Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th March 2010, 15:18   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Grande Punto : USB Interface / Auxiullary Interface / IPod Interface

Hi All Mods & Guru's.

This is one topic with which i have been having a lot of trouble .

I have a Fiat Grande Punto Emotion , which has a decent H.U But average speakers , and i am not satisfied overall with its performance .

This is my whishlist for the Punto H.U , which i presume is a Hamburg Series .
  • Remote
  • USB Interface cable [ Like in the E+ ] System , so that i cna play files on my pendrive .
  • I-POD interface cable so that i can play music via the I-pod .
  • Flash / Upgrade the Drivers / software for the H.U
Would really appreciate your support on this .

Regards
Akshay
wind_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 16:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post
  • Remote
  • USB Interface cable [ Like in the E+ ] System , so that i cna play files on my pendrive .
  • I-POD interface cable so that i can play music via the I-pod .
  • Flash / Upgrade the Drivers / software for the H.U
For Remote (I presume you mean Steering Wheel Remote) and the cables, contact Blaupunkt service - they will be able to tell you the exact part number. If they say they don't know, badger them till they find out - this is published internally in Blaupunkt.

What are you expecting as updates/upgrade (of firmware, I guess)? Drivers/software for HU? This ain't a mobile phone or a device that connects to a PC, sir. Anyhow, you need to go to the Blaupunkt Germany website and look under Support / Downloads to check if there is any applicable download for his HU. And, I don't think the GP HU is a Hamburg - check with the Blaupunkt Part Number of the HU, it is an OE version for FIAT.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote