Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2010, 16:32   #1
BHPian

Default Help Saving The Dying Ice EDIT: Now dead

regards and respects to all members, mods and gurus.
i want help with my ice.
here are some details

car- maruti suzuki alto
hu- sony with front aux and usb
speakers- rear sony 6x9
front- blaupunkt 4"
amp- 4 channel panasound
sub- sony xplod 1200w

now the problem is that the terminal of my amp for the rear right speaker have stopped working. and the sound stage in my car was from rear. now that one of the rear speakers is not working, the bass is overpowering the sound . so i had some doubts which i wanted to clear-

1. should i get the amp repaired or buy a new one?
2. as the hu i am using has only 2 rca outputs, should i upgrade to one having three rca's?
3. i know that installing components in the front would enhance the front sound stage. so should 4" comps be installed in the stock positions or should i go for 6" in the door panels by cutting them.

please recommend me some products with their prices.

thanking all

SINGH
Old 15th March 2010, 16:52   #2
BHPian

Check if the wiring is alright. The output can be heard only if the input is fine. See if the input RCA connected is feeding signals from HU. Good to check the fuses on the amp.

Last edited by shreyasma : 15th March 2010 at 16:53.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:55   #3
BHPian

I thought you already have blau 4" components installed in the front...
Old 15th March 2010, 17:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Check if the wiring is alright. The output can be heard only if the input is fine. See if the input RCA connected is feeding signals from HU. Good to check the fuses on the amp.
sir, the wiring and fuse is alright. the problem is that i can hear the sound from the speaker which is connected to the defective terminal, but the volume is very low. whereas the output from the other speaker is very loud and clear. its not the fault of the speaker as they have been checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I thought you already have blau 4" components installed in the front...
no sir, i have 4" blau speakers in front.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
... now the problem is that the terminal of my amp for the rear right speaker have stopped working ...
What exactly is the problem? Has the terminal screw fallen off, or the screw is there but the output of the amp is low?

You could try swapping the L & R speaker wires. If the amp channel is bad, then the other speaker should sound low now. If so, there is not much you can do other than replace the amp.

The other possibility is that the gain setting of one channel is faulty due to the potentiometer being loose. Try shaking the gain setting on the amp with a screw driver.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What exactly is the problem? Has the terminal screw fallen off, or the screw is there but the output of the amp is low?

You could try swapping the L & R speaker wires. If the amp channel is bad, then the other speaker should sound low now. If so, there is not much you can do other than replace the amp.

The other possibility is that the gain setting of one channel is faulty due to the potentiometer being loose. Try shaking the gain setting on the amp with a screw driver.
sir, the screws are present there. i have tried swapping the speakers. the problem is with the terminal. the output is low just for the right speaker. i have tried doing all changes to the amp setting with the screw driver, but no luck till now. is getting the amp a good idea or i should replace it?
Old 16th March 2010, 01:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

The problem is not with the terminal, but quite likely with the amp PCB - some component must have become loose, possibly dry soldering. Any amp service guy should be able to fix it. Replacing the amp is a good idea, but it is your decision - definitely a good amp will make a lot of difference in your setup.
Old 16th March 2010, 02:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The problem is not with the terminal, but quite likely with the amp PCB - some component must have become loose, possibly dry soldering. Any amp service guy should be able to fix it. Replacing the amp is a good idea, but it is your decision - definitely a good amp will make a lot of difference in your setup.
sir, would changing the amp be more fruitful or changing the hu?
Old 16th March 2010, 16:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Those are 2 different things. Since your amp is creating a problem, you need to either change it, or switch back to driving the speakers from the HU. It is highly unlikely that your HU is at fault - at most the cable from the HU to the amp may be faulty, and that is easy to check, right?

The reason that you will change your HU is either lack of features in your current HU, or because you want to get much better sound. If neither is a priority, why would you want to change HU?
Old 16th March 2010, 19:46   #10
BHPian

sir the hu which i am presently using has 2 rca out. but i want to upgrade to one having 3 rca out. and the amp which i am using is "desi". so that is why i was in doubt.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:04   #11
BHPian

Default re: Help Saving The Dying Ice EDIT: Now dead

due to the rising prices of fuel, i got CNG installed in my alto. now the only ICE remaining in the vehicle is the HU and 2 4 inch speakers. but i dont mind as this is very light on my pocket as well as very comfortable.

its a lovato kit, made in italy. it cost me 28k. at the moment, i travel in the vehicle with AC just paying about 1.48 rupees per kilometer.

to the mods: pls edit the name of the thread to Help "Saving The Dying Ice- now dead"
Closed Thread