Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 11:18   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I wanted to know the trade name and what type of shops sell them because I tried to find it here but haven't been successful enough.
I'd bought some off a furnishing supplies shop about a year back. They also called it carpet. I asked them for the kind of carpet used in cars and they showed me exactly what I wanted.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 11:26   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'd bought some off a furnishing supplies shop about a year back. They also called it carpet. I asked them for the kind of carpet used in cars and they showed me exactly what I wanted.
Great, so 'carpet' it is. Thanks Hydra and Gunbir. The audio guys here showed me a rexine cloth which is light grey in colour and looks ugly to use on speaker rings.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 11:43   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Thanks gunbir. Is it possible to fix the rears behind the second row of seats ? I think he has 3 rows of seats.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 11:49   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Great, so 'carpet' it is. Thanks Hydra and Gunbir. The audio guys here showed me a rexine cloth which is light grey in colour and looks ugly to use on speaker rings.
Its not just called carpet, it is a carpet. Make sure you get one that doesn't have a stiff backing. While a stiff backing is good for the carpet when used at home to prevent it from wrinkling, you wont be able to wrap it properly around rings and box edges.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 12:37   #50
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its not just called carpet, it is a carpet. Make sure you get one that doesn't have a stiff backing. While a stiff backing is good for the carpet when used at home to prevent it from wrinkling, you wont be able to wrap it properly around rings and box edges.
Thanks B&T, I will keep that in mind. Appreciate your help .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 22:31   #51
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Very nice thread there Gunbir. This is more on the same line in as much that I have discussing with one or two people in New Delhi. My problem is that I am at that piont where most poeple are when they are going to spend a large amount of money, and they want to know if they have made the right choice. My first problem is whether I should buy the Scorpio or the Innova, that quastion is for somewhere else. My second problem is concerning your talents. The choice between Pioneer or Clarion. I want to go with the Pioneer, but from my email's and visit's to the Pioneer official dealers in ND they just don't want to sell with their lack of interest in suppling me with the information that I needed. If this their attertude before they sell what is it going to like after they sell. I even tried to get information from their Sinapore HQ but no luck there. As a last resort I tried to get information from Pioneer's Authorised Distrobutors- AUOTCOP- but you guessed it no luck there as well. Gave up and started to look at the Clarion stuff. What I want to know is, what would be good to go with the set up that I have in mind to fit the SCORPIO or INNOVA. They both offer the same in hardware except that the Pioneer's little box AVG-VDP1 is a nice add on. What I want to know is, are their top of the range speaker's and subwoofer's and the Amps worth the money, the reason being that I would like to keep everything inhouse and matched Also while we are on the INNOVA topic can you get the Duo tweeter pods that have just started to hit the streets in the far east
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 23:17   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 363
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Very nice thread there Gunbir. This is more on the same line in as much that I have discussing with one or two people in New Delhi. My problem is that I am at that piont where most poeple are when they are going to spend a large amount of money, and they want to know if they have made the right choice. My first problem is whether I should buy the Scorpio or the Innova, that quastion is for somewhere else. My second problem is concerning your talents. The choice between Pioneer or Clarion. I want to go with the Pioneer, but from my email's and visit's to the Pioneer official dealers in ND they just don't want to sell with their lack of interest in suppling me with the information that I needed. If this their attertude before they sell what is it going to like after they sell. I even tried to get information from their Sinapore HQ but no luck there. As a last resort I tried to get information from Pioneer's Authorised Distrobutors- AUOTCOP- but you guessed it no luck there as well. Gave up and started to look at the Clarion stuff. What I want to know is, what would be good to go with the set up that I have in mind to fit the SCORPIO or INNOVA. They both offer the same in hardware except that the Pioneer's little box AVG-VDP1 is a nice add on. What I want to know is, are their top of the range speaker's and subwoofer's and the Amps worth the money, the reason being that I would like to keep everything inhouse and matched Also while we are on the INNOVA topic can you get the Duo tweeter pods that have just started to hit the streets in the far east

anyone seen the new BINGO ad??
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 23:19   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Very nice thread there Gunbir. This is more on the same line in as much that I have discussing with one or two people in New Delhi. My problem is that I am at that piont where most poeple are when they are going to spend a large amount of money, and they want to know if they have made the right choice. My first problem is whether I should buy the Scorpio or the Innova, that quastion is for somewhere else. My second problem is concerning your talents. The choice between Pioneer or Clarion. I want to go with the Pioneer, but from my email's and visit's to the Pioneer official dealers in ND they just don't want to sell with their lack of interest in suppling me with the information that I needed. If this their attertude before they sell what is it going to like after they sell. I even tried to get information from their Sinapore HQ but no luck there. As a last resort I tried to get information from Pioneer's Authorised Distrobutors- AUOTCOP- but you guessed it no luck there as well. Gave up and started to look at the Clarion stuff. What I want to know is, what would be good to go with the set up that I have in mind to fit the SCORPIO or INNOVA. They both offer the same in hardware except that the Pioneer's little box AVG-VDP1 is a nice add on. What I want to know is, are their top of the range speaker's and subwoofer's and the Amps worth the money, the reason being that I would like to keep everything inhouse and matched Also while we are on the INNOVA topic can you get the Duo tweeter pods that have just started to hit the streets in the far east

what stuff do you wanna inquirer....if you plan to get the full setup by pioneer and willing to spend then stop.....the only stuff pioneer is best is the HU.....the amp are ok ok and the speakers are less than average.....they are not crappy but average.....so what is your budget and what you listen to....and what are you plans .....will help us in helping you more.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 03:31   #54
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Innova Install

Whether it is the Scorpio or the Innova it shouldn't make too much of a difference in the end. What I have in mind is that the car is divided into three parts. Front where I will be most of the time, all I want is music (Rock and Roll, Country & Western Ballards). The second part is where the ladies of the family will sit and they can watch DVDs on the two 7" headrest Monitors and the third part is where the two lads can play their games on the 10.5" drop down roof monitor or any mixture of this. Based on the Head unit (Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD or Clarion MAX 676VD) I looking to build around one of these a 5.1 or 7.2 system. As I have said that the hardware should all match, but I am willing to see the other side of the coin and get some expert advice on the SPEAKERS, SUB-WOOFERS AND AMP. The budget is around two lac give or take a thousand, for the Audio stuff the rest is extra. Before that the car is going in for customizing by *** of New Delhi (New lights, K&N ram air, Inter-cooler, ECU upgrade, Bull Bars, Full Skirting, Stanley Leather all around inside, New Dials and one or two other things) Every car that I have ever bought has had the upgrading done before hand as I hate to touch it again while I keep it. So that's what I want so what about the Speakers, Sub woofers and Amps (SSA's)?
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 10:40   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

till the second row everthing is fine...but in the third row I think it will be a two much job and will not be required .....rather I would suggest get them a psp which will be a better option all together....

about the HU it will cost you about 60k range with 10k plus minus.....and the roof top screen for the ladies will be about 10-15k.....so you have more than 120k for the rest of the setup...and it is a very nice budget for a nice setup.......now If you have a innova or a scorpio where do you plan to place the subs.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 10:42   #56
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,503
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Front where I will be most of the time, all I want is music
The second part is where the ladies of the family will sit and they can watch DVDs on the two 7" headrest Monitors
third part is where the two lads can play their games
I would suggest the use of headphone (expect for the front) to keep the sound from the music, movies and games getting all mixed up. see
Sealed/Noise Canceling - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears
(I would suggest the AKG 26P, Senn HD205 or 212Pro , Beyer 231 or if the money is no object the Senn PCX 450). The PXC 450 retails for 30K in India you shoudl be able to get it for 24-25K after a discount.


The best solution is to get headphone sockets installed in each door armrrest and 2 in the rear door (for the 2 "lads"). Total 4 headphones (2 for the ladies and 2 for the lads). I'd buget 6-8K per pair (unless money is no object).

Each headphone could (or rather) should have it's own bithead (if you need a ISB port) or airhead. see
The Mobile Line - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

These amps can be added later if the budget is limited.

For the front a 6" 2 way component would be a good place to start. If possible (I dont know how the doors are built) a 8" 3 way would be even nicer. A small sub (esp if you are looking at a 6" 2 way) would need to be located somewhere (no idea so far).

Now each area would need it's own soruce. CD HU for the front, Video Ipods for the middle (with 2 ipods and a switcher the laides can watch their own moviies or the same) and an PS3/Xbox for the lads.
To service the 2 Video ipods you would need what I call a "video servier" at home that can rip DVDs into MPEG4 and load these on the ipod (your PC woild really need firewire and a 400-500GB hard drive for this). The other option is to install 2 HUs in the front (2 DIN in the Innova) one CD hU which palys through the amp and speakers and one DVD HU that plays via the bithead/airhead or via a small 12V amp to the headphones (video from the DVD HU can be split to both screens). You can even implement both ipod and DVD HU at the same time as most screen have 2 video inputs so one is for the DVD HU and one is for each ipod so the women can either watch the same DVD or individual ipods.

1. CD HU 8K from Pio/Blau
2. DVD HU 12K from JVC
3. 2 Video Ipods 32-35K
4. Xbox.PS3 25K
5. 4 ch amp for fornt speakers and suib 13K
6. 2-4 bitheads/airheads (optional) $100-150 each (bithead had a USB port)
7. 4 headphones Rs. 6-8K each (25-30K for 4)
8. Headrest and flip down screens Rs. 20K for 3 f you get lesser barnds like Necvox
9. Front speakers 6K-15K
10. damping wiring and install 10K.
---------
Rs. 1.75L + $400 for the airheads.

Last edited by navin : 16th May 2007 at 10:45.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 00:47   #57
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi There.

Have been looking at some website about shallow subs as well pioneer's own just wanted to know what you thought of them?
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 09:25   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,503
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Have been looking at some website about shallow subs as well pioneer's own just wanted to know what you thought of them?
Most shallow subs are not worth the money but is the install demands this kind of sub what choice does one have?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 10:43   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Hi There.

Have been looking at some website about shallow subs as well pioneer's own just wanted to know what you thought of them?
TS-SW3041D

latest model...

TS-SW124D

older model..

Are these the subs you are talking about....if yes then stay away from them...as they are good for boom only and nothing else.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 21:21   #60
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi There.,

These and also POWER ACOUSTIK STW-12 Silver Edition Shallow-Mount Subwoofer (12". 1600W)"
Rockford Fosgate P312D4S
SWS-12 12" Shallow Subwoofer
Thing is that to do something right from the start, as they say "measure twice, cut once" I am trying to look at all possibilities and go from there. I may be a novice in these matters at the moment but it doesn't take too long to learn from the best school, that of experience. Have been looking at how the likes of Range Rover can fit two subs in the back tailgate or in the floor. The thing is that there has to be a compromise between space and sound.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors) Bhushanrulz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 45 26th July 2011 00:48
2005 Innova Custom audio install A S H V I N In-Car Entertainment 9 15th November 2006 01:26
How to install music system w/o violating warranty? DCEite In-Car Entertainment 18 27th February 2005 04:18
Joystick driven VW Beetle - amazing audio install manticore Technical Stuff 1 13th September 2004 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks