Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th February 2010, 18:13   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up will changing my rear to kenwood kfc m6942a improves sound quality?

Hi friends,
Am currently having the below mentioned set up
HU - pioneer 5050 usb player
AMP - pioneer gm-x374 4 channel 400 watts amp
SUB - 800 watts pioneer subwoofer
REAR - 300 watts pioneer co axials
Now i have a doubt, am happy with the punch or kick thats coming from the whole setup, but its not of sq type, its more towards spl side. one of my friend had got a kenwood kfc m6942 450 watts coaxials. its box packed and not used at all. he is offering it to me for 3000 rs.
my doubts:
1) is it worth?
2) will changing the speakers makes any change?
am planning to remove the sub and power only speakers from the amp, will it be usefull?
3) or should i use the existing sub along with the kenwood?

what i need is a good punch and sql sound.
i know front stage is missing, am planning to get good pair of components also

4) if i get a good component and power it from amp along with the kenwood rear, will it sounds good?
guru's please help fast
thanks in advance.
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 21:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please tell us your budget. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your setup. In any case, don't waste your money on those 6X9s, you already have a sub.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 23:44   #3
BHPian

Thumbs up hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Please tell us your budget. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your setup. In any case, don't waste your money on those 6X9s, you already have a sub.
I already paid for that 6*9! now one more change in plan. I got an good offer for my car. so ll decide tomorrow on what to do.
Is it not a good speaker to connect to amp and keep in my new car without a sub?
But u suggest me not to buy this 6*9? It wont create any change in sound quality, if i keep it in the present car?

Last edited by althaaf : 24th February 2010 at 23:52.
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote