEQ-9200 in my sights. which i can get for around $290. What say guys which one is best?
Hi! Piyush!!
according to my past experience (not so good) i did use Pioneer EQ-6500!!
let me be honest with you. It actually ruined my SQ.
what all i could make out from it, it was giving me fake vocals!!
so, to sum-up all it could do is , adulterated music!!
rest is up to you buddy!!
so, i would rather use the HU itself than using a sound processor with it.
FeelTheBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 13:55   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
IMHO for ~ $300 (+ - $50) you can get a good enough HU's like Alpine 9887 / Alpine CD-117, Kenwood X693/993, Eclipse 8445 which can support the following:

1. TA
2. X-over (HPF/LPF) with Slopes
3. iPod / USB

And if your able to sell your current HU for 8k. You have around $450 total to spend on a good HU.

BTW are you planning to go Active ?

I may go Active a little later.
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 14:00   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hi! Piyush!!
according to my past experience (not so good) i did use Pioneer EQ-6500!!
let me be honest with you. It actually ruined my SQ.
what all i could make out from it, it was giving me fake vocals!!
so, to sum-up all it could do is , adulterated music!!
rest is up to you buddy!!
so, i would rather use the HU itself than using a sound processor with it.
Point taken man but i am not sure about PEQ6500. Maybe here we would be able to shed some more light on it. Lets wait and watch where it goes
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 14:07   #12
BHPian
 
FeelTheBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Palwal
Posts: 91
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Point taken man but i am not sure about PEQ6500. Maybe here we would be able to shed some more light on it. Lets wait and watch where it goes
maybe some other EQ's would be capable of producing decent SQ!!
so, lets wait and watch.
FeelTheBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 14:43   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

where is everyone??????
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 14:53   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Great to hear that you have the copper chassis P880.
I'd love to hear why you don't wanna switch HUs, but rather add a processor.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:46   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NewDelhi/Noida
Posts: 220
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Great to hear that you have the copper chassis P880.
I'd love to hear why you don't wanna switch HUs, but rather add a processor.
I somehow dont like the sound color of Pioneer. It sounds too artificial to me.I know most would not agree but its all about our listening experience..

Last edited by Piyush_Vroom : 2nd March 2010 at 01:55.
Piyush_Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with ICE for my Accord - Amp help pg.3 Akshay1234 In-Car Entertainment 54 16th January 2014 20:15
HELP - SD Card Corrupted - Photos Lost - Need help in recovering them thedreamcatcher Gadgets, Computers & Software 13 27th December 2009 06:50
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs. mclaren0111 Modifications & Accessories 142 5th September 2009 22:27
car audio signal processors narry In-Car Entertainment 5 24th April 2008 10:40
Help Help Urgent Help!!! abhibh In-Car Entertainment 12 11th April 2006 12:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks