Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 11:48   #16
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

congrats maglev!! thats a really nice looking ice you got there. does the cost include camera and sensors too or did it cost you anything? if yes how much?
and what about the installation cost? oh and one more thing, does the reverse camera show in the DVD players screen?

im planning to something like this too, (with some surplus money generated after selling off a plot) can anyone tell me a place to get it done in mumbai / pune??

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 13th March 2010 at 11:56. Reason: to add text
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 11:54   #17
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
What plans for getting the steering controls working again? What is this dealer quoting for the PAC unit in Delhi?

I am being quoted Rs 3K - 3.5K by most dealers who have the kit in stock,

but on 20 north the kit is available for Rs 2.5k all inclusive.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 00:26   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: new delhi
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hello Folks,

Finally I managed to get my SX4 iced. The car is currently running on the stock speakers + tweeter's front & rear both. Only the HU has been upgraded to a JVC AVX-826. Apart from the HU a reversing camera has also been added.
brother is it working perfectly with you ? my friend has the same touch screen in his civic. he got it installed 2 months ago and is already fed up of it. according to him it hangs a lot after usage of 1st month and from starting only it reacts a little slower. best of luck man. why do you buy all defective things? from cars to ICE ? you should have gone for alpine or kenwood or was it out of your budget?

a word of advice - take money from your friends on bdays and special occassions to save up for your ice :0

Last edited by wing.commander : 14th March 2010 at 00:44.
wing.commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 01:24   #19
BHPian
 
S.I.N.G.H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 365
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
brother is it working perfectly with you ? my friend has the same touch screen in his civic. he got it installed 2 months ago and is already fed up of it. according to him it hangs a lot after usage of 1st month and from starting only it reacts a little slower. best of luck man. why do you buy all defective things? from cars to ICE ? you should have gone for alpine or kenwood or was it out of your budget?


a word of advice - take money from your friends on bdays and special occassions to save up for your ice :0
according to what i know and saw, this same hu was installed in one of my friends skoda. he is using it since a year now. he is very happy with the speed, performance and sound quality of the HU. so the defect lies in the ways the head unit is used and not in the quality of the product brother. there must be some defect in the way the hu is installed in the civic. please check for overheating of the hu, which results in malfunctioning.
S.I.N.G.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 02:42   #20
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: new delhi
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
according to what i know and saw, this same hu was installed in one of my friends skoda. he is using it since a year now. he is very happy with the speed, performance and sound quality of the HU. so the defect lies in the ways the head unit is used and not in the quality of the product brother. there must be some defect in the way the hu is installed in the civic. please check for overheating of the hu, which results in malfunctioning.
Which skoda? please be precise. Dude i just got an idea..you should install a jvc touch screen head unit in your nano.

And how can i rectify the over heating problem. please expand on this.

Thanks,
Suhail
wing.commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:46   #21
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

@maglev - still waiting for a reply friend!!
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 12:56   #22
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
@maglev - still waiting for a reply friend!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
congrats maglev!! thats a really nice looking ice you got there. does the cost include camera and sensors too or did it cost you anything? if yes how much?
and what about the installation cost? oh and one more thing, does the reverse camera show in the DVD players screen?

im planning to something like this too, (with some surplus money generated after selling off a plot) can anyone tell me a place to get it done in mumbai / pune??

Thanks Buddy, sorry for not being able to reply earlier.
The parking sensors were installed at the time of the purchase of the car itself. They are MGA.
Yes! the reverse camera does give its output on the DVD players screen.

The price break-up is as follows:
  • JVC AVX-826 Rs: 28,000/-
  • HU Coupler Rs: 100/-
  • Reverse Camera (with night vision) Rs 1,800/-
  • Wiring (Camera) Rs 200/-
  • Installation included (In the price of the HU)
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 14:28   #23
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: new delhi
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

so i guess the parking sensors have become useless now?
wing.commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:18   #24
BHPian
 
S.I.N.G.H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 365
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
so i guess the parking sensors have become useless now?
no its not so sir, as the field of view of the camera in small, and it doesnt give the estimate of the of the distance between the car and the obstruction. the camera also cannot help when it comes to extreme sides of the car.
S.I.N.G.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:31   #25
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
so i guess the parking sensors have become useless now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
no its not so sir, as the field of view of the camera in small, and it doesnt give the estimate of the of the distance between the car and the obstruction. the camera also cannot help when it comes to extreme sides of the car.


As SINGH has rightly pointed out, the camera is only 2 dimensional, it doesn't give any information about the depth. This is where the sensors come into the picture. I hope you get my point.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:47   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

@
Maglev

Nice stuff bro! So how much does the cheapest touch interface cost?
Congrats on the purchase!

PS: I just saw your display pic, 'Hauli chalo paaji'.

Drive safe bro!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:17   #27
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 785
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
yes sir i get your point. But why does singh always reply to the questions that i ask you? Are you his guru? And hes ur follower? Or is he your legal advisor or something


The point is not whether Mr. SINGH is my follower, legal advisor, etc. The point is that Mr. SINGH is a member on Team-BHP. Also whatever answers he gave, could have been given by anybody who knows or has used parking sensors / reverse camera's. There is nothing wrong in Mr SINGH's answering of those questions which are presented to me for answering as long as he is technically correct.

I would sincerely advice you to make valuable contribution on the forum rather than finding faults in the cars, ice & accessories that I buy. Whether its the SX4, Ritz or the black tints & JVC combo. Dude it should really not make any difference to you. If I have bought something and am happy with it then why are you getting bothered.

You claim to have sold your Ritz after driving it for 998km, your SX4 after 2500km and apparently a friend of your's who bought a JVC got fed up of it as well. You my dear friend are also buying defective stuff or the way with which you handle your stuff is defective or is it a habit to buy defective stuff and then make the necessary corrections? I'd suggest you take your pick and decide as to which one is applicable in your case.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:18   #28
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Thanks Buddy, sorry for not being able to reply earlier.
The parking sensors were installed at the time of the purchase of the car itself. They are MGA.
Yes! the reverse camera does give its output on the DVD players screen.

The price break-up is as follows:
  • JVC AVX-826 Rs: 28,000/-
  • HU Coupler Rs: 100/-
  • Reverse Camera (with night vision) Rs 1,800/-
  • Wiring (Camera) Rs 200/-
  • Installation included (In the price of the HU)
[/quote]


Thanks for the reply. I am also looking for a similar setup in my SX4. do you recommend any other model or any other make. sony has only one and it costs 32k. my requirement is onlyto add reverse camera and watch songs etc. by the way what else can u do with this display?
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:54   #29
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 277
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Appropriate reply, brother maglev! i was also thinking of penning a reply like yours. unhappy childhood eh?

dear friends, we at team BHP believe in contributing, sharing, appreciating, encouraging, critically analysing (not criticizing), and being in a happy mood always.

take a cue dear wing commander!! whatever you post is looked at by thousands of users. be wise.
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 19:38   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

WOW
The HU looks really nice and cool also .
Great stuff .

Enjoy

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense. sidindica The Indian Car Scene 469 5th September 2010 12:18
JVC EXAD Units :kd-avx33 VS KW-AVX800 with Bluetooth Adapter KS-BTA200 babhishek In-Car Entertainment 31 5th March 2010 22:29
CS gets the "indigo" look, diesel gets beige interiors, XL grand discontinued sidindica The Indian Car Scene 18 19th February 2009 17:11
2005 CRV Ice Install Rockfordfosgate + JL Audio + JVC EXAD maxbhp In-Car Entertainment 20 17th February 2008 23:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks