Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th December 2005, 02:09   #271
BHPian

Guys thanks for all the guidence you'll have given.

Next thing which I need to know is how to tune the car audio!!!

As i mentioned earlier i have installed Blau THA 480 (4 channel) amp, connected JBL bass tube and rear speakers to it.

Now, what does Frequency Response mean?

The amp has two setting options for front and two setting options for the rear. The setting are "Frequency" and "Level". I have understood the "Level" option, but rather doubtful and afraid to mess with the "Frequency" setting, as i read somewhere that if frequency is improperly set, it might blow up the speakers!!!!
The JBL tube manual that i got, says that it has Frequency response range is 38Hz-500Hz. How much frequency should i set on the amp for the tube.

And moreover what is this Frequency? try not to be too technical, if u guru log can, plz tell me about the setting to be made. Does this frequency setting effect the quality of sound produced?

Thanks,
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:11   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
Guys thanks for all the guidence you'll have given.

Next thing which I need to know is how to tune the car audio!!!

As i mentioned earlier i have installed Blau THA 480 (4 channel) amp, connected JBL bass tube and rear speakers to it.

Now, what does Frequency Response mean?

The amp has two setting options for front and two setting options for the rear. The setting are "Frequency" and "Level". I have understood the "Level" option, but rather doubtful and afraid to mess with the "Frequency" setting, as i read somewhere that if frequency is improperly set, it might blow up the speakers!!!!
The JBL tube manual that i got, says that it has Frequency response range is 38Hz-500Hz. How much frequency should i set on the amp for the tube.

And moreover what is this Frequency? try not to be too technical, if u guru log can, plz tell me about the setting to be made. Does this frequency setting effect the quality of sound produced?

Thanks,
Hi amit, congrats on ur setup. How much did you pay for THA480. Is it with bill and warranty?
dmitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 23:52   #273
BHPian

Frequency response of a speaker/amp is the range of frequencies the speaker/amp can reproduce.

It only means the tube can reproduce frequencies between 38 and 500 Hz. If you have a low pass filter on the amp channel driving the sub, use it. I would let the sub handle the low end to about 80 or 100Hz. The rears can handle frequencies from above 80 or 100Hz.

And no. Your speakers will not go poof just like that. This could happen say when you feed a tweeter with a bass signal. Naturally, the tweeter cone/dome excursion is not much. A bass signal will make the tweeter cone/dome move more than it can. This is how speakers can be damaged.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2005, 00:04   #274
BHPian

hi dmitri, i got blau THA480 with bill and warrenty. Price for the amp Rs 14500-15000 (app). But since i got the setup done from a friend of mine, he charged me Rs 13000 for the amp. As far as i know ,blau amps do not come without box and warrent.
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote