Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd March 2010, 00:30   #16
BHPian

@Xylem. But don't you think that DC-DC car-pc supply would be more convenient ? I mean i don't like to do manually shutdown and start the system.
Most of the AMP can easily take signal from Onboard Soundcard. 3.5 MM-RCA to AMP wouldn't be a problem.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:15   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
hey xylem,thats one hell of a system.i have one question-since yours is a petrol,so is the obd working?
and those blue light effect looks really cool.
Thank you Mustang. I have to research on the OBD2 part. That's my next work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Nice carputer there. Congrats!

BTW, If this is the ZXi, where are the steering mounted controls ?
Its a 2005 Model and The Previous owner had a basic Pioneer HU installed with MP3 and Tuner. Really could not understand that. He buys a top of the line car for 6 Lakhs and not install a top of the line ICE. Strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
My HU has its aux in the front. I could run my audio without involving the HU but for that i need one more amp cause I have to run my front, rear and the sub.

I'm still waiting for the pics. ( monitor's closeup pics )
King, For the same reason's I had to go in for the HU.

Here are the pics. Please take a look, Would these suffice?
Attached Thumbnails
CarPC Installed on Swift Zxi-dsc_0361.jpg  

CarPC Installed on Swift Zxi-dsc_0362.jpg  

CarPC Installed on Swift Zxi-dsc_0363.jpg  

Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:21   #18

@Nisarg - Though it is easier to do it on ignition, using a mtx power supply, it is wired to the ignition. Hence when you stop at a signal and turn off the ignition, the mtx would prepare to shut you machine down, Also when you turn the ignition key back on, It takes too much time for the system to boot up. Manual boot and shutdown is more like a 1 time activity than using MTX. Its only a individual perception, and boils down to one's preference and comfort levels.

Yes I agree you could connect a 3.5mm to Amp through RCA, but the impact you get out of you HU is no where near the one without the HU. I tried it out and was convinced that this setup is better.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:27   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the pics mate, Did you alter the dual din console?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks great Xylem. Yes, it is better to go through the HU unless you are using a hi end sound card in your system.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Great Setup there. The Blue effect is awesome.

Btw, does the carputer allows you to browse. Is there a wifi connectivity or a usb data card option.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Something is not right at the left lower corner. How much of these parts are original and what was done custom? Other than that it looks really good.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylem View Post
Its only a individual perception, and boils down to one's preference and comfort levels.
Aggred on this part. LCD installation is neat.
Happy carputing.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:10   #24
BHPian

Did the 7K include dampening, or was it only getting the carputer in and working? What did the price include other than labor? I mean wiring and stuff like that.

Were the lights also done by Anwar? Looks really cool. Fast and the Furious stuff Did you import that as well? Effect on pocket please.

Last edited by triedeverything : 23rd March 2010 at 15:12.
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 18:19   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Thanks for the pics mate, Did you alter the dual din console?
Yes, he had to take the centre console out, resize and fit it back. Only then would the Lilli fit perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Great Setup there. The Blue effect is awesome.

Btw, does the carputer allows you to browse. Is there a wifi connectivity or a usb data card option.
There is a Wi-Fi Card and I update virus definitions and other maintenance work through the same. No intentions on the USB Data card yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Something is not right at the left lower corner. How much of these parts are original and what was done custom? Other than that it looks really good.
Srishiva, Nice observation! But the console is absolutely straight and there are no blemishes. I forgot to change the picture format to JPEG and took the pic in RAW. came to office and used a freeware to convert into JPEG for upload. That messed up the pic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Did the 7K include dampening, or was it only getting the carputer in and working? What did the price include other than labor? I mean wiring and stuff like that.

Were the lights also done by Anwar? Looks really cool. Fast and the Furious stuff Did you import that as well? Effect on pocket please.
@triedeverything, Interesting Alias, 7K is only for labor, wire, fibreglass work and installation. He took 10K for Dampening. So totally it was 17K for Dampening, Installation, Labor, Wiring, et al.

I had the CCFLs installed on my desktop and just recycled it for use here. I got it from Lamington Road, Mumbai for Rs.400
Old 26th March 2010, 22:05   #26
BHPian

Questions from my side

1. Which Lilliput is this ?
2. Where have you placed the Control Unit ?
3. Why nVidia ion instead of Intel mini-ITX (GCLF2 etc) ?
4. Why not a high end sound card ?
StreetAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
Questions from my side

1. Which Lilliput is this ?
If I'm not wrong, It's the lilliput eby-701. Which is pretty popular in the forum.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 01:04   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the same guy from Autofusion? Is this a new garage or did he split? Also could you tell me where is this shop? I had been to Autofusion couple of times and was quite impressed with the work done [Speaking this assuming this is the same guy]. But an entire ICE set up on a swift was bit heavy on the pocket [14K for installation, wiring & damping] and hence I got it done from EVO an year back. But would not mind redoing it as the doors already started squeaking on high volume.

By the way the Neons look UBER Cool. Is it fitted under the dash? or under the seats? I have green tubes [local ones costing 250/- in GP Road Chennai], but thats installed under my front seats.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 11:46   #29
BHPian

Very nice setup and cool blue lights I am also looking them to be installed in my Honda City. I want to install car computer for OBDII as I am more interested in vitals & navigation then entertainment will this OBDII work in my New Honda City -Vtec 2008 model.
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Is anyone here aware of an outlet in New Delhi / Gurgaon (with address or tel no) who can do a neat job with a carputer on SX4 / Swift
aditya79india is offline   Reply With Quote