Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 19:31   #1
SSJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Hertz or JBL components?

Hi,

I am looking for ICE for Ritz.
The car accessories shop told me to choose Hertz components and Hertz speakers instead of JBL.
I have no idea about quality of Hertz and is it better than JBL?
How does this look like pricewise in Bangalore (all with B/W)?

Pioneer 2290 - 6900
or Kenwood 6043 - 7650
Front: Hertz DSK 165 (component) - 4500
Rear: Hertz DCX 165 - 2550
or
Rear: Polk DB651 - 3700

I want to fit the speakers in standard door slots and not planning to put any MDF board. Any better recommendations

Thanks!!
SSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 21:33   #2
BHPian
 
triedeverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 492
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Car accessories shops usually push stuff that they have in stock. Ask him to demo these speakers for you and then decide.

Two weeks back I had gone to look at the JVC AVX 826 which is a touch screen head unit. This was in stock then and according to the dealer, the best touch screen system! Last week, I had gone to buy this unit and he didn't have stock. He was then trying to push the Pioneer 4150 He went to the extent of saying that someone had returned the JVC unit saying it sounded bad and picked up the Pioneer! So there, do your research and then decide for yourself after a demo if possible. Look at these threads too, I'm sure most TBHPians wouldn't mind giving you a demo of their systems if you ummm, ask nicely
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 21:50   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Default

as always, there is no 'better'. it depends on your taste. you should get JBL speakers cheaper than those prices.
PS: I'm a very satisfied hertz owner ( and I'm buying a pair now to replace a set damaged in an accident) I love their sould a lot.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:29   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
PS: I'm a very satisfied hertz owner ( and I'm buying a pair now to replace a set damaged in an accident) I love their sould a lot.
So Am I.

My Swifts' got the Hertz Deici's and My i(CE)10 Hertz Energy Series

Last edited by Mi10 : 10th March 2010 at 23:30.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 08:48   #5
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Nothing can beat the JBL 608C in terms of VFM, Do audition both the speakers and find out what suits you better.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 19:47   #6
SSJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi,
I am told by some friends that there is no use of components speakers if I am not putting an Amp and they would sound like normal co-axial speakers. Is this true. I am not really novice and cant really judge if I should go for components.
Also what is the best position to fit the tweeters in Ritz?
Thanks
SSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
Hi,
I am told by some friends that there is no use of components speakers if I am not putting an Amp and they would sound like normal co-axial speakers. Is this true. I am not really novice and cant really judge if I should go for components.
Also what is the best position to fit the tweeters in Ritz?
Thanks
Not True.
However, An Amplifer finds better use when powering Components Speakers than Coaxials.

The Easiest way si to stick the tweeter on to the dash. You can also try mounting near the ORVM's on either side.
Or You can cut the door panels to insert them just above your Mid bass drivers.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Nothing can beat the JBL 608C in terms of VFM, Do audition both the speakers and find out what suits you better.
+1. I tend to agree 100%, having listened to both of these brands.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 17:31   #9
SSJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default JBL 608c different sizes?

Hi,
The local dealer near my house told that there are 2 options within 608c series with different size of crossovers. He quoted me 2 prices 3.6k and 4.5k for these 2 variants.
I have never heard of this before. Are these fake and original differences?

Also can someone comment on Pio 2250 HU price in Bangalore? The dealer told me 5K.

If anyone knows a decent shop near Indiranagar in Bangalore who deals in grey stuff then let me know. I am not comfortable with dealers in JC road.

Thanks.
SSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
Hi,
The local dealer near my house told that there are 2 options within 608c series with different size of crossovers. He quoted me 2 prices 3.6k and 4.5k for these 2 variants.
I have never heard of this before. Are these fake and original differences?

Also can someone comment on Pio 2250 HU price in Bangalore? The dealer told me 5K.

If anyone knows a decent shop near Indiranagar in Bangalore who deals in grey stuff then let me know. I am not comfortable with dealers in JC road.

Thanks.
Interesting. Get us a pic.

Maybe one is 607?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eclipse-Hertz-JL audio-Jbl(amps) in the swift rider60 In-Car Entertainment 69 23rd December 2010 00:27
Hertz Components sounding harsh! Please drop in and help! binz In-Car Entertainment 7 28th June 2010 18:15
Infinity+hertz+jbl Setup sanchits In-Car Entertainment 24 28th September 2007 10:47
For Sale: JBL Components and Co-axials. moralfibre Shifting gears 3 24th August 2007 07:47
JBL vs. HERTZ ggoyal_83 In-Car Entertainment 10 8th December 2006 14:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks